Underwater cameras

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've used cameras since they first came out (the original Aqua Vu)

they're often great - but I've been burned by crappy cameras so many times I have a real issue spending the money they want

The Marcum color camera like the one on Amazon was an expensive pile of ####

- - - Updated - - -

Bought a Vexilar last year - worked at home - didn't work when I got on the ice - hustled back to Mills and got a refund. What a waste of effort - as ususal.

I think they'd maybe be worth the risk if babied inside a permanent.

- - - Updated - - -

That original Aqua Vu lasted longer than all the rest combined.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have only used the Marcum and it's bigger than 5 for sure. Great for kids to watch and be entertained as well as a learning tool for adults. Can see the reaction of the fish to your presentation. Can be amazed at how soft a perch can bite and you won't feel it. Definitely need a panner of some type to move the lens. Size? I would make sure it's bigger than you think would be OK.

As you already know, water clarity is an issue no matter the brand or size.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never had a single issue with my Marcum whatsoever. But then again some people can wreck a crowbar.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have the Aqua Vu 360 and they are nice. I hook it to a 32 in TV in my house and you see all around the house as it has 4 camera's. I have had it for close to 8 yrs. Wish I could find a couple more for spares. A person gets spoiled not having to turn the camera. They quit making them about 4 or 5 yrs ago and have no replacements and they don't fix them.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My vexilar camera is still going strong. You like a mini camera one day for hole hopping

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
vexilar camera had for 2 years with the panner remote great unit never a problem. one thing is playing with the fish when they just sitting around and check your stuff out. pounding the bottom sure gets them fired up.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76