Favorite meals.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I find that I can still buy quality meat. I just don't shop for steaks or burgers in Big Box stores. Have a local grocer who's specialty is his small butcher ship. All those stores have a choice of the quality of boxed beef they buy and as a result the consumer can taste the difference. My favorite steak is a ribeye but not all ribeyes are the same. a butcher also controls the quality of the burger they produce according to the amount of fat and beef in the burger. You can go to beef producer and buy a 1/2 or 1/4 and the quality and taste will depend on how the producer has fed and finished that beef.

As the man of the house I also like to cook real food and not open a box or some other pre-made food. I prefer just cooking 'from scratch' most of the time. Granted, opening a can of Campbell's soup tastes good sometimes. Probably my favorite has to be a good steak but also love pizza, fish (breaded and deep fried as well as cooked on the grill with something to add some spice). Many pasta dishes are right up there as well as Mexican. Now that I think about it, there isn't much I don't like. Properly prepared I guess is the real key.

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
My grandmother's were both amazing cooks, neither of them are here anymore but they loved to make our favorite foods. Growing up on the farm grandma always packed s great lunch and my favorite was egg salad and ham sandwiches in home made buns with chocolate chip cookies, and my other grandma's home made caramel rolls and roast beef and potatoes were eat till you fall out of your chair good. Now my favorite would be any of my mom's hot dishes and her home made bread.

Glass

★★★ Legendary Member
I haven't gotten to the point of making my own butter, I mean the ingredient list on the box is cream and salt, but I have started using unsalted butter more and more. I like the texture and taste a bit better, and actually it still tastes "salty" to me.

I felt the same way until we had corn on the cob this year. I sat there looking at my corn wondering why all the butter was running on the plate and not sticking to the corn like I had remembered it doing when i was a kid. So i bought some cream and made a batch of butter. Boom, the butter stuck to the corn like it use to. Then, just eating it plain and comparing it to standard store bought butter was mind blowing. First the store bought was an off white, where the stuff I made was yellow, second the flavor amazing in comparison store bought butter lacked flavor and it did not remain after a second or so, the homemade stuff had tons of flavor that lasted longer, 15-20 seconds. Give it a try if your interested or dont believe me

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
I have lead a gifted life, my wife , mom and grandmothers , all amazing cooks. I always tell my dad we may have worked like slaves on the farm but we ate like kings . I have too many favorites to list from soups to beef to pork etc . The only thing we didn't eat and I still don't are hot dishes .

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
My favorite meals are the ones my wife makes for me every day. I appreciate each and every one for the effort she puts into them and I tell her so. A simple "Thank You" to the women in out lives pays more dividends in the long run than can be counted in a lifetime. That said, I especially appreciate when my wife makes tator tot hotdish with extra burger, venison steaks with fried potatoes, deep fried walleye fillets with baked beans, and last but not least and coming in first place.....BACON AND EGGS!!!

Ive had Mrs KDM’s bacon and eggs a couple times and he ain’t lying!

For me, our special meals always consisted of a special marinated chicken, with a cheesy potato dish, salad and bread. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Home-made deep-dish pan pizza with every meat-toppings you can think of. Eat for every meal until gone.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes I like lots of food. I finally figured something I really like.
Every summer I await the first ripe corn. I pick 5 or 6 ears, husk it immediately and cook it there after. Then pig out. Buttered and Cajun seasoning.
After the corn is gone from the garden I quit eating corn for the year. Fresh is the best.

Muzzytipped

Founding Member
Founding Member
shirmp and scallop scampi

05-03-shrimp-scallop-scampi.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108