Are you Nodakers killing any deer? ** Crickets**

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
They've all got blue tape on them, there isn't "1" blue taped wonder. Cripes, there's not even "1" M70 Fwt 270Win.

@SDMF
I was referencing you and your preference for the blue tape.

Which, by the way...is part of why I started using the same barrel protection system quite a few years ago. Not long after seeing one of your pics for the first time on that other site, I was strolling through some thick brushy woods in the Badlands and got a small twig in the barrel as the rifle was over my shoulder. It was small enough to where it wasn't overly obvious, but I couldn't help but notice it when I took a sit down break. If'n I had seen a deer I wanted in that hike, I'd most likely have never seen the twig in the barrel (only about an inch of wood protruded from it) before I pulled the trigger. I've no idea what would have happened if I had pulled the trigger that morning but the prospect of an over-pressure was probably higher than I cared for.

Unlike you, I don't have a dedicated color scheme. I've used black, red, yellow, and green over the years. They all seem to work!

Oh yeah, and thanks!

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
my system
p_767000635_1.jpg

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
my system
cache.php

I HATE Loudeners.

Allen, the blue tape has to be close to a 10yr old running joke that started on 24hr Campfire. I can't even remember all of the particulars other than someone said that blue jeans and blue plaid flannels were a bad choice for hunting because the blue was visible to deer.

It turned into a good old-fashioned internet hog-pile, worse than when Sporto used to say stupid shit. Dozens of people all over the country using blue tape, blue jeans, blue shirts, etc, etc, etc and posting the pics to the chagrin of the "non-Blue" guy.

Now the blue tape is just tradition. In all actuality, black 3M Super 33+ is much stickier and easier to use when it's cold out.......

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
194 net i think.

Nets are for fishing.

Silencer master race, for the win.

(I get extra white-trash-slob-hunter-from-Fargo points for shooting him near the road, spray painted gun, gun in antlers, tongue hanging out, backwards camera angle that shrinks the deer, and pics before tagging.)

071D3EC5-BEF2-4AD7-B321-4FDF7303EFA6.jpg

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good one BW!

Last edited:

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
194 6/8 is the current state record typical. Going to be interesting!!!! Can't wait to hear

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
Skeeter, I Got to see your nephews deer (bottom one) at the taxidermist last Thursday, great looking buck. Wife shot one Wednesday that went about 5-6 inches higher gross score.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am pretty sure there is a cap on "any deer" non-resident archery tags. Which are the only ones you can use to stick a muley.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a great consolation prize. The blue taped wonder strikes again!
Im talking all archery on muleys. Limit it across the board.

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd like to see the first month of archery be resident only. Would stop all these tv hunters from coming here since we have one of the earliest openers in the country.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im talking all archery on muleys. Limit it across the board.

Whoa, there's some food for thought, but I am not sure the majority of ND archery hunters would be on board with a limit on mule deer taken by residents during archery season. I haven't personally been out in the 4 units much the past few years, but in the southern 3x units I have been hunting it would sure seem like the mule deer are doing just fine. They're almost a plague in the small area I hunt whitey's in. Enough so that I am going to be targeting the mulies for the next couple weeks as I start bow hunting for the year.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd like to see the first month of archery be resident only. Would stop all these tv hunters from coming here since we have one of the earliest openers in the country.

You mean like us people who are on meth down here. Nr cant hunt public till october first and have to apply by april to get a tag if they intend to hunt public land

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member

Excellent idea!!

- - - Updated - - -

Whoa, there's some food for thought, but I am not sure the majority of ND archery hunters would be on board with a limit on mule deer taken by residents during archery season.

There are getting to be more and more, my self included, that are now more open to some sort of archery restrictions for mule deer. It's about preserving a quality hunt and hunting experience. Simply put, it has turned into a giant shit show out there from opener through rifle season.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Love the no NR until Oct idea, also 600 NR any-antlered archery is absurd since almost all of those end up as Badlands Muley tags.

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was able to tag out on the last morning. I ended up walking a total of 76 miles this season over the course of 8 days. I had seen a few bigger ones but it just didn't end up working out on them. This guy offered me a 150 yard broadside shot on Sunday morning that I couldn't pass up.
2019.jpg
2019_2.jpg

Last edited:

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's about preserving a quality hunt and hunting experience.

Just how it should be for any resident of the state they reside in, no ifs ands or buts about it.
If you're family you plate up first and eat at the main table (children and women first), friends and guests can wait in line.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77