Shock Absorbing Boat Seats

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heard of Smooth Moves. Anyone have experience with another brand that works as well or simply another alternative? Boat this/these would go in fishes Sakakawea/Oahe most often.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
4980FFB6-F0C3-4E9E-9C0A-794EAB7DB065.jpgWave pro
smooth move are big and bulky. Wave pro is basically a high end fox shock.
if you look closely at a smooth move it’s basically the same seat suspension that’s in my JD tractor.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have wave pro bases and like them allot, simple and they work.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know I’m going to get kicked in the knees and drug through the mud and called an idiot for saying this on this site, but why don’t you just save the money and stay with the factory air seat. My seat in my warrior is 11 years old and still works fine. The thing you need to remember is if the ride is rough for you , it’s also rough for your boat. Why beat the shit out of everything in your boat? I’ve rode in both brands of seats and yes they are nice and smooth, but by the. Time we got to where we were fishing, screws were laying on the floor and shit was scattered everywhere. Not what I want to deal with. I’ll just slow down and make my ride smoother.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Smoothmove will be cheapest option, they work decent but are bulky and very heavy, they are the easiest to adjust and with the turn of a handle/knob you can adjust for height and weight. Wavepro, Airwave, & Shoxs all use some form of air cushioning. I’ve been told told each is a step up from the old style smoothmoves. They’re all smaller and lighter however more expensive. I think the Shoxs are more than double the cost of smoothmoves. You also have to dig out an air pump to adjust for weight and if I’m not mistaken, they are not height adjustable. Food for thought on some of the pros and cons.

- - - Updated - - -

Smoothmove also makes an air option but I know nothing about them.

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I understand what you are saying, however seat will be for an individual who does drive his boat very carefully (never beats the crap out of his rig) but is aging and has some low back pain at times. Just thinking about trying to make his trips as comfortable as possible.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Forgot to add to my post, any suspension type seat 10x better than none at all. Having a suspension seat and driving your boat responsibly has nothing to do with each other. I’ve seen people beat the shit of boats with and without suspension seats, lol.

ranger150

★ Legendary Member
I hated the Smoothmove, returned them. Love the Wavepro 2.0. Wavepro is kinda hard on the wallet, good on the back.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting thread, I thought. I'm old-ish, maybe my back would appreciate 1 of these, I thought. I got money, I thought. Went to website, $750 for a fricken pedestal! Guess I don't need one that bad.

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got titanium rods in my lower back and fish Sak..allot. I'll gladly spend money for a more comfortable ride.
You know on rough days I used to always find screws and nuts on the floor of my skeeters with factory air ride pedestals. Had a ranger the last 4 with wave pros and dont ever recall finding "parts" on the floor.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got titanium rods in my lower back and fish Sak..allot. I'll gladly spend money for a more comfortable ride.

That makes total sense.....for me it would just be so my Mt Dew wouldn't spill while spot hopping. Probably not worth it. :)

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
I fish Sak exclusively and have smooth moves for both myself and my wife , we love them . I make sure and lubricate where the pedestal sets on the floor attachment every spring .

3tt3v

Founding Member
Founding Member
2 smooth moves in a 619 ranger. No screws loose. Well maybe me once in a while. Love them tho. Back surgery in 2013. Wouldn’t be without

Riverbottoms

★★★★ Legendary Member
Wave pro 2.0 for my boat. Money well spent and I’m only 36 years old. Don’t really wanna screw up my back this young.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
The 2nd generation Smoothe Moves with the air bladder are a different animal than their 1st generation. No more rebound that dang near launches you out of the boat. I have been in boats with Airwaves and Wave Pros and will take the Smoothe Moves over both all day every day.

Riverbottoms

★★★★ Legendary Member
I rode in a yarcraft 209 with the smooth moves in them( first gen I think). Biggest piece of shit in my opinion, made the decision of never owning a smooth move ever.

drivenmarine.net

Founding Member
Founding Member
My boat, and pretty much everyone I fish with runs Smooth Moves Ultras. I like them. They are in fact heavy and bulky, which is the only down side I see. Some people say they have a "launching effect", but once adjusted properly for the weight of the passenger, this is not an issue. I sold several sets when I was in business. They aren't cheap, and you don't see a ton of used ones for sale, so I must assume people like them. I know I wouldn't be without them. I have not tried any of the other brands, but do not like the idea of having to use an air pump to adjust them. I also didn't like the way some of the other locked the swivel. With the SMs, you can adjust on the fly if needed.

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You can make a lot of trips to the chiropractor for $750.
Interesting thread, I thought. I'm old-ish, maybe my back would appreciate 1 of these, I thought. I got money, I thought. Went to website, $750 for a fricken pedestal! Guess I don't need one that bad.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 164
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76