What a Shame....

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the following is true, I guess we can chalk one more good thing shot down by pigs, slobs, and bureaucratic money grubbing....

Greetings from Festival Headquarters
It’s with a heavy heart we announce the cancelation of the International Eelpout Festival for this season. Over the years, attendance has multiplied substantially. Each year with more attendees, equals - more traffic, more trash and more safety concerns. After trying to work with the county for the past 5 months to develop a solution for this year’s event, we have come to an impasse on lake enforcement. Because we are the only permit holder required to supply services and clean up, and are not allowed to control the lake, the economics no longer work. We provided a concept/proposal to move all commercial activity off the ice and into Downtown Walker, and this too was not going to allow for acceptable permit process for both parties. In the past years we committed tens of thousands of dollars on lake clean up annually plus supplied services such as porta-potties, ice road maintenance and trash pick-up. Unfortunately, the costs of all these items are rising and the inability to enforce clean up and participation for all festival goers, attendees and vendors it is no longer feasible to operate the festival under the County requirements that change and increase every year. This year there will be no fishing contest or on ice commercial activity from the festival. We will NOT supply ice roads, porta-potties or trash removal during what would historically be the Festival weekend.
We have had a great ride and appreciate all of you loyal “POUTERS” over the years and thank you for your support.
God Bless-

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Walker is a pretty hoppin' town as it is, so I'm sure the local establishments will weather this in time. But it's gotta sting -- drunken debauchery is always good for someone else's bank account.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
So.................why not just put a limit on how many people can fish? :;:huh Make it first come first severed. Easy peasy.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
my guess, liabilty ins. for thousands of drunken idiots is getting way too expesive

Last edited:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha ha, either way its less people to fish the tournament. ;:;boozer

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
What I meant however, is that a few turds wreck it for the many non-turds.

Every event has turds. Twas a BIG turd myself when younger.
Now, shit I done PISSES me off as I age!!.

Never did poutfest but know quite a few that did.
Overall, sounded like a great pile of fun.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was on WalleyeCentral and it wasn't discussed as much as I thought it would be. A few of the locals on there were happy not to 10,000 drunks come to town.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well to bad no shit show this year,probably best because piss poor ice on the lake with 20"'s of snow to slow down future ice making.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Somebody will seize the opportunity and start up an ice drinking festival at some other lake.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76