It's getting slick out there. Watch yourselves.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just came back from getting the last few items before the weather hits and saw 2 cars and a truck in the ditch on the on ramp in Valley City. It's VERY slick out here. If you don't have to travel, please don't. Be Safe Out There!!!!

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Gravel roads are just as icy as the pavement, if wind comes up and there is going be some power outages

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have had a freezing mist that started yesterday around 4 or 5. Then a light rain started around 7 last night.
There has been a light mist falling most of today. Glad no one in the ambulance was hurt.

Williston ambulance slides into water south of Minot, no one hurt

ambulance+into+water+web+pic.jpg

WARD COUNTY, N.D. – A paramedic crew transporting a patient from Williston to Bismarck hit black ice on Highway 83, roughly 20 miles south of Minot, and slid into a watery slough early Friday morning, according to the Ward County Sheriff.
Sheriff Bob Roed tells Your News Leader the crew was headed south on Highway 83 near mile marker 178 around 1 a.m., when they crashed through ice into a slough.
The ambulance became partially submerged, and paramedics busted the side windows of the ambulance to get themselves and the patient out.
Roed said the patient and the two paramedics were not hurt, other than getting cold and wet.
He said road conditions were slippery at the time of the accident.
New Town and Max ambulance crews responded to the scene and transported the patient the rest of the way to Bismarck.

Last edited:

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just got back from having a bump with a buddy near epping. Slick as hell. If'n I wouldn't have had a Ram, I don't think I would have made it.

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
Just got back from having a bump with a buddy near epping. Slick as hell. If'n I wouldn't have had a Ram, I don't think I would have made it.

With a Ford, you wouldn’t have to think. You’d have known you would make it.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man, people heed the warning, around town travel is fine having the right vehicle , but for cyring out loud, do what KDM just said, stay the hell home and off the highway.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just came back from getting the last few items before the weather hits and saw 2 cars and a truck in the ditch on the on ramp in Valley City. It's VERY slick out here. If you don't have to travel, please don't. Be Safe Out There!!!!

I was gonna bring you some caramel rolls in the morning as a "thanks." Might have to be Sunday.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was gonna bring you some caramel rolls in the morning as a "thanks." Might have to be Sunday.

Hey Thanks!! Yep, waiting a couple days sounds like the better part of valor here. I can hardly walk on the deck. I can only imagine what the roads are like. Stay home and stay safe. We'll catch up later, when this garbage is over. Thanks again!!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just drove the wife to work at PKC from Yates. Snowing hard, but visibility isn't that bad. Not too icy underneath. I'm guessing we have 4-5 inches of snow that started about midnight.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Snowing down here nothing crazy. Glad we missed out on freezing mist. I would rather have just snow vs that shit with snow on top

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ground is white where grass was short with a little freezing mist. Will have to see what comes next. Good day to cut up deer.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
29 degrees here, still have a light to moderate mist coming down. Have an 1\8 to 1/4 inch buildup of ice on the power lines and trees and the wind is starting to pick up, 15 mph gusting to 25.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ground is white where grass was short with a little freezing mist. Will have to see what comes next. Good day to cut up deer.

Or chase the wife around the house. Sometimes she lets me catch her too!��

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79