Grinding

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Snow, I've had that smoker for 6 to 8 years now and no issues with the heating element. 2 years ago I had to get a new control box\ biscuit shooter as the old one quit shooting biscuits in automatically. Was $150.00 for the new box........... I also have a 20 pound Cabelas stuffer that I use instead of using the grinder to stuff sausage.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
bought the one on the right from a guy who had already gutted the cooling system.

the one on the left is pristine.

I should grab the extinguisher and plug it in and try it some day.

If it's like an International it will most likely fire right up if it was working when last used given the condition. They retrofit them with new components most of the time anyway. They will make cool smokers too but I'd check the value . Most of rural ND was still using ice boxes in those days. The old internationals were fetching a good price last year , 500 + if in good condition and selling .

ndrivrrat

Founding Member
Founding Member
My garage fridge is a 1949 International Harvester. Runs perfectly, has never missed a beat. Paid $50 for it about 20 yrs ago. I'm sure it will outlast my $2500 house fridge by years. Missing the I-H emblem from the handle is the only bad thing, anyone know where I could get a replacement emblem?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There is a IH chest freezer and a regular IH fridge in the basement of my brothers house. He bought the house from my folks estate. I know the fridge is older than me and the freezer was bought when I was 5. Still work fine. They just dont make things like they used to. LB

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Going to grind some pork trimmings for sausage pattys. How cold do you pro's have your pork at grinding time. Going to coarse grind, mix with coarse ground deer, mix in spice from Mossy Moe and then grind again. Form into patties for fresh breakfast sausage (country style). Thanks LB

Every time we have ground meat twice it has turned out like a patte consistency. Just grind normally and mix it good!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75