Snow a-coming

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow! Jamestown and Ellendale have snow totaling 26"

That'll put a damper on things for a day or two. Get those sandbags ready come March. :;:sorry

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fort KDM was blanketed in a couple feet of winter filth. Charged in to battle with my ski mask, gloves, and my small but feisty snowblower. I attacked the 4 ft drifts with a vengeance at which point the drifts just laughed and continued to grow right before my eyes. I'd gone for about an hour and had cleared about half the pad in front of the driveway when my neighbor rolled down the driveway with his full sized Volvo front end loader and a full head of steam. THANK GOD for good neighbors with BIG TOYS!!!! It took him about 15 minutes to clear the whole driveway, parking area, and a good portion of the yard. I waved to him as he left and went back into the house. Now I'm sitting in the house somewhat depressed while contemplating my inadequacy and questioning whether or not I should turn in my own man card. Oh well, I think I'll just mix myself a drink in an effort to console myself and peruse the real estate ads for say...................... Florida, Georgia, The Carolinas, Texas, Louisiana, and just about anything SOUTH and WARM!!!!!!!!! Stay safe fellas!!!

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nah, don't be too hard on yourself KDM. You would have conquered eventually.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got the driveway cleared, then went on the roof. Searching amd digging out whirlybirds and stink pipes like they were avalanche victims.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
took gal and I five full hours non-stop to clean up

roof had 2-3 feet across broad areas

I’m exhausted - and out of rum

somebody call 911

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fort KDM was blanketed in a couple feet of winter filth. Charged in to battle with my ski mask, gloves, and my small but feisty snowblower. I attacked the 4 ft drifts with a vengeance at which point the drifts just laughed and continued to grow right before my eyes. I'd gone for about an hour and had cleared about half the pad in front of the driveway when my neighbor rolled down the driveway with his full sized Volvo front end loader and a full head of steam. THANK GOD for good neighbors with BIG TOYS!!!! It took him about 15 minutes to clear the whole driveway, parking area, and a good portion of the yard. I waved to him as he left and went back into the house. Now I'm sitting in the house somewhat depressed while contemplating my inadequacy and questioning whether or not I should turn in my own man card. Oh well, I think I'll just mix myself a drink in an effort to console myself and peruse the real estate ads for say...................... Florida, Georgia, The Carolinas, Texas, Louisiana, and just about anything SOUTH and WARM!!!!!!!!! Stay safe fellas!!!

KDM you know they say guys with BIG TOYS are trying to make up for inadequacies elsewhere

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like I get to do some roof raking, yippee!

Attachment-1.jpeg

As a guy who owns a roof rake, I gotta say it ain't fun n easy, like on TV. Raking the roof sucks.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Took me about 1 1/2 hours but now ready for the next one. Got out to the county road and back so wife has a trail in morning, no sign of any snowplows even on county road. Guess we need some of that oil tax to[ trickle down]:::

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
our roof slope doesn’t allow easy raking

so we’re up on the roof for 3 hours - taking care the whole time not to eff up the shingles

the total weight of snow up there would boggle the mind

- - - Updated - - -

and any snow you bring down sets up like concrete - blowing through 3-4 feet deep roof snow on a sidewalk is nasty!!!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not that I want to come back to the frozen tundra. We land in Minneapolis at 8 tonight and the get on another flight at 10:30 to fly to Minot. Have my fingers and toes crossed we get in and out.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
The slope on my roof is not very steep either, but this contraption called the Avalanche works pretty darn good...the snow really slides down the plastic. I'll still have to get up there and do some shoveling though. Like guywhoknowsthestruggle says, the stuff that hits the sidewalk and driveway turns into cement if you don't clear it right away.

avalanche2.jpg

avalanche1.jpg

Last edited:

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
cache.php
Originally Posted by KDM

KDM you know they say guys with BIG TOYS are trying to make up for inadequacies elsewhere

Yep, bad backs!

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
snow.jpg
Us in the James River valley are in for a world of hurt in the spring.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
What happened to WEATHER BUCKET?

We’re not on great terms right now.

- - - Updated - - -

A Caterpillar loader/scraper started down my street earlier today. Snow was too much to plow, he just kind of shoveled it to the side. 1/2 way through he gave up and left. 4’ of snow in the street. F***

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Fargo Foolum says it will take a couple of weeks to get Fargo streets cleared.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I want the weather bucket. Don't make me take matters into my own hands. I have a bucket around here somewhere.

The roof rake thing sucks. The slippery slide version is better than the thing that just pulls it down, but it has limits too, and from what I'd seen, is rickety. It has to be, in order to be lightweight enough to handle out on the end of a 32' pole.

And yup, the stuff that lands on the sidewalk is turrible. Two feet on the roof becomes 6 inches on the sidewalk, and it's packed as hard as snow can get, short of being ice. It's science, I know - but wow does it compact and compress.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74