Shock Absorbing Boat Seats

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The height adjustment was not set either I bauer's review. I would blame it on the boat operator!

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The height adjustment was not set either I bauer's review. I would blame it on the boat operator!

Good point and I know I this was brought up earlier but with the SMs you do have the ability to set the height adjustment separate from the tension. I think the only Air Shock setup that has height adjustment is the Shoxs system however you could almost buy 4 SMs for the price of one of those.

drivenmarine.net

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think you have that backwards, I can crank my smoothmoves from 0 to full tension in 30 seconds. No digging out and air pump, hooking it up, adjusting pressure, and then putting the pump away. Instead, slide the seat back, crank the handle and slide the seat back forward. After you’ve used them a little, I can get them pretty close knowing the size of person that’s sitting in them and then that person can crank it up a notch or down a notch for their preference as the day goes and weather changes. Number one thing I see people do with smoothmoves is they late them to soft.
Most people do run them too soft and they do kind of zing you out if they are set this way. I'll agree with SLE, it doesn't take too long to adjust them. They weigh around 40-45# each if I remember correctly. That was a printed shipping weight from UPS, or whoever the freight carrier was at the time. That and the bulk of them is the only down side I see personally. It is nice that there are many options out there right now. I saw YarCraft has a new base on their windshield boats, but cannot remember what it is.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy crap, two new one's and it will add 100 lbs! With my fat azz my sparkly boat won't go fast enough. :mad:

Madbigdog2003

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpegWave pro
smooth move are big and bulky. Wave pro is basically a high end fox shock.
if you look closely at a smooth move it’s basically the same seat suspension that’s in my JD tractor.

Where can you buy these for that price??

fishhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I sure like my wavepro’s and don’t do much for air adjusting between the wife and others in same seat but I usually fish with a little feller whom is used to smooth moves. ��

Aucker33

Established Member
I have been doing some research and I'm undecided between the air waves and smooth moves . I've read that the air waves are better for bigger guys but the price tag is bigger as well. Can anyone give insight on either of these pedestals?

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have found that over the years the throttle control ones work the best. I think they may be called back off ??? :boating: ;)

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Been very happy with the wave pro pedestals. On second season now. Usual fishing partners are over 100 lb difference in weight and it works well for both of them without adjustment.

It wasn't the big waves that made me bite the bullet. It was 3 days of light chop that accumulated into a very sore back.

eliminator

Honored Member
I have had the smooth moves for a couple years or so also and I am very happy with them also. They also easily adjust for different weight people. I usually don't have to adjust them at all and they seem to work for most people.

Aucker33

Established Member
I saw above that the smooth moves weigh about 40 pounds a piece. Is that accurate. The website doesn't say (unless I missed it). Airwaves only adding 10 pounds a piece may be the way to go. Price tag reflects as well.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75