Poacher

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
cache.php

well you should

- - - Updated - - -

The things people will do for a deer . ..

- - - Updated - - -

The things people will do for a deer . ..

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve always been attracted to mocking/parroting ridiculous things. Modern media has become so farcical/predictable in their reporting it’s almost impossible not to want to do an impression of their infantile attempt to manipulate the story.

I genuinely hope the poachers hear bars slamming.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has there been any progress reported on finding the dude(s) that shot a buck near Lincoln out of there vehicle and just drove away? The witness had a quite detailed description of the vechicle so I would hope they have been or will be caught. Assholes!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Poacher found and charged near Zealand

WISHEK, N.D. - Wishek Police Department and McIntosh County Sheriff's Department cited a man involved in a deer poaching incident on Sunday.

McIntosh County State's Attorney Mary DePuydt says 30-year-old Jacob James Mattson was identified thanks to the help of social media attention and the public's response to a Wishek P.D. Facebook post.

He is charged with waste of game, aiding in taking big game and license required.

DePuydt says the state has an interest in maintaining a well-supported ecosystem, including large game.

Over hunting species with limited populations, or poaching, can harm a state's biodiversity.

She says to make sure you have proper licenses and are following regulations.

DePuydt says so far this year, 30 people have been cited for hunting violations since the opener. Five of them are specific violations of hunting restrictions, not having correct licenses or not having a license at all.

If you believe you see poaching, DePuydt urges you to report it to Game and Fish Game wardens.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I thought they take away your guns, trucks etc. In these cases. No mention of this just they were cited.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought they take away your guns, trucks etc. In these cases. No mention of this just they were cited.

That's just a big myth, kind of a rural legend. Most get a small fine if that,
or the state fucks the case up and they get off completely.

anyone know what happened to the guy that shot the penned in deer in SD?

Anyone know

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's just a big myth, kind of a rural legend. Most get a small fine if that,
or the state fucks the case up and they get off completely.

anyone know what happened to the guy that shot the penned in deer in SD?

Anyone know

I heard didnt make bail and in jail

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Poacher found and charged near Zealand

WISHEK, N.D. - Wishek Police Department and McIntosh County Sheriff's Department cited a man involved in a deer poaching incident on Sunday.

McIntosh County State's Attorney Mary DePuydt says 30-year-old Jacob James Mattson was identified thanks to the help of social media attention and the public's response to a Wishek P.D. Facebook post.

He is charged with waste of game, aiding in taking big game and license required.

DePuydt says the state has an interest in maintaining a well-supported ecosystem, including large game.

Over hunting species with limited populations, or poaching, can harm a state's biodiversity.

She says to make sure you have proper licenses and are following regulations.

DePuydt says so far this year, 30 people have been cited for hunting violations since the opener. Five of them are specific violations of hunting restrictions, not having correct licenses or not having a license at all.

If you believe you see poaching, DePuydt urges you to report it to Game and Fish Game wardens.

Sounds to me like this guy was driving the get away truck

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
This shitbag is just one of the many, in this area, quite a few of the houses in Zealand are owned by out of state hunters. Blue players, Sconis, Ilinios, Virginia, all over think we owe them something and ignore most rules, laws and common courtesy, tear up section lines and drive in fields. Results things are getting posted up land owners getting pissed, and I can't blame them one damn bit. This area is inundated with water, roads that turn into lakes and mud bogs farmers can't get to fields, equipment stuck, and then this stupid shit,whew sorry for the rant, but really not long overdue

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
This shitbag is just one of the many, in this area, quite a few of the houses in Zealand are owned by out of state hunters. Blue players, Sconis, Ilinios, Virginia, all over think we owe them something and ignore most rules, laws and common courtesy, tear up section lines and drive in fields. Results things are getting posted up land owners getting pissed, and I can't blame them one damn bit. This area is inundated with water, roads that turn into lakes and mud bogs farmers can't get to fields, equipment stuck, and then this stupid shit,whew sorry for the rant, but really not long overdue
Than instead of electing polititians who want more NRs and to create new useless trespass laws which will not help one bit, lobby your elected officials to do something that might actually help and put a cap on NR sales and help alleviate some of the rediculous pressure that leads to the wild west mentality many of them have. Less pressure=More respect for the land and resources=more resources=better opportunity=not a shit show this state has become in regards to almost all aspects of hunting.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
So if the charge is wasting game what did he actually do since he clearly didn't waste the deer in the back of his pickup unless something happened after the photograph was taken.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
They've also got him on a reckless driving and false information with intent to implicate another. Just citations online though. So, not much information to be gleaned from them.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Facebook post yesterday was saying Kansas. A guy was running the plate # for service records and the vehicle description matched up with Kansas. Someone please correct me if I’m spreading rumors and I’ll delete or modify.

My question is does a police department have access to nation-wide license plate databases? It seems like this should’ve been a pretty easy one. Regardless, excellent work to all parties. Hopefully see that pickup and cooler at auction next spring!
yes they have nationwide database

- - - Updated - - -

Than instead of electing polititians who want more NRs and to create new useless trespass laws which will not help one bit, lobby your elected officials to do something that might actually help and put a cap on NR sales and help alleviate some of the rediculous pressure that leads to the wild west mentality many of them have. Less pressure=More respect for the land and resources=more resources=better opportunity=not a shit show this state has become in regards to almost all aspects of hunting.
since corporations can't own land why not make it non residents can't own homes here

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 138
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77