Shock Absorbing Boat Seats

Aquaholic

Founding Member
Founding Member
After reading this thread. Ill ask my rich in laws for Wave Pro for X-mas. My back now hurts thinking of fishing league. Banging back to Dakota waters from the hook. I couldn't look at my boat for 2 days. And I road the waves, not jumped um ;) They sound great. Shouldn't bitch when your having fun.....

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
After reading this thread. Ill ask my rich in laws for Wave Pro for X-mas. My back now hurts thinking of fishing league. Banging back to Dakota waters from the hook. I couldn't look at my boat for 2 days. And I road the waves, not jumped um ;) They sound great. Shouldn't bitch when your having fun.....
Ask your rich in-laws if they want to adopt another son. Asking for a friend

ranger150

★ Legendary Member

If you have a better half, ask for two of them. If you don't, better half will be driving the boat. Don't ask Me how I know!

grizzly

Established Member
took out smooth moves last fall and put in wave pro"s in my skeeter and they are sweet. wife was very happy with them also, trying to sell smooth moves but no luck, wonder why? LOL

3tt3v

Founding Member
Founding Member
took out smooth moves last fall and put in wave pro"s in my skeeter and they are sweet. wife was very happy with them also, trying to sell smooth moves but no luck, wonder why? LOL
Where are they advertised. Advertise them on bis man or this site and they will be gone. Unless you’re asking too much.

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would think you should be able to get $900 for them, regular ones or air ride?

3tt3v

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've seen then advertised from 300 to 450 a piece on different boating sites. Just depends on how bad you want them laying around. I'm thinking they are the regular ones and not the air model. I paid 500 each for mine at scheels on sale. I'd say start at 800 or 850 and theyd be gone. I have someone that is in the market so i'll talk to them for you.

3tt3v

Founding Member
Founding Member
They should be worth 900 to 1000 if in good shape. I'm waiting to hear back. I'll pm you when i do.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
What’s the cheapest suspension seat available that’s a true boat seat suspension unit

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am in the market for one, maybe 2 air shock seats. If they weren't so much $$ I'd have them, so keep discussing this product. I want to know as much as possible before I spend big $$.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Smooth Move Ultra - $600/ea
Smooth Move Air - $700/ea
Wavepro - $750/ea
Airwave -$900/ea
Shoxs X8 - $1,250/ea
Shoxs X8 w/ hieght adjustment - $1,700/ea

These are actual list prices, you might find a slight variation if you search around. I looked at this when I had my boat rigged last spring, I assume the prices haven't changed much since then.

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
First trip on smooth moves for me, albiet the originals, was a "no friggin way" experience for me. Sitting on the back side of the front third of a tiller, at 300#, there is no amount of adjustment to make these safe for me. When the waves get too big, I actually fly up in the air, having to cling to the bottom of the seat to keep from being thrown about.

That being said, I fully realize I am maxing that seat out, so I understand that there is no adjustment left. However, here are my more legitiment complaints:

- adjustment time, my partners wife is considerably lighter than me, when he goes from fishing with her, to fishing with me, it is at least 5 minutes worth of time to crank and crank and crank and crank on the lever to set the adjustment. Sping tension on the seat makes cranking the lever quite difficult, remembering to put a little pressure on the seat helps a lot!
- weight, 2 of these run about 140#, weight I couldnt afford to sacrifice in my 186gl I had at the time.

Realizing these, when I purchased my own, I went with the wavepro's.

Pros:
- Small, sleek, 7# each
- takes about 1-2mins to adjust with the provided air pump, provided you even need to use it
- air pressures to weight ratio is stamped right on the tube as a starting point. NO guessing where you need to be.
- able to go low pressure compared to weight and it still functions without becoming dangerous, I am supposed to run 40psi for full functionality, I run about 20 or so to allow me to sit lower behind the windshield. I still do not bottom out and I enjoy all aspects of the absorber.

Cons:
- The swivel lock function doesnt work without a $100+ add on, I do not have them for my windshield boat, but I see them as almost necessary for a tiller.
- Loosing the air pump in the bottomless pit AKA the glovebox, but I literally only used it twice this season, once to set it and once to make a change for my wife.

I have heard great things about the airwaves as well, the scissor feature scared me a bit for rod handles bouncing their way in and getting crushed, but that is only theory, not tested, and worrying too much.

Again, my only smooth move experience is on the original Gen1 model.
Hope this helps a bit.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
First trip on smooth moves for me, albiet the originals, was a "no friggin way" experience for me. Sitting on the back side of the front third of a tiller, at 300#, there is no amount of adjustment to make these safe for me. When the waves get too big, I actually fly up in the air, having to cling to the bottom of the seat to keep from being thrown about.

That being said, I fully realize I am maxing that seat out, so I understand that there is no adjustment left. However, here are my more legitiment complaints:

- adjustment time, my partners wife is considerably lighter than me, when he goes from fishing with her, to fishing with me, it is at least 5 minutes worth of time to crank and crank and crank and crank on the lever to set the adjustment. Sping tension on the seat makes cranking the lever quite difficult, remembering to put a little pressure on the seat helps a lot!
- weight, 2 of these run about 140#, weight I couldnt afford to sacrifice in my 186gl I had at the time.

Realizing these, when I purchased my own, I went with the wavepro's.

Pros:
- Small, sleek, 7# each
- takes about 1-2mins to adjust with the provided air pump, provided you even need to use it
- air pressures to weight ratio is stamped right on the tube as a starting point. NO guessing where you need to be.
- able to go low pressure compared to weight and it still functions without becoming dangerous, I am supposed to run 40psi for full functionality, I run about 20 or so to allow me to sit lower behind the windshield. I still do not bottom out and I enjoy all aspects of the absorber.

Cons:
- The swivel lock function doesnt work without a $100+ add on, I do not have them for my windshield boat, but I see them as almost necessary for a tiller.
- Loosing the air pump in the bottomless pit AKA the glovebox, but I literally only used it twice this season, once to set it and once to make a change for my wife.

I have heard great things about the airwaves as well, the scissor feature scared me a bit for rod handles bouncing their way in and getting crushed, but that is only theory, not tested, and worrying too much.

Again, my only smooth move experience is on the original Gen1 model.
Hope this helps a bit.

��

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm pinching pennies for a pair of wavepros. I've sat in them in all and enjoy the clean layout of the wavepros.

Riverbottoms

★★★★ Legendary Member
Well said [MENTION=775]Bauer[/MENTION], I run a tiller boat and have no need for a swivel stop on my wavepro, but to each there own.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member

adjustment time, my partners wife is considerably lighter than me, when he goes from fishing with her, to fishing with me, it is at least 5 minutes worth of time to crank and crank and crank and crank on the lever to set the adjustment. Sping tension on the seat makes cranking the lever quite difficult, remembering to put a little pressure on the seat helps a lot!

I think you have that backwards, I can crank my smoothmoves from 0 to full tension in 30 seconds. No digging out and air pump, hooking it up, adjusting pressure, and then putting the pump away. Instead, slide the seat back, crank the handle and slide the seat back forward. After you’ve used them a little, I can get them pretty close knowing the size of person that’s sitting in them and then that person can crank it up a notch or down a notch for their preference as the day goes and weather changes. Number one thing I see people do with smoothmoves is they late them to soft.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74