Favorite meals.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
What’s everyone’s all time favorite meal? Hers mine. 026FCD3B-726C-4A28-8CAD-3FBBEFB329CA.jpg

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
thats not a bad combo. If it smells like rotten fish its time to move on

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am going to go with leftover Thanksgiving Turkey sandwich made with grandma's just out of the oven brown bread. A million years later, I can still smell and taste it as if it were yesterday.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am going to go with leftover Thanksgiving Turkey sandwich made with grandma's just out of the oven brown bread. A million years later, I can still smell and taste it as if it were yesterday.
Growing up my mom made homemade bread just about everyday. I hate to admit it, but when we got to eat boughten sliced bread it was like a treat to me. Now I would sell my kidney to have some of mom’s homemade bread again.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
My favorite meals are the ones my wife makes for me every day. I appreciate each and every one for the effort she puts into them and I tell her so. A simple "Thank You" to the women in out lives pays more dividends in the long run than can be counted in a lifetime. That said, I especially appreciate when my wife makes tator tot hotdish with extra burger, venison steaks with fried potatoes, deep fried walleye fillets with baked beans, and last but not least and coming in first place.....BACON AND EGGS!!!

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Norwegian dish made by my Grandmother on Dad's side. Mom's side was Norwegian also, but they did make this dish. We called it: kluub.

Cook short ribs and salt pork to make the cooking broth. The kluub is a mixture of grated potatoes and flour and ground liver - 1# of liver to 5#'s of potatoes. It adds flavor but there is no liver taste. Cut some of the cooked salt pork into 3/4" cubes to put in the middle of the dumplings. Mix the flour and potatoes/liver into a ball and put the salt pork in and fold the flour/potatoes around it. Simmer the dumplings for a couple of hours in the short rib/salt pork broth and serve with butter or what I like is a small bowl of the cooking broth to dunk the kluub in. Also serve the short ribs. The next morning slice the kluub and warm-up/fry and eat with butter for breakfast, lunch and dinner until gone!

Last edited:

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
My favorite meals are the ones my wife makes for me every day. I appreciate each and every one for the effort she puts into them and I tell her so. A simple "Thank You" to the women in out lives pays more dividends in the long run than can be counted in a lifetime. That said, I especially appreciate when my wife makes tator tot hotdish with extra burger, venison steaks with fried potatoes, deep fried walleye fillets with baked beans, and last but not least and coming in first place.....BACON AND EGGS!!!
Is this some sort of SOS code? Are you being held at gunpoint? Do we need to send help?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is this some sort of SOS code? Are you being held at gunpoint? Do we need to send help?

Nope!! No rescue is required and any attempt to change my situation WON'T be appreciated. Thanks!! (Grin)

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope!! No rescue is required and any attempt to change my situation WON'T be appreciated. Thanks!! (Grin)
Good for you KDM!! I have not been as lucky as you and now avoid females.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im pretty sure he is saying that he likes to eat lutefisk
Ooooohh lutefisk!!! It’s almost that time of year when I can buy it in my local store. I’m so excited. Lutefisk, garlic butter, and potatoes, I’ll eat like a king for at least 2 weeks that it is available.

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think KDM might have a better wife than most when it comes to cooking...

Maybe this (women cooking) is best for a separate thread, but my mom used to prepare a meal every day if dad was there for it, so if he was home all day, she made breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I find that more and more women are helping with the household income and thus their roles have changed. My wife and I pretty much split the cooking duties now a days. I actually don't mind cooking...its the clean up after that I hate...

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I pretty much do all the cooking for our family of 4.

And I do have two favorite foods that have been consistent for many, many years.....fried chicken (broasted even better), and sushi, particularly hamachi (yellowtail tuna) and unagi (freshwater eel).

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55