info on one man flip over shacks

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking for thoughts on one man trap style shacks as I sold my two man when my pard passed away a few years ago,lots of one man options for flip over's not interested in hub style as we move to much searching or keeping on fish...

recommendation welcomed,not set on any certain brand,but clam thermal scout looks interesting.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've had the Shappell FX150 non-insulated for 3 seasons now. Great sled/light/easy to load in the truck myself...fits in a 5.5ft box. If had to do over, would go with the FX200 insulated model...for the price very good.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
thanx never herd of this brand will do some research,thanx

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I sure like the look of the otter hideout xt, except for the price.

Lazerwolf77

I had an eskimo wide 1 inferno I really liked it but prefer the extra space in a bigger 2 man . I'm 5'8 while sitting the roof had plenty of clearance for my head and adequate room for hook sets .

Fitz

Established Member
I have the Clam Legend XL and I am very pleased with it. I also like to move around so a two person or hub was just too much for 1 guy to do so quickly. I was looking at the Kenai and Blazer, but the glad I went with more fishable area. Something I would have regretted. The Legand also has a door in back as well as front. I like that feature more than I thought I would.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
If moving a lot it would be nice to have a flip over that you don’t have to extend the poles. I have an otter cabin I think it’s called. A larger one man. I like everything about it other than I have to extend the poles when setting up. Would be nice to have just the flip over. But they are pretty small and cramped.

jtillman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Clam Kenai. I love the simplicity of it (no expanding poles, just flip and fish). It's a bit on the narrow side....I'm 5'11 / 260lbs and I fish very comfortably with two lines, just have to get it set up right....but another 2-3 inches wider would have been great. I throw it sideways in the back of my Yamaha Rhino for transporting to the lake (fit is perfect), then pull it behind while on the lake.

--good luck--

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a clam kenai pro thermal and recently upgraded to the otter hideout. Both are nice as the poles don't extend, just flip it and you're done. The otter is a bit heavier but is built much better and has more room. It's also more money.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think i would be looking at the Otter hideout or Eskimo Wide 1, unless your looking for something really light and cheap, then clam or others way be worth a look.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74