TWO Taggers

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK, just admit it......How many of you out there have two BUCK tags? Bow, Muzzy, rifle, etc.

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a mulie buck rifle tag. My archery tag is good for either. So technically I have 1 BUCK tag.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lol I'm just messing around guys, I'm not judging you TWO Taggers. Oh, and Duck, an any deer tag counts as a Buck lol.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Two baggers??..............................Nope never had any. :;:muahaha ;:;boozer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well this happened today deer hunting ...with 2 wolf tags in my pocket.
It was windy today as I sat in my treestand up here in in the great white north. I'd seen 5 bucks already, could have shot them all with a bow so things were going great!
At 1230 I heard something, looked ahead to see one hell of a sight! There were three wolves running my way through the timber at a good pace.As the closest grey /white one approached I gave out some rodent squeaks but it couldn't hear them and kept coming. At 40 yds I fawn bleated and it stopped.. With 4 trees in front of it!! I could only see part of its face and piece of its rump. Then it bounded off hopping over dead fall as I shot, it looked good in my scope and it jumped landing on its shoulder and took off.. I Went down to only find tracks and no blood, what a bumber!! I've probably sat at least 100+ dark till dark days up north and to finally get a chance and this happens! When it stopped it would have been a chip shot, I was braced against the pine and steady. Had wind on them, they didnt gave a clue. Man what a tough pill to swallow today
But I guess I did get to experience something few have seen. Those wolves running through the bush on the hunt right to me, what a sight, at first I thought I was seeing things!
Update
20191119_095245.jpg

Update 11/19
Was really slow this morning,sat till one.
On the atv ride back we had just gotten on the gravel and another wolf ran across the road right in front of us at 30 yards. This was a big bugger, just loped across. Wasnt in a big hurry. Cant have bullets in your gun here..
Buddy up here got one with his bow even this week?
This is becoming a wolf hunt more than a deer hunt I think!
Ha ha

20191118_081513.jpg

Last edited:

Founding Member
Founding Member
Terrible ending! Ha ha
So close..man I blew it big time!
All I got to remind me is a pic of its track..

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had 5 buck tags for me and my elderly, youth and dead family members. Filled em all. Insert pot stirring emoticon here.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a buck rifle tag and also have a bow tag to fill. But I'm going to shoot the first non-fawn that comes by with my bow, so time will tell if it's a "buck" tag or not.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drew a ND antelope and a ND mule deer buck this year. It was fun, but I’m sure it will be a long sit on the sidelines again coming up.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a buck rifle tag and also have a bow tag to fill. But I'm going to shoot the first non-fawn that comes by with my bow, so time will tell if it's a "buck" tag or not.
Same boat but hope to flip it, doe with rifle, buck with the bow.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drew a ND antelope and a ND mule deer buck this year. It was fun, but I’m sure it will be a long sit on the sidelines again coming up.
I know your pain I am on my first year of sitting since drawing multi tags last year.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Muley gun filled so there will be sausage this winter. And if one bigger than the ones already on the wall walks by the tree stand I'll be hoping a piece of cedar from the Kota recurve scores a nice clean hit.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Beautiful chilly morning up north started out right at 0, had a good one show up on camera so plan is to just sit on this spot from dark till dark this next week.
Did I mention I hate squirrels! Ha ha ha
Last three mornings have been dead, monday the rutting activity was on fire. Hopefully it picks back up again.
20191121_083308.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56