Shame on you hunters

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most ranchers were I’m from wouldn’t be able to afford to buy the federal land if it ever would come up for sale. That land would be bought up by out of state special interest groups to do god knows what with it.
You could be right. Either way there are people trying to get their hands on it. If you are right then sportsmen and ranchers better stick together and not let the American Land Council and Farm Bureau separate us.

Edit: Either way sticking together is a good idea because much of the urban vegans would destroy both if they had their way. To many are starting to think like them. Like idiot Cortez who can't understand that a cow is the best way to harvest natural resources on rocky land etc. All I am asking is stop crapping on each other.

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes it is OUR school land. Anyone can rent. You can go rent it and put a garden on it if you wanted to then it would YOUR rented school because you paid for and can use.

You called it " our school land " not our rented school land but when you said I could rent it it became "YOUR rented school "

It is not your land but apparently you feel that it is.

This backs up my experience is that many feel because they have rented it for years it belongs to them and they want to control it.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
You called it " our school land " not our rented school land but when you said I could rent it it became "YOUR rented school "

It is not your land but apparently you feel that it is.

This backs up my experience is that many feel because they have rented it for years it belongs to them and they want to control it.
Well I’m sorry my choice of words weren’t to your liking. I believe state or federal land should be open to the public that’s all can say to you. I have to get ready to go ice fishing so if you want to continue to play this word pun game with me grab a case of Hamms and meet me on the ice.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
The way I see it is :

1. Everyone needs to look at how their legislators voted last session and pin them down before the next election , especially in the metro areas , way to many of the voted for the no- trespass bill , many flopped at the last vote

2. Maybe someone can get a bill introduced to get rid of posting of all state owned land or school land as I call it .

3. I am very tired of being lumped into the same group that does dumb stuff , that pics keep getting posted of , plus I am extremely suspect of a few of them

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I’m sorry my choice of words weren’t to your liking. I believe state or federal land should be open to the public that’s all can say to you. I have to get ready to go ice fishing so if you want to continue to play this word pun game with me grab a case of Hamms and meet me on the ice.
Hamms? Bad year?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not for me. Obi just struck me as a Hamms drinker.

I indulged in many "From the Land of sky blue water " beers as that is what my grandfather had when we would go to the farm deer hunting back in the days. I don't think I have had one in 35 plus years but the commercial is still etched in my head

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I indulged in many "From the Land of sky blue water " beers as that is what my grandfather had when we would go to the farm deer hunting back in the days. I don't think I have had one in 35 plus years but the commercial is still etched in my head

My dad drank Hamms and Schmidt big mouths. On rare occasions he splurged for Schlitz. I haven’t had either in years

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
First of all i would never Farmer or Rancher bash. I might throw some jabs at them but i know plenty and help out plenty. This does not mean i cannot fight for our right on this issue. The land I was talking about is all state or government land in the badlands. No bailing or planting of any sort in the sections I am talking about. The sole purpose of my post was pretty simple. If we cannot hunt unposted then they cannot graze public.

I try to keep a cool head about this but I have done the courtesy call to a renter on a land trust he couldn't post but had his cows in there and all I did was get my ass chewed even though he couldn't say no. I get it, its a 2 way street not every hunter is a slob and not every landowner is an ass. So I know not everyone falls into these categories. It is just hard for me to see hunters having to give in on this posted land thing but get nothing in return. If everyone can meet in the middle fine. Then maybe it wont be so bad but I just do not believe that will happen.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't like how loosely you guys throw around the term "farmer/rancher basher" when someone critiques an aspect of ag practice or ag programs that doesn't seem right to them.

That old "you're a farmer/rancher basher" accusation was GST's go-to. If a person criticized any act or aspect of ag - no matter if it was a genuine and deserved grievance or not - he labeled you a farmer basher.

No - maybe you were a basher of a bad ag practice or a select farmer... but the critique was never meant to lump all farmers together.

But NO.... to GST you were now a farmer basher... two years later... yep, still a farmer basher.

Very similar to being labeled a racist if you criticize a person of a different color - even when that colored person was deserving of criticism.

When Rob Port does exactly what GST hated (made a general "Hunters, shame on you" statement) we're all supposed to sit down, shut up, and be ashamed and ask "can I have another lashing please"

I don't think so. Nice try at manipulative shaming though.

- - - Updated - - -

We criticize the actions of slob hunters day in and day out here.... and yet I don't hear people being labeled hunter bashers because of valid criticism.

WHY THE HELL NOT? Anybody criticizing ag producers gets that treatment.

Last edited:

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks Obi wan .That should put an end to the school land bitch fest.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
First of all i would never Farmer or Rancher bash. I might throw some jabs at them but i know plenty and help out plenty. This does not mean i cannot fight for our right on this issue. The land I was talking about is all state or government land in the badlands. No bailing or planting of any sort in the sections I am talking about. The sole purpose of my post was pretty simple. If we cannot hunt unposted then they cannot graze public.

I try to keep a cool head about this but I have done the courtesy call to a renter on a land trust he couldn't post but had his cows in there and all I did was get my ass chewed even though he couldn't say no. I get it, its a 2 way street not every hunter is a slob and not every landowner is an ass. So I know not everyone falls into these categories. It is just hard for me to see hunters having to give in on this posted land thing but get nothing in return. If everyone can meet in the middle fine. Then maybe it wont be so bad but I just do not believe that will happen.
I apologize for my earlier post. I meant no discord towards you. I understand your point of view. I know 90 percent of the rancher from park to park and south of medora. And yes there are super nice people and complete assholes. Unfortunately it’s the asholes that cause the issues.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I apologize for my earlier post. I meant no discord towards you. I understand your point of view. I know 90 percent of the rancher from park to park and south of medora. And yes there are super nice people and complete assholes. Unfortunately it’s the asholes that cause the issues.

right - and the same for hunters

We need anti-a$$hole legislation!

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
“We need anti-asshole legislation...”

The assholes filling half of the seats at the legislative assemblies would never go for this.

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't like how loosely you guys throw around the term "farmer/rancher basher" when someone critiques an aspect of ag practice or ag programs that doesn't seem right to them.

That old "you're a farmer/rancher basher" accusation was GST's go-to. If a person criticized any act or aspect of ag - no matter if it was a genuine and deserved grievance or not - he labeled you a farmer basher.

No - maybe you were a basher of a bad ag practice or a select farmer... but the critique was never meant to lump all farmers together.

But NO.... to GST you were now a farmer basher... two years later... yep, still a farmer basher.

Very similar to being labeled a racist if you criticize a person of a different color - even when that colored person was deserving of criticism.

When Rob Port does exactly what GST hated (made a general "Hunters, shame on you" statement) we're all supposed to sit down, shut up, and be ashamed and ask "can I have another lashing please"

I don't think so. Nice try at manipulative shaming though.

- - - Updated - - -

We criticize the actions of slob hunters day in and day out here.... and yet I don't hear people being labeled hunter bashers because of valid criticism.

WHY THE HELL NOT? Anybody criticizing ag producers gets that treatment.

Well put!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85