Sioux/Gophers tonight at 7pm.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I support them in wins and lost because they represent this state.
I enjoy sitting with others to watch them play. UND hockey and NDSU football has done this state well over the years as has other teams.
Go Bison and go Souix. Go all teams from North Dakota db

NDSU may not play with the big boys but it is what it is and so it is with UND.

Attachments

DSC00009.jpg
Last edited:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Miami up 2-1 after first period on 2 PP goals. UND is on PP when second period starts.

Stats after 1:

Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 4.53.37 PM.jpg

UND ties it at 2-2 20 seconds into second period on a Shane Pinto PP goal.

3-2 Miami after 2 with a third Miami PP goal. UND is taking too many penalties.

UND wins 5-3 on a winning goal with a minute to go and closing the door with a empty net goal a few seconds later.

Game stats:

Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 6.27.49 PM.jpg

Last edited:

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
NDSU has no where to go, they need a conference invite and if you haven't noticed there are no FBS conferences in the region. They'll be just fine having to beat up on UND every year.

College hockey is right there with womens volleyball as far as big time college sports.....probably right behind them.

Might want to take another look there big shooter. It was an undie fan opening his big mouth and sticking his club foot in it.
Well to be fair Guy started it although I don’t think that was his intention. Your right NDSU fans are not butt hurt at all. They are too busy pissing on sidewalks. Tell Jonathan Toews and TJ Oshie that college hockey is behind college volleyball. I’d be curious to see how much UND professional players are making compared to NDSU’s. Minus Wentz and it might not even be close.

If you are older than 20 years old you might remember the day that NDSU was not top in the country let alone the state. I can’t wait to see those days again!

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
UND PLAYERS ON 2019-20 NHL OPENING NIGHT ROSTERS
(Years at UND in parentheses)
F Brock Boeser (2015-17), Vancouver Canucks
F Drake Caggiula (2012-16), Chicago Blackhawks
G Aaron Dell (2009-12), San Jose Sharks
D *Derek Forbort (2010-13), Los Angeles Kings
F Rocco Grimaldi (2011-14), Nashville Predators
F Tyson Jost (2016-17), Colorado Avalanche
F Brock Nelson (2010-12), New York Islanders
F T.J. Oshie (2005-08), Washington Capitals
F Zach Parise (2002-04), Minnesota Wild
D Tucker Poolman (2014-17), Winnipeg Jets
F Carter Rowney (2009-13), Anaheim Ducks
F Nick Schmaltz (2014-16), Arizona Coyotes
D Troy Stecher (2013-16), Vancouver Canucks
F Jonathan Toews (2005-07), Chicago Blackhawks
D *Christian Wolanin (2015-18), Ottawa Senators
F Travis Zajac (2004-06), New Jersey Devils

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well to be fair Guy started it although I don’t think that was his intention. Your right NDSU fans are not butt hurt at all. They are too busy pissing on sidewalks. Tell Jonathan Toews and TJ Oshie that college hockey is behind college volleyball. I’d be curious to see how much UND professional players are making compared to NDSU’s. Minus Wentz and it might not even be close.

If you are older than 20 years old you might remember the day that NDSU was not top in the country let alone the state. I can’t wait to see those days again!
Well to be fair UND hockey players are pissing in elevators and getting frostbite by losing their shoes in snowbanks so they got that going for them. I'm well over 20 so yes I remember down years but you're going to be waiting awhile to see those days again. Meanwhile enjoy all those big time hockey wins over Rennselaer Polytechnic Institute and Rochester Institute of Technology while you wait.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well to be fair UND hockey players are pissing in elevators and getting frostbite by losing their shoes in snowbanks so they got that going for them. I'm well over 20 so yes I remember down years but you're going to be waiting awhile to see those days again. Meanwhile enjoy all those big time hockey wins over Rennselaer Polytechnic Institute and Rochester Institute of Technology while you wait.

Dude I’m not the one bragging about 2.6 million viewership ratings. Neither FCS football or College hockey is “Big Time” and there is no other way to compare the two completely opposite sports. So while we are at it when are we going to start comparing Bismarck high school hockey to Fargo high school football?

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member

You’ll be waiting a while . Ndsu has 16 nattys in fb und has 1 . Hehehe

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member

Sorry, no RPI or RIT games on this years schedule ... just the next two games with UM Duluth that won the last 2 National Championships and 2 more games with Denver U (I'll be there for these!) that won the National Championship after UND won theirs, plus UND has already played DU 1 series this season with a win and a tie.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry, no RPI or RIT games on this years schedule ... just the next two games with UM Duluth that won the last 2 National Championships and 2 more games with Denver U (I'll be there for these!) that won the National Championship after UND won theirs, plus UND has already played DU 1 series this season with a win and a tie.
And there is it is ! So Umd and Denver are the big boys now !? What a fn laughing stock haha haha

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are 32 teams in the NFL and each team can carry 53 players on their active roster. 32 x 53 = 1,696 active players at any time in the NFL.

There are 31 teams in the NHL and each team can carry 23 players on their active roster. 31 x 23 = 713 active players at any time in the NHL.

NDSU had 6 players on active NFL rosters at the start of the 2019/2020 season. 6 out of 1,696 or .35%, just over one third of 1%.

UND had 16 player on active NHL rosters at the start of the 2019/2020 season. 16 out of 713 or 2.24% or 7 times more players in the pros than NDSU. And this with only 41% of NHL players have played college hockey so UND supplies 16 of the 292 college players in the NHL this season. This is 5.5% of the NHL players coming from college this season.

I think that UND’s hockey program supplies way more hockey players to the pros than NDSU’s football program does.

ps: Maybe it's time for NDSU to step up their game and move into the big times and ask to get into the FBS.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
ever wonder how much of your tax dollars goes toward the education of athletes to provide entertainment?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does any one know why the Bison football games are televised locally and free to watch but we have to pay to watch UND Hockey on tv ?

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Does any one know why the Bison football games are televised locally and free to watch but we have to pay to watch UND Hockey on tv ?

because when it boils down to it hockey in general doesn’t move the needle compared to football. If it made the networks money via advertising they’d for sure be aired on major networks

- - - Updated - - -

Actually that’s not even a fair comparison. Hockey doesn’t move the needle over any of the other crap that network tv puts out. It’s all about money and views.

i don’t mind hockey either. I enjoy watching the Sioux when I can. I enjoy watching bison football too occasionally. Money talks, it’s not rocket science

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yea, but they are all from Canada but white. db

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
And there is it is ! So Umd and Denver are the big boys now !? What a fn laughing stock haha haha
And SDSU and Northern Iowa are the big boys of college football? Let’s face it there is nothing big time about UND or NDSU. NDSU isn’t taken seriously outside of the state other than a select few. Now if the Bison can pull off another big win at Oregon next year that will be huge for their FBS prospects.

feather_duster

Founding Member
Founding Member
because when it boils down to it hockey in general doesn’t move the needle compared to football. If it made the networks money via advertising they’d for sure be aired on major networks

- - - Updated - - -

Actually that’s not even a fair comparison. Hockey doesn’t move the needle over any of the other crap that network tv puts out. It’s all about money and views.

i don’t mind hockey either. I enjoy watching the Sioux when I can. I enjoy watching bison football too occasionally. Money talks, it’s not rocket science

Dumbest thing you'll read on the internet today.....unless Titans pull the upset on the Chiefs.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75