Underwater Walleye Trolling Bites, Strikes & Follows 2019

tomasz20

Established Member

OK this is it! My favourite underwater video that I have ever made. Super clear shots of big schools of walleye, nice strikes and structure. Ever wonder what it looks like when the walleyes bite your crankbait. This is the video for you. It shows how walleyes react to slow trolling and fast trolling. We were trolling for walleyes using a 30 ft Tail dancer from Rapala and reef runner crankbaits. This was all shot at Elk Island Lodge on Gods Lake, Manitoba, Canada. Thank you for watching !! Make sure you subscribe and stay tuned for more Underwater strike videos of Northern Pike and walleye.
Camera Used: Water Wolf HD v1.1

Attachments

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 12.38.21 PM.jpg

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Looks by the last couple you should have put a couple of treble hooks on the camera

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watching these vids leaves me shaking my head. It's hard to fathom how many fish there needs to be, in order to catch one. I mean, fish after fish turn their noses up.

Also, given that if I even look at a sharp hook, it's embedded in my hand - it's amazing that they can strike (sometimes repeatedly) at a lure with 6 or 9 hooks, and not get caught.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watching these vids leaves me shaking my head. It's hard to fathom how many fish there needs to be, in order to catch one. I mean, fish after fish turn their noses up.

Also, given that if I even look at a sharp hook, it's embedded in my hand - it's amazing that they can strike (sometimes repeatedly) at a lure with 6 or 9 hooks, and not get caught.

That’s why a guy has so many cranks. You can pull one through the mother load and get totally ignored. Then pull another color or style and you can’t keep the thing in the water because fish hammer it instantly.

tomasz20

Established Member
That’s why a guy has so many cranks. You can pull one through the mother load and get totally ignored. Then pull another color or style and you can’t keep the thing in the water because fish hammer it instantly.

funny you say that I did 2 passes around this island with no bites and a neon green tail dancer and nothing switched to clown and it was instant action.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
funny you say that I did 2 passes around this island with no bites and a neon green tail dancer and nothing switched to clown and it was instant action.

Being the hillbilly that I am, the only conclusion I could come to, would be "there are no fish down there".

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Goes to show ya though, pounding bottom can trigger bites. I also jig my cranks often hoping to entice followers.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55