Tough Wild Game (Not the eating part...)

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw this on bookface...Man these things are tough! I guess it got shot by an archer earlier in the year and was still living it's best life!

My father-in-law shot an antelope that has a broadhead embedded in its skull right between the horns. Sucker had been living for a few years with it there! I'll see if I can get him to send me a picture of it.

FB_IMG_1574690961494.jpg

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
My friend's dad worked for the NC version of the Game and Fish. At one point quite a few years ago they were doing some studies on deer where they needed specific organs. So they decided to let people bring them whole deer and they would field dress the deer for you in order to obtain what they wanted. He said he'd dressed an awful lot of deer and on one doe, he reached up in the cavity to pull out the intestines only to yell out in pain and pull back a severely cut thumb. On further inspection they discovered a broadhead that had healed in place firmly up in the chest cavity. So yeah, stories like this no longer surprise me.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Got a buck that had about 3" of his bottom jaw and part of his tongue shot off. Every thing was scabbed over and he had food in his belly.

dwos03

Founding Member
Founding Member
My friend's dad worked for the NC version of the Game and Fish. At one point quite a few years ago they were doing some studies on deer where they needed specific organs. So they decided to let people bring them whole deer and they would field dress the deer for you in order to obtain what they wanted. He said he'd dressed an awful lot of deer and on one doe, he reached up in the cavity to pull out the intestines only to yell out in pain and pull back a severely cut thumb. On further inspection they discovered a broadhead that had healed in place firmly up in the chest cavity. So yeah, stories like this no longer surprise me.
A buddy of mine had this exact same thing happen a few years ago. Half of an arrow with the broadhead(fixed blade mind you) inside the chest cavity with what looked like a bunch of scar tissue around it. He cut the hell out of his hand!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 104
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66