Owens BBQ Sausage recommendations?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I probably need to order today if i want it by friday. So, clocks a tickin. what have you guys tried and what have you REALLY liked?

i figure i will be mixing up 5-6 25 pound batches if we include our duck breasts in the pile.

Thanks in advance!

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
original and garlic summer sausage are fantastic.

philly brawts and beer brawts are solid i didnt make those a friend did and they were spot on.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry if you looking for ring sausage im not a ring sausage guy myself but literally any product from owens has been money, just ordered $75 worth of prodcut last month from him

Glass

★★★ Legendary Member
Stadium brats, red barn bologna, formed bacon, garlic summer sausage, feta brats, any slim jims from them, their all pork Italian is the best out there. Also, if you like ground jerky all their jerky recipes are top notch (5 lb batches).

Only thing I have gotten from there that I do not like is the Dakota sausage, smelled great but lacked cooked taste and seasoning diversity.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
All of the above! Honestly, We make 300-500 lbs of sausage/summer sausage/stick/brats each year and only use Owens. I've probably tried 80% of their offerings so far and like them all. Red Barn Bologna is by far our favorite.

Motohunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
We made a few different kinds last year and by far the honey bbq stick mix was the best in my opinion. Tried the original and jalapeno stick seasoning too and they were pretty good. I have some jalapeno stick seasoning left if you'd like to try it.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
order placed. thanks for the input. mostly sausage and brats. but, did get the 10 season sampler pack for ground/muscle meat too.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76