bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aweful quite this year on this forum?
Surley someone has killed something.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had three kids with doe licenses and saw only three deer (only one doe) in four days of hunting. Most are definitely sitting in the corn. On the opening weekend, it snowed on Sunday. I was out Sunday evening til dark in places where there weren't any deer tracks. On Monday morning I went to those same spots and there were deer tracks all over the place. Apparently they were coming out after dark and returning by morning. I ended up following fresh deer tracks that I found where there wasn't a corn field for a few miles. I tracked a couple of deer for about a mile when they got up off their bedding area I was able to shoot a doe. Very difficult.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
there is a facebook page specifically dedicated to the big brutes being taken in this state this year. tis enough attention to our state for my own liking. if us cool folk starting posting our pics too, this place would be overrun with sconis during deer season too after they successfully lobbied our legislature for 75% of tags to go to non residents in the name of tourism dollars to keep small towns alive.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
That page really puts things in perspective....maybe there is big bucks around every fence post. I must suck at hunting.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
From what I have been seeing in my area there are more than normal that aren't coming till right at or just after dark, they aren't hanging around long after sun up. They are still moving around in some of the cover and wooded areas a little it seems like. I am thinking the muzzy tag holders could end up seeing some good opportunities this year

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
You have to understand bnb that each of us can only respond to your question ONCE every 3 years or so. Every 8 years or so for mulies. Bear with us an be patient. In a few years you might hear from half of us. You minnetukians with your OTC bucks have us ND'ers at a disadvantage as your hunt is a guaranteed yearly deal.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
That page really puts things in perspective....maybe there is big bucks around every fence post. I must suck at hunting.
No shit right? Looks like alot of nice deer taken this year especially mule deer. Makes me wonder if we will even have any muley bucks left after this season........ worst part of that website is their is probably thousands of blue-platers and sconis sitting at their computer screen just punchin the ol’ clown to these photos. They need a cap on muley bow tags before its too late.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
there is a facebook page specifically dedicated to the big brutes being taken in this state this year. tis enough attention to our state for my own liking. if us cool folk starting posting our pics too, this place would be overrun with sconis during deer season too after they successfully lobbied our legislature for 75% of tags to go to non residents in the name of tourism dollars to keep small towns alive.

Ndbucksnbulls (Jason zins) is a freaking weirdo. I cannot wrap my head around the attention seeking

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I blocked that FB page after a while. Not good.... the nearly orgasmic gushing praise of antlers got tiresome.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
05F39C4D-AB84-4FF5-8894-74C5692FF2B9.jpg

My nephews with bucks taken of the home ranch

- - - Updated - - -

58F99CD7-A695-4836-AA95-89C79BBCE39D.jpg

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I was a good website hacker I know where I'd start that's for sure..
Myself I was fortunate to take my best bucks with bow n rifle. Would have been really awesome had I not missed that wolf Monday at embarrassingly close range, going to bug me till I'm 6 foot under I'm afraid.
If I get this buck we have on camera up north, it will be frosting on the cake. That is if my knees can take these all day sits, pretty stiff this evening.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw that one the other day, no doubt deer of the year.
Hopefully I'll get to score that thing, looks 220.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
I blocked that FB page after a while. Not good.... the nearly orgasmic gushing praise of antlers got tiresome.

I agree. I haven't blocked it yet, but it's getting bad. I saw a pic of a guy who shot a toad and he looked like someone kicked his dog or slapped his ol' lady. Couldn't even smile...

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
The last 3 days I have gotten some pictures of some really nice deer. They are not mine to post though, so you will just have to believe me. ;:;boozer

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got a couple different pics of that deer and a video showing a 180 degree angle of it, un-friggin real. Family and friends have got some nice ones and a few dandies. I had a 160" (pretty much the twin of buddies 6x5) 50 yards off the highway just staring at me as I took the 7 month old out for her first drive around the countryside during deer season, this papa ain't got no tag but I think I found a future good luck charm for sure.. She'll prob be in first grade before I get a tag again, been 4 years since already..ugh

Was happy to see all the smart doe's keeping all the dumb horny big boys out in the middle of nowhere tonight, boy it was fun to watch them chase and tend to their counterparts, there's no better tv or seat in the house.

Never visited this bread n breakfast or bucks n bears site or whatever the hell its called, what a comical soggy biscuit kinda site it sounds like though. Picture messaging and this site tops out my social media for certain.

Congrats on the biggin this year Joe!:;:cheers

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have been filling tags. Much harder this year than most. Corn still up in areas, lack of crop that wasn't planted due to rain also a reason in others. Deer dont eat dirt. At least until they get lead poisoning...I filled my tag tonight, just figured not worthy of posting. I wasnt going to get out much this weekend due to other plans so I am happy to have some fresh backstraps.Snapchat-1593022140.jpgclose inspection revealed he was blind in 1 eye, so kind of felt good to take him

Last edited:

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
in my area I think the lack of rifle hunters the last 6 or 7 years has helped bucks make it a few more years.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like seeing folks post dead deer. Fawns/ does/ bucks.
At my age, it's the total experience/ story ( and pics) that turn me on.
That devil's lake buck is a freaking BEAST!.
On a side note, this has been a dismally year for me bowhunting in NW MN.
Probably the best year ever for great buck sightings but not for shot opportunity..
I actually like seeing you brown- platers shooting big bucks than my own blue- platers:;:thumbsup

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75