So whats the rule

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is no upside to discussing these types of situations. Any way you answer it gives the anti hunting groups more ammunition. Even if you do everything by the book, the anti's will say, "See, you wasted a deer!!" "Hunting should be banned!!" There is no correct answer. Let's be smart about this and extremely careful what we post. Carry On!!

I could give 2shits want the anti groups think of our discussions. They're gonna bitch no matter what we say or how we say it. There's no way to avoid the kill and blood when hunting. Not every animal will be killed with one clean kill shot. Some will get wounded, and suffer for days, or even weeks. We all know this. We try as best we can to avoid it, but its going to happen. Not talking about it to appease the liberals I stupidity winning the day, again. In fact, I believe talking about it may get some hunters to become more proficient and take better shots, thus helping the problem. Nothing good ever comes from pandering to this liberal watch what you say BS.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't say not to talk about it. I merely said there isn't an upside to these types of situations regardless of what is done and to be smart and extremely careful about what is posted. I'm well aware of the realities of hunting and that unfortunate events occur. I just don't think advertising these events is a good idea. If you think posting about wounded animals suffering for days helps portray our sport in a positive light, by all means do what you think is right. Carry On!!

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Game and fish gave buddy another tag for a doe after he found his buck ate up. db

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you get a deer that is bad down here they take the deer and give you a new one

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
As i get older, i start to care less and less. Screw the anti hunting crowd. Make an honest effort to find yor deer. If you find it half eaten, walk on by like a straight man at a gay pride parade.

Nmariner

Established Member
Just my two cents but I would call the Game and Fish and hope for the best. Why did the coyotes get there first? Because you were questioning shot placement and thought it was best to leave overnight versus possibly bumping the deer? You are doing the right think for the deer by waiting versus bumping and risking not finding it at all. So why leave the deer and go shoot another one when you have already killed and not tagged a deer already?

Most likely everyone on the site has or will wound and not find a deer in their lifetimes. It happens. Just surprised at the number of people that would leave the deer lay and move on to the next one

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67