Tesla Cybertruck

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone know how long this new truck would take to charge ? How bout the ones currently being sold, and in use? What would you do if you ran out of charge out in the boon docks?

maybe elon comes and picks you up.....grin

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have to carry a gas powered generator in the back of the pickup or trunk of the car. When its thirty below I can see you getting less then 1/2 the distance they say you can get on a charge.................oh and that truck is the ugliest thing I've seen in a long time. ;:;barf

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good points R.E.gm VOLT has a range of 286 miles plus onboard charging ,LED batteries 10yr warrenty plus its the engine is liquid cooled and car runs on on regular fuel when needed (9gal fuel tank),I checked out other e cars that are not liguid cooled from nissan,bmw,mecedes and a couple more ? nissan was the worst with a 1mile range on one charge,they all have losing a charge issue in cold weather except the volt and Bolt as they have a raidiator,in my area north of of the twin cities I've noticed plenty of free charging station around town,they need 240 amp service,last I checked folks purchasing these e cars get a healthy tax deduction couple yrs ago it was $7500,down side is one needs to convert home to 240amp service

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read something about this truck this morning. They brought up the point that Elon is helping civilians in case of civil war? I'm not a conspiracy nut, but something to think about. A private company supplying armored vehicles to civilians.

But as I was typing this I thought that you can go buy old humvees for cheap from government auctions. My uncle bought one... Either way, I think it's pretty cool what Elon is doing.

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not sure if it gets much more "metro" than Grafton? ;)
The specs are incredible if accurate(as long as price stays the way it is stated). Hard to get over the look right now, but I'm sure that's part of the shock factor. I'd look closer if I lived in a more metro area with a warmish climate.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure if it gets much more "metro" than Grafton? ;)

I too, was chuckling at the Metro comment. I thought, well, by buying this truck, Ahab'd be half-way to metro-sexual, so that's something.

No, seriously. this is an ugly truck, but the e-vehicle ain't going away. They're going to get better, and cheaper. Batteries will get stronger, faster charging, more powerful, and lighter weight.

Was talking to a coworker about this truck last week. We both agreed that it'd be a dumb vehicle to pull a trailer with. but then again, what's to say that the trailer (camper, enclosed trailer, whatever) couldn't have an extra bank of batteries in it?

My point in all of this is, wait, and it'll get better. 10 years ago, electric augers were rare. 30 years ago, our cordless drills (if you even HAD a cordless drill) were powered by NiCd batteries. They were huge, heavy, expensive, had a horrible memory, etc.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Enough, jackals! All I’m saying is if you lived in Phoenix or such with warm climate and had ample ability to charge the thing, it would be interesting based on its performance numbers. That said, it’s ugly as hell and would likely be turd here in the winter. With young boys around that SS exoskeleton would be nice too:)

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone know how long this new truck would take to charge ? How bout the ones currently being sold, and in use? What would you do if you ran out of charge out in the boon docks?

elec car 2.png

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Enough, jackals! All I’m saying is if you lived in Phoenix or such with warm climate and had ample ability to charge the thing, it would be interesting based on its performance numbers. That said, it’s ugly as hell and would likely be turd here in the winter. With young boys around that SS exoskeleton would be nice too:)

My nephew, who lives and works in Downtown Minneapolis, has a Prius. It's actually the perfect vehicle, for commuting around in a big city. A million miles to the gallon, runs on electric only until he hits about 25 mph, and he has plug-ins in his building.

I don't know, but would assume that this Tesla Truck would also capture energy while braking. Simply speaking, the momentum of the vehicle turns gennies, which recharge the batteries under braking.

It's actually pretty cool to watch the dash, to see what's happening, while driving around.

That being said, on the highway - where nobody is braking - the regenerative aspect would be nil.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member

Well hopefully you would have a member of the opposite sex with you and you could pass the time playing. Not playing checkers either.
In other words you would be S.O.L.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member

Nicely played

Last edited:

JJeff

Even though windows cracked for some reason, when he threw those marbles in it, presentation was still impressive. Am I the only one who really liked the design?..

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
JJeff, I don't like the looks or performance at all on these. 200,000 preorders suggest you aren't alone.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Warm climate......maybe have a place. Up here......How you gonna heat the damn thing up in the winter?? Takes my truck 10 minutes of running to get the cab hot enough to keep the windows from fogging up. Electric heaters take LOTS AND LOTS OF POWER. How you gonna keep from dying in 20 below temps using only the batteries which are supposed to be used to make the wheels turn as well? To quote the movie the sixth sense, "I see dead people" if they try to use this thing up north.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Warm climate......maybe have a place. Up here......How you gonna heat the damn thing up in the winter?? Takes my truck 10 minutes of running to get the cab hot enough to keep the windows from fogging up. Electric heaters take LOTS AND LOTS OF POWER. How you gonna keep from dying in 20 below temps using only the batteries which are supposed to be used to make the wheels turn as well? To quote the movie the sixth sense, "I see dead people" if they try to use this thing up north.

same thing was said a bit more than Just 100 years ago about the internal combustion engine. Technology is crazy. I think it’s pretty cool but obviously not viable for A LOT of people yet. Or.... maybe it’s a dead end. I dunno.

also, all concept vehicles are retardedly futuristic looking. No way that is the final design. If it is lol

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suspect there may very well be a need/market for these trucks. I envision it starting out as fleet trucks in somewhat urban areas. You can have a fleet of 10 with 1-2 of them being on a charger and out of commission with 8-9 available to use. I'm thinking like local delivery fleets for industrial stuff.

One of the things I really do not like about this cybertruck is the angled glass. That shiite sucks to look through, much less as a windshield.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
The price of an electric car battery is astronomical and you will probably be replacing them more than you’d like.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 141
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 77