Here's your chance to be hard

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thread title was supposed to be heard not hard

North Dakota Outdoors: Advisory board meetings

Outdoor enthusiasts have many ways to communicate with Game and Fish personnel, including face-to-face.

Since the 1960s, the Game and Fish Department advisory board has held public meetings across the state in spring and fall to listen to concerns from hunters and anglers and provide information on agency programs.

"There are eight Game and Fish Advisory Districts and each district has a board member appointed to those districts by the governor. And by law, each one of those advisory board members is responsible for holding a meeting in their respective districts twice a year," said Scott Peterson, NDGF deputy director.

At this time of year, the meetings are usually held right after the deer gun season, and spring meetings are typically held in late March and early April. The first hour of the meetings is set aside for public input, followed by Game and Fish presentations.
"
This year we're going to be giving an update on aquatic nuisance species. We're going to be talking about an update on chronic wasting disease in the state of North Dakota. We're going talk about some proposed changes to our fishing proclamation, which is coming up next spring. And we're going to talk about an update on bighorn sheep management in North Dakota, because we have some changes that we want to get out there to the public," said Peterson.

Advisory board meetings are designed to get face-to-face local feedback in each of the eight districts.

"The meetings are set up primarily as a forum for local sportsmen and women to air local issues. Things that that they see out there that they maybe just have a question on why we do things the way we do them. Or maybe there's a local issue that they'd like to propose a change. And the meetings are set up as a forum to talk about those kinds of things, question and answers. They can air any kind of concern related to hunting, fishing, trapping that they want to at those meetings," said Peterson.

Game and Fish has representatives from each division at the meetings to answer any questions that come up.

Dates and locations of upcoming meetings can be found at: gf.nd.gov

Last edited:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Made you look though,.................. didn't it?? ;:;rofl

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't need the GNF. Got a whole bottle of chances for 89 cents a pop.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went to one. ONE. Know what the entire conversation devloved to? Discussion about what the state is going to do about "all them dam yotes."

"We should have a bounty!"

I did chuckle when the one G&F rep got a bit peeved and point blank asked the crowd how many of the landowners crying about coyotes let hunters on to help thin them out.

Absolute. Silence.

Except for me, trying not to laugh out loud.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
giphy (1).gif

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've been to a few over the past many years. Nice idea that the G&F is out and actually listening. The problem isn't the G&F not listening it's that there is rarely an issue discussed that has a consensus of those in attendance at one region meeting, much less all 8 meetings.

They can be fun if you have a little sense of humor of some of the ideas brought up. Kind of like some of the bills that get introduced at legislative sessions. Someone didn't get their was at a region meeting so they find one legislator who will introduce the same idea every two years.

Pretty sure the no-trespassing issue will be discussed. Comments on that issue might be enlightening, or not. I'd like to see more emphasis on a way to enforce when a trespasser is turned in. I don't think most landowners have as much of a problem with actually posting their land as they do when they turn in a violation and nothing is done.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think they need to raise the price of licensing by %50 again. That way the poor people can’t hunt and will give me a better chance at a buck tag. Eye roll

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The few I've been to have been basically bitch sessions between hunters wanting more deer and landowners wanting fewer deer and GNF talking out both sides of their mouth to appease each side.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody see on the news last night the deer carcass on the fence post story???? Couldnt find the article but it was on the 10 clock news in bismarck..... it sounds like a crappy deal but this one doesnt pass the sniff test for me. No hunter in their right mind would do this.... sounds to me like a pissed of neighbor situation or potentially even a set-up to advance an agenda.....

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody see on the news last night the deer carcass on the fence post story???? Couldnt find the article but it was on the 10 clock news in bismarck..... it sounds like a crappy deal but this one doesnt pass the sniff test for me. No hunter in their right mind would do this.... sounds to me like a pissed of neighbor situation or potentially even a set-up to advance an agenda.....

I thought the poster on the fence post was one of the ones used to post school lands. There were cattle in the background. Crappy deal.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would really like do know the details on this one because like I said the whole thing sounds off a bit. The news really took the story and ran with it as “hunters” that did this.... maybe it was but the smear towards hunters already happened via the news story... there was a farmer/ranchers wife they interviewed..... im not saying it was or wasnt and its not a good deal all but it doesnt smell right to me. I an very curious to know the outcome and any other tidbits the news article left out as to the actors involved....

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
The older I get the less I believe what is on the news.

- - - Updated - - -

A this point it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if a landowner did that to smear hunters.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

link to story?

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tried finding it this morning but couldnt find it. It was on the news last night. Maybe someone else a little more tech savvy can dig around and find it. It was a burleigh county farmer/rancher.

- - - Updated - - -

Just looked through KFYR again and cant find it even though Ive run across a bunch of other stories from last night. They wouldnt pull the story would they? I think it was that Jordan vivadoero or whatever her name was that ran the story or maybe that Daniella hurtodo lady

Last edited:

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
I tried finding it this morning but couldnt find it. It was on the news last night. Maybe someone else a little more tech savvy can dig around and find it. It was a burleigh county farmer/rancher.

- - - Updated - - -

Just looked through KFYR again and cant find it even though Ive run across a bunch of other stories from last night. They wouldnt pull the story would they? I think it was that Jordan vivadoero or whatever her name was that ran the story or maybe that Daniella hurtodo lady

How about a Cliff’s note version of the story?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66