Moose on the loose in Bis

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is She a HE? the picture yesterday looks like a young bull that had dropped it antlers but I could be wrong

F16FF437-08F3-4147-934D-AB226C8E29F0.jpeg

I hadn't seen the picture yet, but yes, that is a bull. Looked like a cow from the office window. Bismarck PD was over there a bit ago trying to run it off again. Wish they would just let it go.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well its obvoius the lefts culture is even seeping into our wild game populations now..... a male moose identifying as a female moose..... but in all seriousness I believe moose start dropping well before the other ungulates in the state so my guess is a bull thats dropped already.

- - - Updated - - -

The little I know about mooses is from the mid 90's when I went with my father in-law when he was drawn for a bull moose in the Wahalla area. The season opened the day after Thanksgiving and I pulled one antler off the small bull he shot. There were also another hunter that had a cow tag and shot a bull that had already dropped his antlers. So I don't think it would be out of place for this young bull to have dropped them by now, I figured that was one of the reasons they moved the season up

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Moose are not an endangered species. I'm sure the local food bank could use some protein and the meat processors are doing venison this time of year anyway. A phone call to a processor, a loader and truck standing by, a single 12 ga slug to the chest, and the public is protected from a big animal in a place it shouldn't be and some hungry people get fed. Problem solved. WHY is this so hard for folks to figure out.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Moose are not an endangered species. I'm sure the local food bank could use some protein and the meat processors are doing venison this time of year anyway. A phone call to a processor, a loader and truck standing by, a single 12 ga slug to the chest, and the public is protected from a big animal in a place it shouldn't be and some hungry people get fed. Problem solved. WHY is this so hard for folks to figure out.

Preposterous! Grow out your man bun, fire up your Prius and get yourself a slab of plant-based meat! The planet is at stake here!

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Smoke it's ass and be done with it, before somebody gets hurt

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Preposterous! Grow out your man bun, fire up your Prius and get yourself a slab of plant-based meat! The planet is at stake here!

Well you have four usable words in your post. Fire, slab, meat, and stake. Now just rearrange these, add a few connector words, and you have "Stake a slab of meat over the fire." Sounds like words to eat by. Make mine rare please!

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
moose are dropping antlers already.
have multiple trail cam pics in very moosy areas and wife was within 15 yards of a young bull bow hunting a week ago she could see his junk and was anterless, also last week had trail cam pics of a large bull with single antler

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well its obvoius the lefts culture is even seeping into our wild game populations now..... a male moose identifying as a female moose..... but in all seriousness I believe moose start dropping well before the other ungulates in the state so my guess is a bull thats dropped already.

- - - Updated - - -

The little I know about mooses is from the mid 90's when I went with my father in-law when he was drawn for a bull moose in the Wahalla area. The season opened the day after Thanksgiving and I pulled one antler off the small bull he shot. There were also another hunter that had a cow tag and shot a bull that had already dropped his antlers. So I don't think it would be out of place for this young bull to have dropped them by now, I figured that was one of the reasons they moved the season up

All the pics he has of his moose is with me standing beside it holding one of the antlers in place

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Smoke it's ass and be done with it, before somebody gets hurt

Personally, I wouldn't mind another good story like the tourists in the park getting tossed by the buffalo. If they would just leave it alone, it will find it's way. If people are dumb enough to get too close, then they deserve to get hurt. I do like the idea of shooting it to donate the meat though, or letting me shoot it to stock up. I'm starting to run low on moose anyways...

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
This site is filled with such negativity. No matter what someone does, there is someone to bitch about it. I'm sure the cops were trying to get it out of town because it was near such a busy intersection. People stop to look at a moose and accidents will happen. It's life. Quit blaming people for being curious. This was up by my house and yes I slowed down to look at it. I've spend 30 days in the field hunting this year and so yes, I get out and see wildlife all the time and that still didn't stop me from slowing down to look at it just like I know damn sure you guys all would too. It's really cool to see one in town cause we don't live in Alaska and it isn't common.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
It really didn’t help that local news channels had live reports on Facebook.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
This site is filled with such negativity. No matter what someone does, there is someone to bitch about it. I'm sure the cops were trying to get it out of town because it was near such a busy intersection. People stop to look at a moose and accidents will happen. It's life. Quit blaming people for being curious. This was up by my house and yes I slowed down to look at it. I've spend 30 days in the field hunting this year and so yes, I get out and see wildlife all the time and that still didn't stop me from slowing down to look at it just like I know damn sure you guys all would too. It's really cool to see one in town cause we don't live in Alaska and it isn't common.

I always get a chuckle when someone bitches about others bitching

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Baa ha ha, if the dumb fucks that are driving and gawking get in an accident because the moose is by a busy intersection, I say give them a $100 ticket for driving distracted. Its called PAY ATTENTION to where the hell you are driving/going. I am tired of "lets do this or that" bullshit because someone isn't smart enough to know/do things the right way in life. Dumbasses!

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member

I’d go with a headshot though. Less meat damage

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’d go with a headshot though. Less meat damage

Not a bad thought, but you have to assume the individual taking the shot can actually hit the target. My confidence on a good hit on a small moving target encased in some fairly stout bone is pretty low. That and I'd be worried about a pass through in an urban setting with the bullet going to far on the other side. A good expanding slug might not go all the way through a moose and if it did, there shouldn't be much left as far as energy to go very far. At least that's where my logic was leaning, for whatever that's worth.

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice to see a moose in town. I was heading up to Ale Works to have lunch with my brother and met 5 cop cars, three parked around the new oil change business. Two animal control pickups also and they had him surrounded. Saw him peaking through the cattails in that little dry creek. They ended up pulling the cop cars out and leaving the animal control pickups to monitor which was probably a good thing; poor guy could lay down and get some sleep.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Where is this moose now. Seen one just west of cashman nursery by railroad tracks. No one was stopped for it and no cops or animal control around. Are the more than one?

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
moose are dropping antlers already.
have multiple trail cam pics in very moosy areas and wife was within 15 yards of a young bull bow hunting a week ago she could see his junk and was anterless, also last week had trail cam pics of a large bull with single antler

You're ok with your wife looking at another moose's junk?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75