Shame on you hunters

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
From a outsiders point of view the hunters alienate the ranchers and farmers on your side now by calling them all pieces of shit there is no chance this will not pass. Money they have more you don’t right or wrong don’t matter one damn bit it. Fair not fair good or bad all that shit means nothing. You want to win want to keep everything from being posted the outdoors men up there need ag on their side and not the antidotal ones every one says they know the ones that will go testify against a bill the ones that will tell the farm orgs to pound sand when it comes to this bull. As they say bold strategy cotton calling all of ag industry rotten pieces of shit ad that to the horrible guides and out fitters it’s getting tougher and tougher to find anyone on your side.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
What really happened. SB 2315 passed the Senate. Three conservation orgs sent Sen. Erbele a letter supporting electronic posting. Sen. Erbele held the letter up as proof everyone was negotiating in good faith. Then the same three conservation orgs blew things up in the House totally opposing an app. A double cross. Erbele never released to the press the names of the three individuals who were signatories.

Anyway Guy, it's a pretty safe bet proponents of a trespass law won't be asking those three conservation orgs to play their part again.

If it comes back, it will be simple, concise. Amendments not welcome.

I do recall the nameless signatories of the nebulous orgs that “supported” the emapping via an odd letter produced by proponents. The letter that was claimed to have proven “sporting’s/conservation’s support of a no trespassing law”.

I sent the photo to reps who had no idea where it came from or who produced it.

Anonymous sources.... real legit. Sounds like the swamp alright.

- - - Updated - - -

“Erbele never released to the press the names of the three individuals who were signatories.”

why not?

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guy, it was an odd letter saying the conservation orgs would support an app for emapping. I don't believe it went so far as to say they supported a no trespass law.

If Sen. Erbele was in fact in negotiations with con orgs, he got snookered. Lesson learned.

All I am saying is if there is another trespass Bill, rabbit hole amendments not welcome.

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
I seem to be embarrassed every time this topic comes up on here.

feather_duster

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I go ice fishing for a few hours and come home to read the second dumbest fucking post on this thread. How did this land Posting issue turn into an rancher bashing and now they shouldn’t be allowed to utilize their allotted federal grazing permit?? Public land is still public land. Go out there and use the shit out of it. Run through it naked and roll around in a fucking cactus patch for all I care. Nobody is trying to take that away from you. FYI I think the all land posted deal is dumb as hell and agree with most of what is being said here, but the rancher bashing is uncalled for. They are trying to make a living just like every one else is.

Is this the 2nd dumbest post on this thread then?? :;:muahaha

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
emapping was simply the trojan horse designed to get it passed

the opponents are not the rubes you proponents think we are

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I go ice fishing for a few hours and come home to read the second dumbest fucking post on this thread. How did this land Posting issue turn into an rancher bashing and now they shouldn’t be allowed to utilize their allotted federal grazing permit?? Public land is still public land. Go out there and use the shit out of it. Run through it naked and roll around in a fucking cactus patch for all I care. Nobody is trying to take that away from you. FYI I think the all land posted deal is dumb as hell and agree with most of what is being said here, but the rancher bashing is uncalled for. They are trying to make a living just like every one else is.
The point your missing is we can't go out and use this public land because it is all POSTED. Not only do these certain farmers/ranchers want a posted law, they are also the same ones that post the school land every single year and basically claim as their own. Where i hunt there are multiple sections of school land I've never stepped foot on in my entire life because they are posted every year, and you can be 100% sure its to keep hunters out. Grazing rights should be allowed, but not posting.

When this select group of people want everything posted, and also post all the school land to basically lock everyone out of everything...at what point is it just pure greed?

Last edited:

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Exhibit A on why this law will do NOTHING to curb what's already going on. I sincerely would like a straight answer from one of the law's proponents on HOW a state-wide posted law would stop this sort of thing, especially since the "hunter" was ALREADY FRIGGIN' TRESPASSING IN THE FIRST PLACE?????

TRESPASS BS.jpg

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The point your missing is we can't go out and use this public land because it is all POSTED. Not only do these certain farmers/ranchers want a posted law, they are also the same ones that post the school land every single year and basically claim as their own. Where i hunt there are multiple sections of school land I've never stepped foot on in my entire life because they are posted every year, and you can be 100% sure its to keep hunters out. Grazing rights should be allowed but not posting.

When this select group of people want everything posted, and also post all the school land to basically lock everyone out of everything...at what point is it just pure greed?

School land can be posted up there ? That needs to be addressed asap i would think bcha would be all over that problem

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
The point your missing is we can't go out and use this public land because it is all POSTED. Not only do these certain farmers/ranchers want a posted law, they are also the same ones that post the school land every single year and basically claim as their own. Where i hunt there are multiple sections of school land I've never stepped foot on in my entire life because they are posted every year, and you can be 100% sure its to keep hunters out. Grazing rights should be allowed, but not posting.
I 100 percent agree with you on posting school land. It’s state land and should be open to the public. Maybe that’s a fight that could be brought to your representatives.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
School land can be posted up there ? That needs to be addressed asap i would think bcha would be all over that problem
Yes it can be, the most common reason is "cattle" but these guys purposely move cattle in or leave a few in there during hunting season to be able to post it. Its complete BS and if this posted law ever goes through, we need to be beating the door down to get this changed.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is this the 2nd dumbest post on this thread then?? :;:muahaha
If you think it is than it can be. I shouldn’t have wrote this last night. I come half drunk from ice fishing and got pissed off over a few comments and should’ve just kept my mouth shut and went to bed.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you think it is than it can be. I shouldn’t have wrote this last night. I come half drunk from ice fishing and got pissed off over a few comments and should’ve just kept my mouth shut and went to bed.

ha ha ha

I've NEVER done that ; )

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes it can be, the most common reason is "cattle" but these guys purposely move cattle in or leave a few in there during hunting season to be able to post it. Its complete BS and if this posted law ever goes through, we need to be beating the door down to get this changed.

yep thats bad doesnt matter if there are cow here its open

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When I look at that Facebook site about the Lockout and view the photos and captions, oh my oh my...many, if not most, if not ALL of those are so obviously staged it isn't even funny. It's sad. The crooked, underhanded tactics some will go to so they get their way is just pathetic.

I am very glad to say though, that the vast majority of landowners I speak to (including out west) STILL are super nice. They aren't all full of complaints about hunters or land access or the burden of posting signs or any of that. They are very thankful that I ask permission (and stick around for a little BS'ing) and are even more thankful when I stop back to thank them. They often invite me in (a total stranger). They often fill my coffee mug. The often show me around. I am reminded often that most landowners, farmers, and ranchers are like most hunters and most people in general...they have common sense and are smart enough to see through all of the bullshit. They are courteous to others when others are courteous to them. While I hear others say they offer to do chores or whatnot, I can't say I've ever done that. I don't pay money or provide lavish gifts either but it makes me feel better to drop off a bottle of booze or bag of fresh, clean, de-boned, vacuum sealed fish (not 6 months old and frozen in a bag of ice) or something like that if at all possible.

That said, the "all land is posted" rule will more than likely pass next time around because the biggest assholes in this fight have the clout and we (the general public) somehow voted them in.

I'm going to spend a lot less time fighting the inevitable against people who don't care about anyone but themselves and a lot more time building relationships that will matter down the road. I don't have enough time left on this earth to waste it fighting a losing battle. However, I have more than enough time to do what I can to show my kids the proper way to respect landowners, gain access, and open doors. The ability to actually communicate appropriately in person seems to be a lost art with social media and the media in general these days. Hell, I see people all day who can't have a dinner conversation if it isn't over text messaging or blogging, much less being able to politely ask to tread lightly on someone else's property.

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I

Is it " rancher bashing " or a " jab " at them? two completely different things. Is he not entitled to his opinion on how public land should be used without being accused of bashing or?

The way your father handled what you called " OUR SCHOOL LAND " is not the same way every renter of STATE OWNED SCHOOL LAND handles it. My experience is that many feel because they have rented it for years it belongs to them and they want to control it.

So my question to you is if this all land posted law passes should renters of public owned land be allowed to post it?

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I

Is it " rancher bashing " or a " jab " at them? two completely different things. Is he not entitled to his opinion on how public land should be used without being accused of bashing or?

The way your father handled what you called " OUR SCHOOL LAND " is not the same way every renter of STATE OWNED SCHOOL LAND handles it. My experience is that many feel because they have rented it for years it belongs to them and they want to control it.

So my question to you is if this all land posted law passes should renters of public owned land be allowed to post it?
If it passes or not IMO school land should not be posted.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

They can but that should never be allowed but here is what is allowed now

[h=2]Posting & Restricted Access[/h]Only signs furnished from the Department of Trust Lands can post School Trust Lands. Signs (see below) are available to lessees, free of charge, to post School Trust Lands. These signs must be requested in writing (online form available) and renewed annually. Please allow a minimum of two weeks to receive signs.

"Closed to Public Access"

• School Trust Lands posted with this sign are closed to the public.
    sign%20-%20closed.jpg
  • Hunting is not allowed on Closed school trust land by anyone, including the lessee.
  • The signs are effective only for the listed dates on the sign.
  • Closed signs are not available if the tract of land is managed with other adjacent private, state or federal lands.

"Notify the Lessee Before Entering"

• School Trust Lands posted with this sign require lessee notification prior to anyone entering the land.
    sign%20-%20notify%20lessee.jpg
  • The lessee may let the public know about conditions on the land, others who are hunting, or ask them to be careful. Notification of the lessee can be as simple as a postcard, a message on an answering machine, or a note in the door. The lessee may not refuse access or place conditions on access unless the person requesting access has abused the land or personal property in the past.
  • The signs are effective only for the dates listed on the sign.

"Walking Access Only"

• sign%20-%20walking%20access.jpg
    School Trust Lands posted with this sign reminds the public that only walking access is allowed on school trust lands and that vehicles must be left at the gate or section line. This sign is helpful when there have been previous occurrences of vehicles on the land.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 92
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 60