Tis the season for thievin.....

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a friendly reminder to everyone, keep an eye on your CC statements and keep an eye out for porch pirates....

I just opened up one of my Credit Card apps and noticed a nearly $500 charge for a cash advance at Western Union in Commifornia..... That fucking state can't fall of into the ocean soon enough...

Anywho... with all the cyber monday and black friday online buying being done, deliveries and Porch Pirates are sure to be rolling in. Keep an eye out for your neighbors, and hopefully they will do the same for you.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Once the no trespass bill passes we won't have to worry about this. Sorry had to

campchef

Honored Member
We have had 3 unauthorized charges to our MC in the past 3 months. The first being for $6.00 from some address in Kentucky. (they must have been testing the number) then there was a charge for $600 and the latest was a monthly charge for $14.00+ from Net flex.
Thankfully my wife has the patience to make the call, stay on the line, comprehend broken English and the ability to get the charges removed. Of course that includes getting a new card and number and then contacting every vendor with whom we have auto payment.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup the Bastages pirates wlll be out in full force because of the holiday, if you can, have your shipments delivered to your work if they allow it. I have yet to experience any thefts off my porch, knock on wood. Had couple of unauthorized charges on my CC couple of times. My bank is damn good about monitoring my debit card, soon as they see funny shit, they shut it down, and let me know I had to replace it twice.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have had 3 unauthorized charges to our MC in the past 3 months. The first being for $6.00 from some address in Kentucky. (they must have been testing the number) then there was a charge for $600 and the latest was a monthly charge for $14.00+ from Net flex.
Thankfully my wife has the patience to make the call, stay on the line, comprehend broken English and the ability to get the charges removed. Of course that includes getting a new card and number and then contacting every vendor with whom we have auto payment.

This is a big @$$-pain. Letting the auto-pay vendors know that things have changed, bites.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup the Bastages pirates wlll be out in full force because of the holiday, if you can, have your shipments delivered to your work if they allow it. I have yet to experience any thefts off my porch, knock on wood. Had couple of unauthorized charges on my CC couple of times. My bank is damn good about monitoring my debit card, soon as they see funny shit, they shut it down, and let me know I had to replace it twice.

If your bank is doing a good job, let them know. Mine too, is very vigilant. If I'm going to go out of town, I usually let them know. Better to be safe than sorry.

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
I've got an Amex Card and you as the owner can get text alerts when the card is used without the card being present. I get a text immediately which gives me plenty of time to call and say it wasn't me! Works amazingly well.

I contacted my bank and they did it with my debit card too.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
With our credit cards we too get notified within 5-10 seconds of our card getting used. These bastages that scam people should be hung up by their nuts until their nuts rot and they fall down! Damn thieves.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 99
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62