- - - Updated - - -

I HATE the Pro View by the way.

Garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

adjust the transducer sensing angle BY TURNING UP THE GAIN

doesn't get much more retarded than that

- - - Updated - - -

Example:
Perch fishing in 40 FOW with small bait. Solution - turn up the gain.

Result:
Excellent. Now you can see your bait, perch and trees below you. You can also see what's below your partner, what's below the guys fishing the lake next door, and what's under Lion Tamer's boat out in the Pacific.

Brilliant.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm surprised they aren't putting the lite flight on the 40V, or at least giving an upgrade option.

I currently have a Honda Strikemaster, and then a Milwaukee/Eskimo hand auger combo. The lite flight is tempting to get and use on both because I already have plenty of 8" lazer blades but I do also like the k-drill because of its dirty ice benefits. The $35 Eskimo hand auger bit does cut great, it just tends to catch at the bottom of the hole and want to screw itself in. I've gotten better at it, but I don't think there is a real way to solve that problem.

revolutionz

★★★ Legendary Member
I'm surprised they aren't putting the lite flight on the 40V, or at least giving an upgrade option.

I currently have a Honda Strikemaster, and then a Milwaukee/Eskimo hand auger combo. The lite flight is tempting to get and use on both because I already have plenty of 8" lazer blades but I do also like the k-drill because of its dirty ice benefits. The $35 Eskimo hand auger bit does cut great, it just tends to catch at the bottom of the hole and want to screw itself in. I've gotten better at it, but I don't think there is a real way to solve that problem.

One reason I was looking at the Ion G2 as a possibility...it essentially has a green Eskimo pistol bit on it, so I could use a drill for early-ish lightweight drilling, and then if more power is needed as the ice gets thicker put it back on the Ion powerhead. Only downside would be having 2 different power sources with different batteries to buy/maintain.

The trusty old Eskimo propane auger will probably stick around until I become more confident in electric, but that 27lb beast probably won't be getting much use going forward.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Exhibit A

- - - Updated - - -

Garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Example:

Result:
Excellent. Now you can see your bait, perch and trees below you. You can also see what's below your partner, what's below the guys fishing the lake next door, and what's under Lion Tamer's boat out in the Pacific.

Brilliant.

I agree with this. Pro view moronic technology.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
We've used Milwaukee drills with Eskimo 8" hand auger and ion extension on Lake Winnipeg the last few years with zero issues.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Exhibit A

- - - Updated - - -

Garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Example:

Result:

Brilliant.

Couldn't agree more. The absolute opposite of how it should work. I had a long conversation with that dude the year those came out and told him they’re stupid for not offering the tri beam anymore. They made me one and a few months later they did put them back on the market. Not saying that was my doing, but they can shove that pro ducer.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
18 or 20 volt? How many batteries do you smoke in a day?

18. I've got a couple of the 12.0 batteries, so not even two. I have a little Igloo cooler I put the batteries in with some hand warmers. The major key with drilling in thick ice is to clear your hole a lot while drilling so the drill doesn't bog down at all. That's what drains the batteries. Otherwise, your drill doesn't know if it's going through 12 inches or 48.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^^ - yep!

don't be dumb. put your battery's energy toward cutting - not pushing cuttings round and round making a slushie

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I was wealthy like MM and could afford burning handwarmers on something as frivolous as keeping batteries warm.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
8" K-Drill with a Milwaukee Fuel for me. Only thing I would say if you're going this route is that it is worth its weight in gold to get a clam plate for it. About took my wrist right off couple years ago up on Winnipeg thinking I could drill through 4 feet of ice with just that little dinky handle that you attach to the drill. Overall it's the cat's ass. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lake Winnipeg, both of us rockin' the Milwaukee.

IMG_1197.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79