Lake Ashtabula Ice?

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody over in that area have any ice reports. Would like to head over this weekend if possible.

Thanks,

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Isn't Ashtabula closed to all outdoor recreation this winter , like Jamestown and Pipestem??

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buddy and I were talking about the Ash this weekend and we both thought it was closed due to the amount of water still being released. Either way we had zero intentions to fish it anyways but we weren't able to find anything stating that it was open or closed.

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got it, yep. No fishing Ashtabula. Anyone know what the ice is like now though? Asking for a friend.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't see how they can close Ashtabula. I've fished it for 45 years and it's always had fluctuating water/ice conditions. Just got to use your head but fewer and fewer people have anything upstairs anymore so I suppose they feel the need to protect us from ourselves. Might as well shut every lake down if that's the case. Gonna be a nannie state if it keeps up.

FYI, three weeks ago there was open water from the bridge south past the bar and all the way across the lake to the old club access area. Likewise up at Sibley there was open water from the north access point to about 1/4 mile south of the bridge.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't seen anything about them closing Lake Ashtabula. I've only seen Jamestown Reservoir and Pipestem

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
B95D6CF7-A74B-49EA-B55B-20F4EFF8C3DB.jpg

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody have any ice reports for the lake?

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any reports on ice conditions? Anyone know if the crossing is open to buy bait from?

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any reports on ice conditions? Anyone know if the crossing is open to buy bait from?

Crossing has been open and has bait, but calling to check hours may not be a bad idea. Ice varies, there is a pressure ridge south of the crossing towards the creek that sounds like problem. South of Kuders had open water a week ago. A lot of areas had 10 inches last weekend, but not all of them.

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any reports on ice conditions / thickness?

DakotaGreg

Established Member
They want to close access because people "people dont use their head"?

Lets care about consistency for a second and close down all highways because of a bad driver. Lets start prohibition on guns because of some nasty shooters. Lets also start a war on alchohol, fast food, or big dogs.

Or maybe just let us miserable peasants enjoy life at our own risk and let us ice fish.

That guy

Honored Member
Don’t know the thickness was working at the cabin but there were about twenty from the crossing to Katie Olson all walking out.

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone driving out from the crossing in vehicles yet?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77