Shame on you hunters

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Screw Port he is just trying to push the narrative of those who are paying him to say so. I like how hunters are to blame and that a no trespass law would fix it.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow another one...... next week there will be another one.... this winter itll be snowmobiles and guys ice fishing sloughs.... its getting predictable now....... hey ND mainstream media... most Nodakers dont buy anything the.national news spews out why would you think the same tactics they use nationally would work here? You are pathetic.... shame on you Port.... do your goddamn homework instead of regurgitating a minority bullshit agenda.... most people with half a brain have caught onto this bullshit already......

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
These fake news pushing so-called journalists are headed in the same direction as the good ol newspaper. If some of these frauds can't report the news in a bipartisan manner, throw your support out the window and find a better outlet.
It all starts at the top and VNL needs a house cleaning as well IMHO. When did the news media become so weaponized against its own readers, is it that hard to just post the news w/o the bias BS.
Stick a sandwich in that noise maker please Mr portobello..

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to be interested in what Port had to say. He’s been on a slow slide into “meh”.

What an absolutely irresponsible article.

The long knives ($$$) are out for hunters gentlemen.

feather_duster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Port is a retard. Would love to have him come sit in my hot tub. Just shows anyone can be a "journalist" these days.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
HOLY SHIT is that article full of BS. There are so many wrongs in the first 100 words I didn’t make it any further. Port has absolutely no clue what he’s talking about and doesn’t care.

- - - Updated - - -

Let’s not give his bullshit any more “clicks.” Here’s the text so that you don’t have to visit the webpage:

Port: Shame on you, hunters
Many landowners in the state are fed up. They hoped for relief from the Legislature in the form of a bill that would have presumed the closed unless posted as open.
Written By: Rob Port | Dec 1st 2019 - 7am.
Rob Port
Rob PortForum News Service
MINOT, N.D. — I would like to direct your attention to a Facebook page called North Dakota Lock Out.

It was created after the debate in the Legislature earlier this year over SB2315.

That bill would have reversed the backward presumption of public access to private land in our state.

Currently, those wishing access for activities like hunting have it unless the landowner acts.

This creates a burden. The landowner must put up signs compliant with state law at prescribed intervals to stop public access.

Even then, some ignore the signs, or vandalize them or remove them, and access the land anyway.

Many landowners in the state are fed up. They hoped for relief from the Legislature in the form of a bill that would have presumed the closed unless posted as open.

They didn't get it.

The "lock out" movement was born.

Many landowners are shutting down access to their land until reforms to the law get passed.

You may not agree with what this group is doing, but you should pay attention to the stories they're aggregating.

There are graphic pictures of mutilated livestock, incidents involving gates left open, fury over trash left behind and farm equipment vandalized.

Is it any wonder some landowners are angry?

During the debate over this issue, we heard a lot about the importance of outdoor sports — the much-touted economic impact.

That's fair, but remember this: Hunting is a hobby.

Much of the land where that hunting takes place is part of somebody's livelihood.

Their cows aren't some side hustle. It's how they feed their children.

Their crops aren't scenery. They're the difference between prosperity and bankruptcy.

The people who act irresponsibly on this private land aren't just a nuisance. They are a threat.

"It's not all, or even most, hunters," you'll tell me.

You're right, but how many times does a rancher need to find a dead cow, how often should a farmer have to pick up garbage before it's enough?

Politically, the hunters have the numbers. There are more of them than there are rural property owners and they have potent groups lobbying on their behalf.

The landowners have a trump card: It's their land, and they don't have to let any of you on it.

One of the most arrogant arguments I heard this year came from hunters insisting that farmers or ranchers who receive subsidies from the government shouldn't be able to close their land off to public access.

I'd ask those making that argument, did you take a mortgage deduction on your income taxes? Did you get a tax credit of one form or another?

If so, I'll be right over to wander around your backyard. Maybe I'll take a dip in your hot tub and leave your shed doors open.

The best thing, for all of us, is for outdoors enthusiasts and landowners to find some common ground.

I'm afraid, though, that if the outdoors folks don't cool it, access to land in North Dakota will continue to diminish — and it won't matter what lawmakers do.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya know after stepping back and chewing on the recent hit pieces on hunters that have been out recently Ive been thinking.... who is pushing this? And why? I started to think about where the money and funding is coming from to push this agenda..... IMHO this isnt a hit on hunters...... this whole thing is a hit on family farms...... the weapon they are using is hunters.... let me explain. Whoever is pushing this agenda wants farmers and hunters fighting..... who stands to gain when this fighting ultimately leads to a massive division both economically and legistlatively???? Thats right corporate America and big corporate farms. They stand to make trillions in the long term but who is in the way?.... thats right family farms and ND law against corporate farming...... how do you get laws changed? Well first you start lobbying legislators...... when thats not moving fast enough how do you get more legislators to jump on board? Well you drive a wedge between two of the biggest groups in ND. Thats right once the farmers and hunters are against eachother laws will begin to change..... and I can tell you right now neither will benefit family farms or hunters in the big picture.... After thinking about this for awhile I began to get upset with farmers..... how can these guys get so upset with their neighbors and friends after all the support the outdoor community gives year after year..... then it clicked....... this is exactly the reaction the people pushing this agenda want...... The one thing these people did not realize is the people of ND are smarter than this..... Im not the smartest bulb on the tree and I figured these clowns out..... I just pray other hunters and small family farmers figure this out too..... I wont let these articles get to me. I am extremely pro-farmer and my mind wont change. I see right through these malicious attempts to divide and conquer and I will not be a part of it. So instead of bashing a farmer every time I read one of these articles I am going to tell of a time when a farmer acted kindly towards me or my family. I also encourage all family farmers to do this anytime this negativity towards hunters comes up..... tell a story of a time an outdoorsman acted kindly towards you...... maybe just maybe this unity and bond will keep the corporate monster at bay....

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was a wet year. Everybody drove the same roads they do every year. I actually took a smaller antelope than I normally would have due to not ripping up back roads. If it was dry this BS article would have never happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya know after stepping back and chewing on the recent hit pieces on hunters that have been out recently Ive been thinking.... who is pushing this? And why? I started to think about where the money and funding is coming from to push this agenda..... IMHO this isnt a hit on hunters...... this whole thing is a hit on family farms...... the weapon they are using is hunters.... let me explain. Whoever is pushing this agenda wants farmers and hunters fighting..... who stands to gain when this fighting ultimately leads to a massive division both economically and legistlatively???? Thats right corporate America and big corporate farms. They stand to make trillions in the long term but who is in the way?.... thats right family farms and ND law against corporate farming...... how do you get laws changed? Well first you start lobbying legislators...... when thats not moving fast enough how do you get more legislators to jump on board? Well you drive a wedge between two of the biggest groups in ND. Thats right once the farmers and hunters are against eachother laws will begin to change..... and I can tell you right now neither will benefit family farms or hunters in the big picture.... After thinking about this for awhile I began to get upset with farmers..... how can these guys get so upset with their neighbors and friends after all the support the outdoor community gives year after year..... then it clicked....... this is exactly the reaction the people pushing this agenda want...... The one thing these people did not realize is the people of ND are smarter than this..... Im not the smartest bulb on the tree and I figured these clowns out..... I just pray other hunters and small family farmers figure this out too..... I wont let these articles get to me. I am extremely pro-farmer and my mind wont change. I see right through these malicious attempts to divide and conquer and I will not be a part of it. So instead of bashing a farmer every time I read one of these articles I am going to tell of a time when a farmer acted kindly towards me or my family. I also encourage all family farmers to do this anytime this negativity towards hunters comes up..... tell a story of a time an outdoorsman acted kindly towards you...... maybe just maybe this unity and bond will keep the corporate monster at bay....

What land owners need to understand is if they can keep hunters off their land, they can actually pass legislation to keep them from treading on their land. It's a slippery slope.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
GUYS: Trip is right. Port’s attempt to stir shit up couldn’t be more transparent. It’s unbelievably obvious. Do you think he just randomly came up with what he believed to be a thoughtful headline? No, that’s the kind of headline you run in order to insight a dramatic reaction. Kind of like, “Whatever you do, don’t press that big red button.” Then Port goes on to recite all of the nonsense talking points of the SB2315 proponents. He put almost zero effort or thought into the column. It’s lazy, partisan, talking-point trope. It’s not a question of whether or not Rob Port is on the dole, but I’m curious HOW he’s being compensated for running this hit piece.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well the guy got one thing right...

Even then, some ignore the signs, or vandalize them or remove them, and access the land anyway.

This statement is clear to me that passing a no trespassing law will not change a thing. Except not allowing the good hunters who respect farmers and the land they hunt to access their favorite hunting spots freely.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
More "Phantom Landowners" who are fed up. Well there's a shocker...........NOT!!!! Keep calling this crap out and throwing the BS flags boys. Might not be a bad idea fellas, to ping your representatives concerning these POS hit pieces concerning hunters and REMIND them of how you feel on this issue. While we're at it, maybe post up all those who voted in favor of the trespass bill so we can push to have them removed. Keep up the good work!!!

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
We can easily counter every single point brought up by Port and counter this nonsense without tearing down farmers. To attack landowners is exactly what they want. They’re trying to get us to take opposing sides and attack each other. Instead, counter every point and aim your disgust at Port and his handlers pushing this garbage. Sportsmen and landowners have been partners for generations. Don’t fall into the trap these few assholes are trying to set.

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Isn’t the portly one a water carrier for the republicans?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Isn’t the portly one a water carrier for the republicans?

Like we are supposed to believe a MSM outlet would employ a conservative, let alone allow a conservative point of view to be voiced in ANY capacity? Nice try at deflection though.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
How does that guy know any thing that happens in the outdoors. Walking into McDonald’s is about as outdoors as he gets from the look of his third chin. They are going to come hard the next session already setting it up

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75