Coyote Hide

Sodbuster

Shot a nice coyote yesterday wanting to get it skinned and tanned. Looking for recommendations for someone in the Dickinson area but will travel a little ways if needed. Thanks for your input.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hidden wolf taxidermy looks like your huckleberry.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...lfTaxidermy/&usg=AOvVaw3V4ODe2E_13uhVM-KAX16q
3E5E5A9D-648E-4897-AB56-2DBEEEB81C8F.jpg

Last edited:

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Called there because I'm kind of interested myself after seeing a bunch of different pictures online. She quoted:
Open mouth rug =$850
Closed mouth rug=$750
Tanned pelt=$160

I've been wanting to full-body the next nice dark one I shoot (tis the season), decisions decisions.

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do some taxidermy on the side and here is what I would do. If you just want a tube to hang on the wall then skin and flesh and buy a bottle of Krowtan and follow the directions. Super easy!

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I do some taxidermy on the side and here is what I would do. If you just want a tube to hang on the wall then skin and flesh and buy a bottle of Krowtan and follow the directions. Super easy!

Or else sell it and buy a tanned hide at one of the up coming gunshow's.

Sodbuster

I might have to try and skin one sometime and try it myself. This is too nice of one for practice. Also selling this one and buying s different one doesn't give it the same meaning to me. On my mule deer that I had a head mount done on I ruined the Cape and the taxidermist had to buy a replacement, it looks way different than the original and still bothers me to this day 13 years later.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
I might have to try and skin one sometime and try it myself. This is too nice of one for practice. Also selling this one and buying s different one doesn't give it the same meaning to me. On my mule deer that I had a head mount done on I ruined the Cape and the taxidermist had to buy a replacement, it looks way different than the original and still bothers me to this day 13 years later.
Couldn't agree more, I just cant do replica mounts either. Guess I just like to see the original specimen on the wall and imagine that single moment he took his last breath and where and how it all went down.
Had to find a replacement cape on a shoulder mount and its a November rifle shot deer with a Sept cape so it looks way more like a bow kill. He just sticks out as the odd duck on the wall to me now.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75