Crimmins WPA

jmkilber

I'm thinking about trying Crimmins WPA... Anyone have any info on this lake? I have never been there.
I don't have an atv or anything so if anyone knows if there is decent access to it that would be most important. Is it snowed in? I don't want to drive all the way up there and then find I can't get to it.

Any ice condition info would be great too...

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
The main access point may well have drifted shut in the last storm even with little snowfall. The lake does come up to the road in one spot but not sure you can get on there other then foot or atv. As for the ice it was good a couple weeks ago although I wouldn't have put a truck on it then but not sure how thick it is now.

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Public access is via a section line from the east, I would say that’s probably snowed in pretty good. There is a spot where the lake abuts the road to the north of the public access, but parking there could be tough - regardless of that the north end of the lake is pretty shallow.

jmkilber

Thanks for the info. I think I'll just give Geneva a try. Hopefully I can get to it ok.

Nmariner

Established Member
I tried it before this last storm but after the big one. We couldve easily driven all the way down the section line to the lake. So I cant imagine access is much worse

However we didnt mark a single fish with 30 plus holes drilled and the other group fishing caught 1 six inch perch

Cooz'sCatches

was up that way also about a month ago before the storm. one other truck there fishing didnt mark a single fish. Though id like to go up there and spend some more time on that lake wasnt there for more than a hot min. just stopped on my way back to bismarck.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74