Shame on you hunters

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not for me. Obi just struck me as a Hamms drinker.

Hamms is one the most underrated beers you can get. And i don't say that because it's cheap, because I'm not cheap.
Delicious stuff!

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
264.jpg
Here is how everyone voted.

I just want everyone to make sure they see this and check out how your reps voted. Do you feel they represented your districts majority? I live in District 4. The Representatives and Senator from District 4 voted in favor of SB 2315. All land considered closed. I for one, contacted my representation regarding the issue and was disappointed at the conversation back to me. My Senator took the time to email me back and give me a statement supporting the bill. The reps didn't even acknowledge my emails. I honestly think one of the guys isn't computer savvy enough to email back. I will be doing my part in letting the voters in District 4 know that these elected officials voted in favor of an all out No Trespass Bill. I need everyone who lives and votes in District 4, to spread the word on who voted for what. Please help me do our part in letting the voters know what's going on with this bill that most certainly will be brought up again and again. I firmly believe that if most of the voters are made aware of this bill and who voted for or against it, they can make an informed decision on how they feel about it and vote accordingly. I have also done some research and it looks like the Senator and Representatives from District 4 are up for re-election this year.
Fellow Sportsmen from District 4 and North Dakota , Let your voices be heard on this issue or forever hold your peace. I believe it is critical that the voters are aware of what is being perpetrated on our hunting heritage.
District 4:
Representative Clayton Fegley
Berthold
Representative Terry Jones
Newtown
Senator Jordan Kannianen
Stanley

Fish On!!

hoythunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I talked to Fegley, he said it wouldn't matter how many phone calls he got against 2315, nothing could possibly sway his yes vote. Thats wrong. I want someone representing me in Bismarck that votes for their constituents, not their personal opinion, regardless of the issue. I also talked back and fourth with Kannianen, I will not be voting for him again.

feather_duster

Founding Member
Founding Member
I talked to Fegley, he said it wouldn't matter how many phone calls he got against 2315, nothing could possibly sway his yes vote. Thats wrong. I want someone representing me in Bismarck that votes for their constituents, not their personal opinion, regardless of the issue. I also talked back and fourth with Kannianen, I will not be voting for him again.

I would say quite a few had their own agenda on that bill and could have cared less what the people in their districts thought.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've hesitated posting this cause my identity isn't exactly a secret where i come from. But, my locals all voted in favor of the bill despite my emails. They will not get my vote nect time. Call me a one issue voter. But, at this point, i have decided to take a stand and don't care. And i will push everyone i know to do the same despite my personal relationships with a few i will vote against. Shit. I might even run against them. Sorry dave!

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just want everyone to make sure they see this and check out how your reps voted. Do you feel they represented your districts majority? I live in District 4. The Representatives and Senator from District 4 voted in favor of SB 2315. All land considered closed. I for one, contacted my representation regarding the issue and was disappointed at the conversation back to me. My Senator took the time to email me back and give me a statement supporting the bill. The reps didn't even acknowledge my emails. I honestly think one of the guys isn't computer savvy enough to email back. I will be doing my part in letting the voters in District 4 know that these elected officials voted in favor of an all out No Trespass Bill. I need everyone who lives and votes in District 4, to spread the word on who voted for what. Please help me do our part in letting the voters know what's going on with this bill that most certainly will be brought up again and again. I firmly believe that if most of the voters are made aware of this bill and who voted for or against it, they can make an informed decision on how they feel about it and vote accordingly. I have also done some research and it looks like the Senator and Representatives from District 4 are up for re-election this year.
Fellow Sportsmen from District 4 and North Dakota , Let your voices be heard on this issue or forever hold your peace. I believe it is critical that the voters are aware of what is being perpetrated on our hunting heritage.
District 4:
Representative Clayton Fegley
Berthold
Representative Terry Jones
Newtown
Senator Jordan Kannianen
Stanley

Fish On!!

SB 2315 was about reversing the presumption that everyone's private property is open to trespass, unless the owner posts it with signs.

I went to a spa the other day where they have one of those fish tanks and the little fish eat the dead skin off of your feet. The owner comes in and starts hollering, sir get out of the fish tank and put your clothes back on. He proceeds to lecture me. I said look, if you don't want people exfoliating their bodies in the fish tank, then put up a goddamn sign. (joking)

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s cute that some of you still think politicians care what their constituents think instead of about their own interests and what lines their pockets. I’m fairly certain the political arena is a swamp that is incapable of being drained.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've hesitated posting this cause my identity isn't exactly a secret where i come from. But, my locals all voted in favor of the bill despite my emails. They will not get my vote nect time. Call me a one issue voter. But, at this point, i have decided to take a stand and don't care. And i will push everyone i know to do the same despite my personal relationships with a few i will vote against. Shit. I might even run against them. Sorry dave!

this right here is about the only way I see this not becoming a reality. Need more guys to run. A legislature full of NDA legends would make shit happen. Plus the name tags would be cool

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
In regards to the school land, anyone can go and bid on the land rent. Every three years I believe there is a land rent auction at the local courthouse for certain tracts of land. It’s a three year contract. You will have that land for three years till the next auction. Just have to outbid the other guy. You guys could be renting some cheap hunting land. And of course not post it.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
In regards to the school land, anyone can go and bid on the land rent. Every three years I believe there is a land rent auction at the local courthouse for certain tracts of land. It’s a three year contract. You will have that land for three years till the next auction. Just have to outbid the other guy. You guys could be renting some cheap hunting land. And of course not post it.

Should not have to rent to hunt the public land.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I believe we all need to play some offense on this bill, rather than complain about it and wait until the last minute. Then do what we did last time and frantically email our Senators and Representatives and oppose it. This tactic is simply reactive and I don't believe it to be very effective every time this comes up. And.....you can bet your gma's last dollar, it's coming up again. We should be thinking of how we can get in front of this and get the information out to the voting public. I firmly believe the majority doesn't want this passed but would like to see better response and or results from law enforcement on violations regarding land rights issues. I want my spokes people in the government to prove to me that the majority of the voters in my district and ND are in favor of SB 2315. I am going to contact them (now) about the issue and give them a chance to respond when they aren't in session and dealing with everything else. I also want to hear from them if their opinion has changed and if not, why not. I am going to ask hard questions politely. I would like them to write up articles in the papers and reach out to the constituents and get more feedback ahead of time. If they are serious about representing the majority, they will make every effort to find out ahead of time. Not just knee jerk reactions and votes cast at last minute. We were all guilty of this. Some people knew this was coming ahead of time but most did not. Maybe I'm all washed up on this issue and they prove to me the majority wants this bill passed. If so, I will agree to disagree and be still. I am hearing most citizens favoring stricter enforcement and penalties, not SB 2315. I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt and give them a chance to prove their vote to the whole district. If it's a personal decision and didn't take anything else into account, it should be fairly obvious. Is it too much to ask for explanations and some kind of district wide public discussions??????
I urge everyone who feels strongly one way or the other about this issue, to reach out to your district representation and ask for proof and numbers and explanations and ask hard questions politely. Make sure they all know we didn't forget about this issue until the issue pops up again and we reach into "the old frantic emails to our representation bag of tricks". Not a good way to get ahead of this in my opinion.

PS, I'm willing to take any advice on how to approach this issue so it can be done effectively and done with all due respect. I don't pretend to have all the answers and would like more clarification on why the votes were cast the way they were.
Fish On!
Fellow Sportsmen

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is anybody going to form an effective PAC that I will gladly donate $$$s to? And I do mean $$$s, not $.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
TFX 185,

That is GREAT advice and a good plan. If I may add I know it is easy to do but we should not use a public forum like this one or any other forum to vent or bad mouth any one person or group. You will not help your cause by doing so. I will send you my info via a PM and be glad to help in my corner of ND.

Again THANKS, you are on the right track. My opinion only.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did ND Bowhunters Association side with the proponents at the legislature? What about other orgs?

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
The ND Bowhunters had their lobbyist Bill Humphreys speak as an opponent.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 100
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66