Shame on you hunters

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Gabe sure is butt hurt about banning him from this site. I feel bad for the folks arguing with him on those posts.

Geez guys way to threaten retaliatory legislation on this outdoors site how could you.......

bilbo

Honored Member
Correct, Port traditionally aligns himself with conservatives and libertarians. I’m baffled by those among us who continue to assign binary labels of “conservative” or “liberal” and nothing in between. Consider me both of these labels, and 1,000 other things in between. Don’t fall into the media narrative of needing to belong to 1 of 2 camps. Life isn’t that simple.

Bingo. I think this is spot on. I hear it from both sides; Democrats/Republicans/whatever seem mostly interested these days in seeing the other fail and gloating about it, not really problem solving.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its just a matter of time and all private land will be shut down to hunting, the trespass bill will pass and then things will really escalate with the vandalism. To blame all vandalism on hunters is just wrong, but thats the narative now and its going to be hard to slow it down. Its a sad time we live in now days, it is what it is though.

https://www.theminutemanblog.com/20...ples-of-why-theyre-denying-access-to-hunters/

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
People who shoot and butcher cattle are not hunters. They are thieves! Those examples were in the blog posted above to sensationalize and further the divide. They don’t want a compromise! Hold on to your boots cause the writing is on the wall for the next legislative session. Maybe voting a few members of the legislature out before then will send a much needed message.

Feildhunter701

Founding Member
Founding Member
I blame the oilfield for this bill. It al started 18 years ago. Crap started comming out and land started getting posted. I don’t blame land owner there’s more trash in the ditches out west then ever. It’s gross.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just pass it already and get on to other shit. Sick of hearing about it every damn session. Nothings going to change anyway. There'll still be trespassing, poaching, littering, pissed off landowners and pissed off hunters. When it passes I hope they also get rid of gratis tags and the corporate farming law too. Need more public land in this state. The farmers have ran the show long enough.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just pass it already and get on to other shit. Sick of hearing about it every damn session. Nothings going to change anyway. There'll still be trespassing, poaching, littering, pissed off landowners and pissed off hunters. When it passes I hope they also get rid of gratis tags and the corporate farming law too. Need more public land in this state. The farmers have ran the show long enough.

:;:stirthepot ;:;popcorn

Maverick

total vote.jpg
Here is how everyone voted.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member

The first two sentences of your post is how incrementalism works and is just what these control mongers want to hear. The third sentence is why you might want to rethink your first two sentences. Letting things happen without reason leads to VERY BAD POLICY. The forth sentence needs to be clarified with data and quantified. The last time this was discussed the data from ND showed all of these factors to be in ridiculously small amounts, which then begs the question of "Why change policy that will dramatically affect the many when there are so few that have issues?" The fifth sentence is just a rant about unrelated issues, while the sixth sentence is something I wholeheartedly agree with. However, I'll ask you, "How will making all private land posted, INCREASE, the amount of land open to the public to hunt?" Your first two sentences directly counter your desire to have more land open to the public. I don't quite understand this. Your last sentence is another rant I surmise comes from personal experiences, which again I don't quite understand how this will help INCREASE land open to the public. The "No Trespass Bill" in all it's forms is BAD POLICY based on emotion that you, yourself have stated will change nothing. I for one will keep asking for evidence, demanding data, dismissing non scientific emotional outcry, and FIGHT this idiocy to the end.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, there is nothing preventing you from going out and buying a coupe quarters and leaving it open to hunting. Land is a good investment. Rent it out and make all kinds of money.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

;:;badidea

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jay Thomas had a couple guys from North Dakota Lock Out FB page on yesterday afternoon. I've never been tempted to call in to a radio show until listening to those two. Of course, you couldn't get a word in edgewise.

And for CHRIST'S sake, the whole, "well, your city lot isn't posted, how would you feel if I had a picnic on your front lawn" argument is BULLSHIT. I don't give two shits if some kid cuts across my lawn, or their game of tag spills over into it. As long as they're not wrecking anything, what's the problem?

But aside from that, we're talking about a changing landscape. No more are there farmsteads every 2-3 miles. You have hundreds and, sometimes, thousands of acres of fields with scattered homes throughout, often far removed from the land they actually own. For instance, the landowner I've had permission to hunt on for the past 10 years has 40s spread to the winds. His furthest field is 20 miles from town. He doesn't post his land because he'd rather be left alone. And he's flat out told me he's had more issues with dumb kits mudding in the spring or doing stupid stuff during summer break, than he has with hunters.

The guys on the radio kept repeating "this isn't about hunting." BULLSHIT again. If the laws for trespassing aren't strong enough, make the penalties for trespassing and wrecking personal property steeper. Cart blanche posting all private property thinking this will somehow stem the tide of idiots is the exact same type of argument gun grabbers make when it comes to violence and shootings.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The first two sentences of your post is how incrementalism works and is just what these control mongers want to hear. The third sentence is why you might want to rethink your first two sentences. Letting things happen without reason leads to VERY BAD POLICY. The forth sentence needs to be clarified with data and quantified. The last time this was discussed the data from ND showed all of these factors to be in ridiculously small amounts, which then begs the question of "Why change policy that will dramatically affect the many when there are so few that have issues?" The fifth sentence is just a rant about unrelated issues, while the sixth sentence is something I wholeheartedly agree with. However, I'll ask you, "How will making all private land posted, INCREASE, the amount of land open to the public to hunt?" Your first two sentences directly counter your desire to have more land open to the public. I don't quite understand this. Your last sentence is another rant I surmise comes from personal experiences, which again I don't quite understand how this will help INCREASE land open to the public. The "No Trespass Bill" in all it's forms is BAD POLICY based on emotion that you, yourself have stated will change nothing. I for one will keep asking for evidence, demanding data, dismissing non scientific emotional outcry, and FIGHT this idiocy to the end.
First of all, I actually agree with property rights and believe people should have to have permission to access private property. It's just the right thing to do and should have been that way from the beginning. Just because we have had it the opposite way for so long does not make it right. As far as more land open to the public, no making all private land posted is not going to help that and I never said it would, I said we need more public land in this state. Another thing I will add to my rant is the over grazing of current public lands, especially our state school lands which have been abused far to long by the ranching and farming community. If landowners want private lands to be no trespass then the public lands should be off the table for farming and ranching practices too. Give and take!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
First of all, I actually agree with property rights and believe people should have to have permission to access private property. It's just the right thing to do and should have been that way from the beginning. Just because we have had it the opposite way for so long does not make it right. As far as more land open to the public, no making all private land posted is not going to help that and I never said it would, I said we need more public land in this state. Another thing I will add to my rant is the over grazing of current public lands, especially our state school lands which have been abused far to long by the ranching and farming community. If landowners want private lands to be no trespass then the public lands should be off the table for farming and ranching practices too. Give and take!

I dont know how it works up there but if school land was taken out taxes would go up as rent is put to keep them down. Now there should be a regulation on how grazed it is. I know only so many cattle can be run per acre but some is grazed to dirt in dry years

- - - Updated - - -

That is how it works in Sodak

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member

I also agree with property rights and that everyone should ask before entering. However, not posting land is giving permission to whomever wants to enter for recreational purposes without them having to ask. It's implied. Currently, the decision to let people use their land rests with the property owner. Landowners make the decision. Making all private land posted REMOVES that decision from the landowner. So, passing this policy actually violates your premise of property rights resting with the owner as it takes away their right to decide and gives it to the state. The second part to this is you actually agree that the no trespass law won't increase land open to the public. Now I'm really confused as to why you think we should implement this policy as to do so would go against TWO of the things you say you support. As far as the grazing and other issues you bring up, I agree with you, but those are unrelated to the trespass bills and can be addressed though your representatives.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
As far as more land open to the public, no making all private land posted is not going to help that and I never said it would, I said we need more public land in this state.

You do realize that a majority of the folks hammering to make all public land automatically posted are the same ones who want to sell of public land to the highest bidder and think true public property is government overreach...

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep but renting shouldn't give them the right to abuse them either. Yeah there are all kinds of regulations, problem is none of them are enforced. Just about every piece of school land that I've seen grazed is over grazed. The trees and any other habitat on them is pretty much useless after the cattle beat the shit out of it.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep but renting shouldn't give them the right to abuse them either. Yeah there are all kinds of regulations, problem is none of them are enforced. Just about every piece of school land that I've seen grazed is over grazed. The trees and any other habitat on them is pretty much useless after the cattle beat the shit out of it.

I have found the opposite down here but that is mainly west river with deep draws and lots of russian olive

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75