Snow a-coming

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’m guessing it’s a dry 8 inches

I wish, it's heavy wet snow. I have a bunch of broken branches and I think another tree way out back split like the one that landed on my ramp and porch a little while ago.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fort KDM is under full scale assault. Snow is drifting pretty bad right now. Shoveled a path for the pooches to do their business and it took about 10 minutes to fill it back in. We are going outside to take care of chores and then it's back inside to wait this garbage out. This is shaping up to be a 'heart attack" snowfall event. Take you time shoveling and don't give yourself a heat attack. Be Safe Out There!!! This crap will kill you and winter don't give a damn who you are.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got done clearing most of the driveway. Out away from the house was around 8-10" but had a 2ft drift at the door, didn't seem to be overly wet and heavy beings my crappy snowblower was able to chuck it pretty good.
Back into the house to tinker

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wishing the best for everyone affected by this storm. Likely going to be a tough calving season the way this is going. ;:;banghead

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
All the bozos on fb want snow. Take your sled out west go see some nice winter scenery. When this ends the cold begins

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
4ft drift in front of my South facing garage door, once I blew through that it was about a foot deep to the township road. Just made one out and back so pouch had a place to poop cause kennel is deeper than the fence.

300sktr

Established Member
Have a gas fireplace in our living room. Wife noticed fan was running and haven't had fireplace running since Xmas day. Also noticed soot building up on glass. Crawled up on roof and vent was completely iced over from snow and sleet we had. Cleaned it off and everything works fine now. Also had about 3 feet of snow on south side of roof. Might have avoided something bad by checking vent. Might not hurt for others to check their vents also.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
A plow came down our street earlier today but you can’t tell. There’s a 42” drift in the middle of the road.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
At Jamestown I pushed 20 inches off my driveway at 10:00 am. another 4 inches at 12:00 noon, and there is 6 inches now. The weather station said 14 inches at 10:00 am and have not changed it even though it's snowing hard all day.
I have a buck fawn in my yard with a bad leg so I blew a path for him and put out corn and apples. I think the cherry cobbler goes next to see if he will eat that.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would be a shame if people were to shovel snow and have some back pain tomorrow....

That's why I like you! I heeded your advice. Andrew can do that shit tomorrow!

- - - Updated - - -

At Jamestown I pushed 20 inches off my driveway at 10:00 am. another 4 inches at 12:00 noon, and there is 6 inches now. The weather station said 14 inches at 10:00 am and have not changed it even though it's snowing hard all day.
I have a buck fawn in my yard with a bad leg so I blew a path for him and put out corn and apples. I think the cherry cobbler goes next to see if he will eat that.

Not worried about CWD?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
We went into winter so wet. And this snow is so wet. Now I will say that when I blew the old snow (started preparing) some areas in my yd that the moisture had been zipped out

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Made the mistake of driving from Bismarck to the in laws place in Minneapolis today. Left at 8:00 this morning and stopped in Fargo now for gas. Ugh. Not the most pleasant drive.
People that drive (when no emergency) when they have been warned of bad conditions. WHY ?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
And every once in awhile Snow a-coming is still a-coming.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like I get to do some roof raking, yippee!

IMG_6054 (Edited).jpg

IMG_6057 (Edited).jpg

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
Stayed in my ice house on Audubon from Friday until Sunday. My tracks didn't even blow in. Sorry guys, but I'm glad this storm stayed East!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69