Sioux/Gophers tonight at 7pm.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unusual game on Thanksgiving night. Fox Sports North with the broadcast. Lets go Sioux. Game tomorrow night as well.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Per Scholossman, the game isn't even close to being sold out. If you are in the area head on over, should be more green then gold.

Sioux are ranked #3 vs unranked Gophers...You'd think their pathetic fans would at least make an effort to show up, but I guess it's not surprising. #stateofhockey

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unusual game on Thanksgiving night. Fox Sports North with the broadcast. Lets go Sioux. Game tomorrow night as well.

The reason the hockey games are Thurs/Fri is Minn (#1 Big 10 west) is playing Wisconsin (#2) in football on Sat in MSP for the Paul Bunyan Axe trophy. Big rivalry.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
The reason the hockey games are Thurs/Fri is Minn (#1 Big 10 west) is playing Wisconsin (#2) in football on Sat in MSP for the Paul Bunyan Axe trophy. Big rivalry.

HMMM Gophers or Badgers?? :bigpuke::bigpuke:

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
7-3 UND; shots on goal 31-14 after just two periods.

Sioux finish off the Gooooophers 9-3. Quick game. over at 9:11. 4 guys in the running for a hat trick with 6:00 left in the game but not to be. 36-21 SOG. 8 penalties; both teams 1/4 in power plays. Mismash goal and 3 assists.

Last edited:

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
That was a full can of whoop ass!! Rodents looked awful!!!! will see if they have any type of pushback tommorow?

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't imagine the Gophers will fail that miserably twice in a row, so I hope the Sioux don't let up. Would suck to split the series after such an opening-night trouncing.

Also, Gopher fandome is gone. They are a glimmer of what was once an honorable opponent/fan base. It's pretty pathetic now. I kind of feel bad for them.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Period 1 was pretty equal but UND played better in the second. 3-1 UND after 2 periods.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn't surprise me. We went to the Hall of Fame Game in Vegas in Oct '18 and I'm sure there were over 7000 UND fans and less than 500 UM fans.

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn't surprise me. We went to the Hall of Fame Game in Vegas in Oct '18 and I'm sure there were over 7000 UND fans and less than 500 UM fans.

That is really not a fair representation since UND only sold 500 tickets to Minnesota most of the UND season ticket holders bought all the tickets before they were offered to the public

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is really not a fair representation since UND only sold 500 tickets to Minnesota most of the UND season ticket holders bought all the tickets before they were offered to the public

Was not aware of that but I will ask. It might take some time tho. Hard to imagine why a team would agree to play in a special game like that when their fans were not allowed to buy tickets.

Did that happen this year too when they announced the Hall of Fame game with Penn State in Nashville for next October?

Last edited:

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was not aware of that but I will ask. It might take some time tho. Hard to imagine why a team would agree to play in a special game like that when their fans were not allowed to buy tickets.

Did that happen this year too when they announced the Hall of Fame game with Penn State in Nashville for next October?
k,

The Hall of Fame game is put on by UND that is what the Vegas game was. Season ticket holders get first shot at the tickets then what was left is opened to the public. They did allow 500 tickets to go to the goofs.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
This weekend likely destroyed the Gophers recruiting for the foreseeable future. They will always have local kids that want to play for the gophers, but I bet the bulk of them wanting to develop will look elsewhere. Their program is in shambles.

The NCHC is getting pretty attractive with the number of NCHC kids now in the NHL in addition to owning the last 4 national titles.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
This weekend likely destroyed the Gophers recruiting for the foreseeable future. They will always have local kids that want to play for the gophers, but I bet the bulk of them wanting to develop will look elsewhere. Their program is in shambles.

The NCHC is getting pretty attractive with the number of NCHC kids now in the NHL in addition to owning the last 4 national titles.

I think the Big Ten took care of most of that. Kinda feel bad for them as they didn't want to leave the WCHA but were forced to. I don't follow hockey much anymore but it is startling to see how much the fan base has left the gophers. Did they have 1000 fans of their own at Thursday's game?

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the Big Ten took care of most of that. Kinda feel bad for them as they didn't want to leave the WCHA but were forced to. I don't follow hockey much anymore but it is startling to see how much the fan base has left the gophers. Did they have 1000 fans of their own at Thursday's game?

Considering they currently have 13 drafted players on their roster I'll have to disagree that the NCHC has impacted them. UND currently has 10. I think you will see the gophers numbers start going in the wrong direction. Their team is loaded with talent, Motzko is a great coach they are just a bunch of spoiled little brat cake-eaters. They don't have the blue-collar edge you need to win in hockey.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75