Tomorrows the day

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
Sorry to hear this 24 - it is never easy. All that unconditional love they give makes it even more painful. My Kodi turns 13 in a week - we will say a prayer for you and Max tonight before our bedtime treat.......

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only time they break your heart is when you say goodbye

Tough day, scratch an ear for me 2400.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry to hear this 2400. Max looked like he had a hell of a good life! I'll tip one back for your buddy. RIP Max.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
My condolences on the lost of God's greatest gift to mankind, well maybe except that son thing... When they look at you with all that emotion and head shifts sideways with a canine wtf, very much makes the toughest men soft. RIP Max, Rufus will get an extra treat tomorrow in your honor.

Timbuk-2

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... Author unknown...

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
My old Brittany is going on 14. I try to prepare myself for that dreaded day by forming a sort of obit. Hoping that I will be prepared for her passing.
It never works. I will cry like a baby.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member

It's a tough day for you today, buddy. Hang in there, but you and Max can both rest easy that he had the life every dog should have.
That's always been my comforting thought when I've found myself in the shoes you're wearing today.

R.I.P. Max.

Last edited:

bilbo

Honored Member
Sorry to hear about Max. It's never easy, and I dread the day when our dogs' times come. Keep your chin up, knowing he's back in his prime goofing off in heaven with his buddies. Rest in peace, Max!

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
very sad to hear, we have a 14 year old yellow lab that is hanging on cant hear or see very good.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Said a prayer this morning for both of you. Told my bride about Max last night and we both had tears rolling down our face. Brings back memories and they are good memories. Also remember that hard day we had to do the same thing. It was never easy but one hopes and prays he is doing the best thing as we don't want our loved ones to suffer!
God bless you both today and always.
Take care my friend!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reading this put a knot in my gut. Sent prayers to our Father for strength and comfort during this difficult time. My sincere condolences.

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hate to hear this. Went through this in June with my first dog. 12.5 year old black lab. Tougher than i ever thought it would be. Just remember it will only get better as time goes. Sadness and heartache will pass and you will be left will laughs and memories. Your heartache is better than your best friend suffering. Prayers to your family.

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
My condolences 24, never an easy decision. We put our lab down on July 2nd, she was 10 1/2. I try to keep my emotions in check but I cried like a baby that day. Amazing how big of a part of the family they become.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74