Good dry rubs and BBQ sauces??

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
we’ll need you to expand on this.........

for-president-hillary-2028-here-she-comes-again-here-she-34878485.png

Bull Herbie

Founding Member
Founding Member
bbqpitboys.com anything and everything you need to know about smoking meat. They have rubs, sauces and recipes for all types of meat.

smokingmeatforum.com another great site with more info than you could possibly use. There are always some amazing recipes and ideas.

★ Legendary Member
As anyone tried owensbbq ring sausage flavors(german or polish)? i am looking at making ring sausage with my deer this year...i have 3 young girls so the cajun isn't an option. we typically have ring sausage with knoephla, cream, chicken bouillon or knoephla and sauerkraut.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Remember when your mom made your favorite dish? I'm betting you never asked her to change her recipe for that dish. If you have a rub and a sauce that you like, don't be in a hurry to change. I'm like that as well, always trying to juice it up a little to make it even better. Not always better.

Remember the time a friend made some outstanding ribs, great sauce and tender to eat. When he retired from the rib business I asked him if he would share his sauce recipe. He laughed and said "Sure." His special sauce was a powder he bought from his rib supplier and mixed with the drippings of the ribs. How could it not be good when the main ingredient was pork fat.

When you get down to it, most BBQ sauces aren't all that much different unless you are talking areas of the country. SE is more of a vinegar sauce and Midwest is more KC or a tomato based. Go to Canada and dry ribs are common as well as pretty good if done properly.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
ricks salt is legit,
Tatonka dust is tough to beat.actually been using it on our fresh eggs and holy shit....
tony catcheres cajun is a nice little change up. excellent on eggs in the morning as well.

- - - Updated - - -

i will agree with the above who say fresh blended herbs and spices. was giving a bunch this past fall and the flavor from fresh garden herbs and spices is 2nd to none as far as cooking goes.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Am i missing something on the Tatanka Dust? Just tried some on my steak last week and either i didn't use enough of should've i added salt?

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I make jalapeño poppers, I add it to my cream cheese stuffing and also sprinkle it on deviled eggs. Will have to try it on my shrimp the next time I make them.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Am i missing something on the Tatanka Dust? Just tried some on my steak last week and either i didn't use enough of should've i added salt?

I put it on so the steak/burger is black. If you do that you definitely don't need salt.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74