Walleye cheeks could be OFF the menu.....

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fucking stupid If we are hiring wardens who can't figure out how many cheeks/filets/fins it takes to to equal a fish, we need to do a better job of screening applicants.

^^^^ Agree with this. The other thing that could be done is what I seem to remember about my trips to Canada walleye fishing 20 years or more ago. One zip-lock package, one fish. That should make it easy to do a check on cleaned fish.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nipit.JPG

Don't even think of using or eating more than just the fillets. There's a new breed of wardens in ND. And we can't tell cheeks from fillets. So, just where did you hide those cheeks boy???

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, I have done most of my fish cleaning at home. So, if/when I get to a fish cleaning station, I'll have to remember this. I freaking love the cheeks! Never got around to the wings yet though. My wife and kids fight me over the cheeks. Good thing I'm usually the cook and can get what I want out of it before they raid the pile of fried goodness!

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
It sure is nice to be able to split them at the fish cleaning station , if you have 10 nice eyes that is a pretty big pile of blood line gunk laying there that gets put down the grinder rather than taking it home . Am I missing something here 2 uppers and 2 lowers equal 1 fish .

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I mostly clean my fish at home unless its one of those rare 3 day trips 2 hundred miles from home. Fish taken out of live well and put in cooler 0f ice. My set up at home is way better than any fish station and I use the scraps in the garden. 100% usage, no waste.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I mostly clean my fish at home unless its one of those rare 3 day trips 2 hundred miles from home. Fish taken out of live well and put in cooler 0f ice. My set up at home is way better than any fish station and I use the scraps in the garden. 100% usage, no waste.

Heathen, Blasphemer, Heretic!!! Launch the INQUISITION!!!!! YOU MUST BE CLEANSED!!!!

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t see an issue. Two fillets in a bag equaling one fish. Put a pair of cheeks in with those fillets and if a warden can’t distinguish cheeks from the fillets he’s in the wrong business.
This. It shouldn't be all that difficult. If you can't wait to chunk your fillets until you get home, go buy fish sticks!

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
This. It shouldn't be all that difficult. If you can't wait to chunk your fillets until you get home, go buy fish sticks!

well throw your cheeks in the grinder or go catch your two fish and count them as 4 like this law wants or just go buy fishsticks yourself

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good thing i cant catch a cold dont have that problem of to many fish

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's the big deal about getting pulled over. If you screwed up you have it coming.

Amen brother. I guess maybe I'm naïve, but I have never once been pulled over, when I didn't have it coming. I got a DUI many years ago, and I deserved that too. And even then, because I don't run my mouth, it was all polite and cordial, and above-board. In the morning, I had a headache, and a pissed off wife, but I didn't have a black eye, broken nose, split lip, loose teeth, or any of the other things that "happen to.." poor people who didn't do nothin' wrong.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
well throw your cheeks in the grinder or go catch your two fish and count them as 4 like this law wants or just go buy fishsticks yourself
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. We are saying this new rule is pretty stupid and wardens should be able to tell the difference between a cheek and a fillet. 2 fillets with cheeks and wing per bag shouldn't be that hard to check.

v193

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cleaning fish wont take very long, cut out cheeks, rest of fish goes in the grinder....technically it sounds like its legal

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did always find it really odd that there even was a possession limit, yet you had cleaning stations at popular boat ramps. How the heck do you prove possession, let alone species, when everything is cleaned on site?

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. We are saying this new rule is pretty stupid and wardens should be able to tell the difference between a cheek and a fillet. 2 fillets with cheeks and wing per bag shouldn't be that hard to check.

If you’re disagreeing with the new proposed change then I misunderstood and apologize. To me it read that if you couldn’t wait to cut the filets the way they want to you were telling that fisherman to go buy fishsticks. Common sense by the angler and by the warden could go a long way here,but then I guess common sense in today’s world is not easily found anymore

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 118
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70