Shame on you hunters

feather_duster

Founding Member
Founding Member
1.) As others have said, all the people advocating for the posted law and threatening a private land lockout are already people that post absolutely everything, and don't let anybody hunt other than maybe a few select family members. Their "lockout" threats are meaningless.

2.) They somehow think the posted law will solve something when in fact i guarantee it makes all the issue worse. You will have more frustrated and angry people that lash out toward landowners because of the inability to find any land to hunt. Now even the unposted stuff would require getting in touch with a landowner which maybe impossible, especially in any timely manner. People will shoot first ask questions later and just hope they don't get caught.

WAAYYY to much common sense in this post . ;:;bowdown

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry KDM but you are wrong. The current law takes away the fundamental right of a property owner by forcing them to post their land closed. The burden should be on the landowner that does not care about their property rights to post their land open. A property owner shouldn't have to tell someone to stay the hell off their land. It's as simple as that but seems so difficult for some to understand.

You are mixing up the fact that private property is not public property. I want more public property not more public access to private property.

A no trespass law does not take a landowners right to post their land open to hunting and trespass if that's their prerogative.

- - - Updated - - -

Simple solution, put the rest of your land that you do not care if people are on it into PLOTS and get paid by GNF at the same time. Win/win

Nope! What if I prefer to pick and choose do to crop cycles or when giving opportunity to certain individuals to maximize experience or success rate. It is true that a property owner should not have to tell others to stay off but guess what it happens and I do not see this bill fixing any of that. Besides most Plots lands I see are pretty pitiful and poorly managed when it comes to invasive weeds so the pay check must not be that good because the landowner seems not to give 2 pits about it and G&F (which is a government agency) certainly are not taking care of it or are not enforcing any regulations and the land that is rotated correctly or properly hayed or grazed is a lot more healthy ecosystem when managed correctly. Also beings you brought up school lands being mistreated who ultimately is responsible for their conservation? Could it possibly be a government agency or a government funded agency? If I rent out my pasture land and I deem the renter is mistreating it and chooses to beat it up I have/reserve the right to terminate contract for negligence as it might not be my cattle but it is my property interest that I need to look after, aside from overgrazing leads to poor heard management and health as well. It is also my responsibility for the up keep of the property so I feel that any weed control or fencing needs are my responsibility. How are the government landowners doing on their with monitoring and upkeep?

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope! What if I prefer to pick and choose do to crop cycles or when giving opportunity to certain individuals to maximize experience or success rate. It is true that a property owner should not have to tell others to stay off but guess what it happens and I do not see this bill fixing any of that. Besides most Plots lands I see are pretty pitiful and poorly managed when it comes to invasive weeds so the pay check must not be that good because the landowner seems not to give 2 pits about it and G&F (which is a government agency) certainly are not taking care of it or are not enforcing any regulations and the land that is rotated correctly or properly hayed or grazed is a lot more healthy ecosystem when managed correctly. Also beings you brought up school lands being mistreated who ultimately is responsible for their conservation? Could it possibly be a government agency or a government funded agency? If I rent out my pasture land and I deem the renter is mistreating it and chooses to beat it up I have/reserve the right to terminate contract for negligence as it might not be my cattle but it is my property interest that I need to look after, aside from overgrazing leads to poor heard management and health as well. It is also my responsibility for the up keep of the property so I feel that any weed control or fencing needs are my responsibility. How are the government landowners doing on their with monitoring and upkeep?
Again those are all your rights as a landowner. I'm not advocating taking any of your rights away. I agree that the government is a pretty shitty land steward as well and my point of bringing it up is if we are going to allow private lands to be private then we should also expect more public land and better public land management.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
1.) As others have said, all the people advocating for the posted law and threatening a private land lockout are already people that post absolutely everything, and don't let anybody hunt other than maybe a few select family members. Their "lockout" threats are meaningless.

2.) They somehow think the posted law will solve something when in fact i guarantee it makes all the issue worse. You will have more frustrated and angry people that lash out toward landowners because of the inability to find any land to hunt. Now even the unposted stuff would require getting in touch with a landowner which maybe impossible, especially in any timely manner. People will shoot first ask questions later and just hope they don't get caught.

^^^^THIS !!!!^^^^^^ About says it all

And that Posted sign that claims it can fine you or make you pay in silver coin....is just ASININE! This landowner thinks they are their own gov't!! I wish a guy like this would buy some land on the Rez, and see it trampled by the boys!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
No he had one of these signs. I run into both that day and don't remember which is which, or maybe both were his. He sure like to rub our nose into how many elk he has shot and we only get one chance. B1C502E2-9C6E-44C2-B19E-19EA2486BAB1.jpegC896B226-5826-45D5-9225-4C8900AE8EC0.jpeg
Nothing compared to Montana though. I have seen abandon all hope yee who enter here. Then this one. The guy has to be insane. 221889048_10165440694640511_8199429922771076800_n.jpg

The last one is called a "Close" on the land and can be found in what's collectively known as "Contract Law". Feel free to look up the codes stated and do some reading. To label the man who put this up "insane" would be a foolish assumption to make should you cross his lines.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just pass it already and get on to other shit. Sick of hearing about it every damn session. Nothings going to change anyway. There'll still be trespassing, poaching, littering, pissed off landowners and pissed off hunters. When it passes I hope they also get rid of gratis tags and the corporate farming law too. Need more public land in this state. The farmers have ran the show long enough.
Until the farm lobby allows more public land in the state then this law should not change. The farm lobby wants to sell off public land and pushed for a law to not allow anymore public land in the state. To top it off non profits are not allowed to purchase land in the state because of the farm lobby.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also I have had people that I have caught trespassing on our own land which was properly posted beings their truck was parked right next to the sign and try to either kick me out because they know the landowner or they act all fine and dandy because they go way back with my dad and have known me since a little tike. It is really fun listening to them go on then I pull out my drivers license and show them who I am, usually the look on their faces is priceless. How will an everything is posted law prevent this? It won't it is going to be the same as when I put posted signs up all it does is keep the honest hunters out. Also does anyone really think that there will not be certain people out there willing to take down the Welcome Hunters signs to help go against this law, I think I will be still replacing signs at some point, heck I see plenty of PLOTS and Public Hunting signs that have been shot or damaged/removed.
I have no problem with public lands and would love to see more but I also have noticed that those that want more public lands are also not willing to use what is currently available because they are the high hanging fruit and they want more low hanging fruit, meaning they have tons of acres at their disposal but choose not to hunt the hard spot and yes I know there are lots of sportsmen out there that are not like that and love the challenge of the land less traveled. I hunt some public on occasion as there is just some game that is not available otherwise or it is just something different to explore. Guess what there is a pretty good amount to go out and get lost for a day if some look and just get the boots on the ground.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
all of us still live in his head - trust me - he's very active on "the Facebook"

he'll be higher than a kite for at least a decade when this no-posting nonsense eventually passes

at that point he will be forced to send us a taunting message somehow - you can take that to the bank : )

- - - Updated - - -

Fritz will likely carry that water

Dammit Guy, I really don't care to get into this topic again. I do not facebbook therefore do not read Gabe.

What I can share...…..if'n there is another trespass Bill, there will be no special exclusions or privileges for sportsmen. No amendments for apps or other side show rabbit holes. A very strict up or down vote.

I have been out goose hunting. Each time the land was not posted but I asked anyway. Good thing...…...one landowner told me to avoid using the section line. Surveyor's were on it all fall and it has deep ruts (traps) under the snow. He invited me to travel a 1/2 mile on his land to get to where I needed to be.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
not everyone lives out west where there's "tons of acres" at their disposal

in fact - most ND residents live east of Bismarck I'm pretty sure

- - - Updated - - -

ha ha - OK Fritz - you don't have any contact with GST or the other no-posting zealots - roger that

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
six pages.....this is so weak back in the day it would be easy 12 by now and way more entertaining.

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I will make this very easy from my standpoint. I am totally against the post everything law and wrote to the legislators about it many times like many others on this site.

If it passes someday. The first thing that should happen is all ranchers should immediately have to remove all cattle from all state and government owned public land. And if you don't think so please enlighten me as to why. This will never happen but it should. Only makes sense.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will make this very easy from my standpoint. I am totally against the post everything law and wrote to the legislators about it many times like many others on this site.

If it passes someday. The first thing that should happen is all ranchers should immediately have to remove all cattle from all state and government owned public land. And if you don't think so please enlighten me as to why. This will never happen but it should. Only makes sense.

does the rent on that land go to your guys schools and such like down here?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
This i do not know. If it does i would like to know how much that affects the average joe.

I know i helps keeps taxes down as the money for the schools would have to be replaced some way but our school land is public no matter if cows are on it or not. Standing crops are some times restricted but most school land is pasture

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Good lord. Calm the fornicate down. Leave it the way it is. If you want people off your land throw some posted signs up. If you don’t care then leave it unposted. If you want outdoorsman/women to enjoy your land look into plots and get a small compensation. There is no way this system has gotten so much worse in the last what 5 years? To warrant a change. Enlighten me.

Gabriel can take my hammer and a bag of sand out of my pickup box and get to pounding

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty damn cut and dry simple right now. Maybe folks should be better about using the rap line or call the sheriff if something is awry

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have never seen an issue reoccur so many times. It has been voted against multiple times but just keeps coming back. Make it stop already. And stop grouping hunters and sportsmen in with the criminals that are responsible for the bad (chains in crops, dead livestock, etc.).

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Until the farm lobby allows more public land in the state then this law should not change. The farm lobby wants to sell off public land and pushed for a law to not allow anymore public land in the state. To top it off non profits are not allowed to purchase land in the state because of the farm lobby.
I agree with you, that's why it needs to be attached to the same bill. Give and take. If they want something they should have to give something up as well.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fritz’s inside baseball take was correct

they’re super pissed that we didn’t take the electronic posting crumbs that were offered last time

so when it comes back, and oh yes it will, it’s gonna be clean/simple with no consideration of outdoorsmen’s interests whatsoever

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Fritz’s inside baseball take was correct

they’re super pissed that we didn’t take the electronic posting crumbs that were offered last time

so when it comes back, and oh yes it will, it’s gonna be clean/simple with no consideration of outdoorsmen’s interests whatsoever

I agree. And I think it only missed by like 4-5 votes. A clear cut bill might sway 5 voters just because it will seem like there is no guessing. If one day it passes it will backfire in their face and what they think is bad now will get much worse. More vandalism, more trespassing. And all of us that do not do these things will just give them the middle finger every time we have to vote on something farm/rancher related. I know I will. Why in the hell do they not just make it a serious offense if you get caught doing these things instead of all this BS? It will make all those F**kers shape up.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67