Man Card

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
The collection belongs to a friend of mine. You'd like it. The old ones are cooler, the new ones are fast and sharp.

What's with the but ugly colors? A few of the green ones might be ok, but not next to each other .....The blue ones.... omg FN hurts the eyes

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
luck.jpg

LOVE Mustangs!! First car: 1965 Mustang Coupe 302 - 3 Speed

Did someone put that motor in it because 302 wasn't put in Mustang's until 68 if i remember right.
I had a 66 with a 289 and a 3 speed. Fun little car and wish i still had it. Top end wasn't great but man did it have a hole shot.
Still looking for a 66-69 Mustang in very good condition but haven't found one that isn't way over priced or it is a bondo piece of junk. Want a 4 speed if possible.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
i would spend 100X time teaching my kid how to defensively drive in this world of i dont give a shit drivers and texters--- vs a stick shift

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Short, Grandson ( Overland Park KS) got to go to one day school at the NASCAR track with Semi drivers and NASCAR personal with emphasis on defensive driving. Daughter said it was awesome.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are ever around Horse Shows, Rodeos etc there is a lot of young ladies that are piloting big rigs and doing a great job of backing them anywhere,
and a few that aren' t worth a shit like my sister in-law

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now I am feeling old. How many of you drive a vehicle you had to double clutch. I'll bet half don't even know what I am talking about. You had to push in the clutch to get the vehicle out of bear, then drop the clutch, then push it in again before pushing into the next gear. If you missed a beat the grinding would numb your knuckles.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Dad had a 48 Diamond T truck that you had to double clutch. 4 speed with high and low range. Ground a # or two.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's with the but ugly colors? A few of the green ones might be ok, but not next to each other .....The blue ones.... omg FN hurts the eyes

All original colors. Grabber Green, and Grabber Blue. Not common. He has a couple of one-of-two, or one-of-one. Like, 1967 Shelby GT500KR, automatic, convertible, grabber green. Put together a combo like that, and they only made a few. Fast forward 50 years, and there's only one left.

With the exception of the late model grabber blue GT500 convertible, these cars are nearly never driven. Once per year.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup, me too. We practiced in a small pickup with auto, and a sedan with a stick. My first car was a stick as well.

I've driven a few of these cars, manual transmissions.

luck.jpg

It's funny. the black 1969 Boss is a four speed, and it sounded like it was going to fly apart, at about 55 mph. Low low gears.

Now that is a car collection. Lucky bugger.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
My first vehicle was 4 cyl Ford Ranger with a stick. Long live the power ranger.

I had an '85 Ranger w/2.8L V-6 and a 5-spd, 4x4, and dual tanks.

I'm glad I don't have to try and keep up with today's Interstate-speed traffic in that Ranger.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had a old 49 international truck that needed double clutching and when I started in the military there were vehicles that needed to be double clutched. Been a while but I am sure I could get right back into it as needed

man in the box

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK Boomers. Still not really sure what that means, but my son calls me it all the time. I'm not a "baby boomer" in age, but I think it means you're not with the times. With that said, I think every kid should learn how to drive a manual. My daughter didn't want anything to do with that, so she drives an automatic. My son wanted a manual. It is hard to find a used manual that hasn't been driven hard. Times are a changing.

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Double clutching was the only way to downshift the old three on the trees from 2nd to 1st before synchros.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Grounds for man card revoking
When your buddy decides to stay home and watch a sappy/girly movie with the wife instead of coming to hang out with the boys and watch the sporting event of choice and enjoy adult beverages and fried food. Especially when the guys almost never see him anymore.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Grounds for man card revoking
When your buddy decides to stay home and watch a sappy/girly movie with the wife instead of coming to hang out with the boys and watch the sporting event of choice and enjoy adult beverages and fried food. Especially when the guys almost never see him anymore.

Yup...that would get your card pulled...for sure!

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now I am feeling old. How many of you drive a vehicle you had to double clutch. I'll bet half don't even know what I am talking about. You had to push in the clutch to get the vehicle out of bear, then drop the clutch, then push it in again before pushing into the next gear. If you missed a beat the grinding would numb your knuckles.

I say take away the man card for anyone that cannot drive a vehicle with a double clutch or for that matter take it away from any guy that can't saddle a horse. Every man that calls himself a man should at a minimum be able to saddle a horse.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I say take away the man card for anyone that cannot drive a vehicle with a double clutch or for that matter take it away from any guy that can't saddle a horse. Every man that calls himself a man should at a minimum be able to saddle a horse.

Unless you ride bareback! :cool:

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Finding that perfect fitting gun or rod and reel and saying the wife would kill me or I can't get it passed the wife. If it's your hard earned money it is yours to do with what you choose. May as well grow a man bun throw on some skinny jeans and get a pair of dumb white framed sunglasses or those cheap stupid colored ones as you hand in your man card.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76