Buying a new gun..Dilemma

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

I had to flee whore island in fear for my life. a bunch of crazies with inline muzzle loaders were taking over and I feared I would be shot. Now I am a refugee in Burleigh county waiting to get my free stuff and a job at Walmart

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's part of the Muzzy experience. But if you are shooting an inline it is more like a single shot rifle than a traditional muzzle loader anyway. Muzzy tags in ND were every couple of years until the inline craze and additional doe tags brought which in my opinion has ruined the season in ND. I wish they would eliminate the inlines with primers and only allow percussion caps and get back to the original
intent of the muzzle loader season.

I'm not a muzzleloader hunter, but I've got one and I'll use it because the tag kicks ass. It hit me today what I did. Talking to a buddy and he mentioned Pyrodex. The lights dinged. I verified my zero using Buckhorn 209. When the season arrived I filled all of those quick fill test tubes with Pyrodex. They are marked for Buckhorn. We'll see what tomorrow brings. I'm sure no confidence in the whole setup is gonna help a lot. Ha. I've thought about taping my bow sight to the stupid muzzleloader.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
it took everything in my power not to hold over 10 feet and let it rip

just dust the old 6.5 manbun off and do it that way.. ballistics wise really not much difference is there?:cool:

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got one of those 1x scopes on my muzzy. More like .75x Do the red dot scopes work better? The 1x makes the branches covering a deer harder to see.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The 1X scope helps us old duffers see some sort of sight picture. Tried all sorts of fiber-optic and all I would get was a blurr. I just don't like seeing the end of the barrel, its just not right. Been 10 years sence the last tag, might need to get new powder if I get a tag sometime before I quit.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got one of those 1x scopes on my muzzy. More like .75x Do the red dot scopes work better?

The "smaller" red-dot "dots" are 3MOA, covering a 3" circle on the deer @ 100yds, and they're battery powered, and it's cold during ND/MN ML season. I have avoided red-dot's on the ML so as to save myself the aggravation inherent to battery powered things and cold weather.

Probably works well for other folks but it seems that "Murphy the Lawmaker" is privy to my whereabouts all too often.

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
we cant use scopes so it is 100 yards at the best and doe tags are unlimited if you want one. Muzzle loader is a meh for me

If you look real hard you'll find we can use a 1x in SD as well. The regulations give the impression a scope can't be used but in actuality it just can't magnify. I like the 1x for its ability to make things look smaller than they are.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ballistics a fun iffn your " into them".
That being said, 99% of those hunting will kill just as many deer with a .243/270/30-06 as a " custom built" anything:cool:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you look real hard you'll find we can use a 1x in SD as well. The regulations give the impression a scope can't be used but in actuality it just can't magnify. I like the 1x for its ability to make things look smaller than they are.

I should have added that he has a 1x on there it’s wierd seeing the bbl looking through it. Saturday looks a bit chilly but can’t kill them from the couch

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75