pre -iraq-

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Missiles hit Green Zone and Iraq base housing US troops: security sources

Two mortar rounds hit the Iraqi capital's Green Zone Saturday and two rockets slammed into a base housing US troops, security sources said, a day after a deadly American strike.

The precision drone strike outside the Baghdad airport on Friday killed Iranian commander Qasem Soleimani, top Iraqi paramilitary chief Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis and a clutch of other Iranian and Iraqi figures.

In Baghdad, mortar rounds on Saturday evening hit the Green Zone, the high-security enclave where the US embassy is based, security sources said.

The Iraqi military said that one projectile hit inside the zone, while another landed close to the enclave.
Sirens rang out at the US compound, sources there told AFP.

A pair of Katyusha rockets then hit the Balad airbase north of Baghdad, where American troops are based, security sources and the Iraqi military said.

Security sources there reported blaring sirens and said surveillance drones were sent above the base to locate the source of the rockets.

The US embassy in Baghdad as well as the 5,200 American troops stationed across the country have faced a spate of rocket attacks in recent months that Washington has blamed on Iran and its allies in Iraq.

One attack last month killed a US contractor working in northern Iraq, prompting retaliatory American air strikes that killed 25 hardline fighters close to Iran.

Tensions boiled over on Friday when the US struck Soleimani's convoy as it drove out of the airport and US diplomats and troops across Iraq had been bracing themselves for more rocket attacks.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
The US fucked Gaddafi decades after he gave into US demands and gave up his nukes. That’s the reason reason Kim Jong Un won’t give up his. Also China will break it off in his ass if he sides with the US.

The US took out Saddam after he failed to comply with our demands. 17 years later Saddam is dead and Iraq is still in chaos. That’s what Iran sees and the reason they’ll always back down. If Iran takes on the US, there’s no scenario in which their leaders don’t end up dead, and Trump just reminded them.

Russia won’t directly back Iran if they go to war with the US because Russia can’t touch us militarily. The US has 11 nuclear powered aircraft carriers. Russia had 1 - ONE - steamboat they called an “aircraft carrier” and it just burned up last month. Russia literally doesn’t have a single aircraft carrier. They have nukes, intelligence operations, a few tanks and jets, and neighborhood bad actors they’ve co-opted into joining them. They ain’t shit.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
EBDBD081-6305-4486-833C-DFA1AA9A8EDF.jpg

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
This just released from Donald Trump

Iran is talking very boldly about targeting certain USA assets as revenge for our ridding the world of their terrorist leader who had just killed an American, & badly wounded many others, not to mention all of the people he had killed over his lifetime, including recently hundreds of Iranian protesters. He was already attacking our Embassy, and preparing for additional hits in other locations. Iran has been nothing but problems for many years. Let this serve as a WARNING that if Iran strikes any Americans, or American assets, we have targeted 52 Iranian sites (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago), some at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD. The USA wants no more threats!

- - - Updated - - -

Colin Kaepernick appeared to respond to the death of Qassem Soleimani by characterizing the U.S. strike on the Iranian military commander as an “American terrorist attack.”
“There is nothing new about American terrorist attacks against Black and Brown people for the expansion of American imperialism,” Kaepernick said in a tweet on Saturday afternoon.

this piece of shit keeps saying shit to make himself feel relevant

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
They seriously need to quick posting anything Kaepernick says. Does anyone really give two licks what that idiots even says anymore? Totally irrelevant.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
The US fucked Gaddafi decades after he gave into US demands and gave up his nukes. That’s the reason reason Kim Jong Un won’t give up his. Also China will break it off in his ass if he sides with the US.

The US took out Saddam after he failed to comply with our demands. 17 years later Saddam is dead and Iraq is still in chaos. That’s what Iran sees and the reason they’ll always back down. If Iran takes on the US, there’s no scenario in which their leaders don’t end up dead, and Trump just reminded them.

Russia won’t directly back Iran if they go to war with the US because Russia can’t touch us militarily. The US has 11 nuclear powered aircraft carriers. Russia had 1 - ONE - steamboat they called an “aircraft carrier” and it just burned up last month. Russia literally doesn’t have a single aircraft carrier. They have nukes, intelligence operations, a few tanks and jets, and neighborhood bad actors they’ve co-opted into joining them. They ain’t shit.
Not to mention that the Russians sank the only dry dock in their country that could fit the Admiral Kuznetsov... with her fucking in it just a few months ago due to it going through massive repairs. prior to that the only way it could travel anywhere was with a pair of tugboats to move it around since it was completely unreliable and smoked more what a coal-fired power plant in the 1920's and broke down any time it had to move!

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

Fugging dickhead, that damn near killed me.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well a new dawn today,the left still riding they're high horse forget about these irainian fucks torching our embassay in iraq the day before wilst iraqi troops were seen standing around smiling,forget about the fact this asshole iranian general was declared a international terrorist in april and a travel ban was in place that he not travel beyound the iranain border,then wilst probing the bagdad airport with his crownies he was wasted but its all trumps fault,just think what would've happened if he was'nt wasted? again the left would blame trump for not doing his job,then we have the witch from the left pelosi pissed because she and bunk muffin chuck were'nt in the loop,let see wonder if camel jock general would've waited for our congress to approve of making a ink spot along the bagdad airport road,the dems of our country are a joke,they lie n cheat to make themselves rich and f--- "we the people" further what I here from trump if iranain proxies f--- with our people around the world iran will bare the consquenses. So they got a punch in the nose friday lets see what the middle east bully does next.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Relax people. The leaders of Iran ARE NOT STUPID!! Evil, demented, sadistic, murderous, and just plain wicked people, YES, but NOT STUPID. We knocked off Husein's whole program in 100 days and these same Iranian leaders watched it. Keep in mind folks, People in power WANT TO STAY IN POWER!! Think little FAT BOY in N Korea and all his blustering and banter. The ayatollah or whatever you call their top booger eater does NOT WANT to have his shit stacked, packed, and air mailed to allah, regardless of what he says. His words are just that....words. Let him grunt, growl, and make faces. Nobody ever died from grunts and rhetoric. Are they going to car bomb a place or launch a few rockets to "save face".....probably. However, it is my belief that the number of US lives lost to these "responses to save face" would be far less than the US lives lost if we had allowed this shitburger to continue his activities and those of his minions. I learned lots of things facing these diaper heads in Afghanistan and one of the greatest was that they are real tough when they have you outnumbered 5 to 1, but make it a fair fight and they want nothing to do with it and run as fast as they can. Iran isn't any different. They DO NOT want a stand up fight. They saw Hussein try it and they also saw what happened to him. Now lets say I'm wrong and Iran does want to rumble. Our military just came off 20 years of combat operations in Iraq and Afghanistan where ALL OUR WEAPON SYSTEMS as well as our TROOPERS, have been hardened to desert and high heat conditions. We no longer have green troops. We only have VETERANS!! Huge difference between greenies and vets. The Iranian military hasn't fought anything but boredom since their Iraq war. Our military might is probably one of the few things we get for our tax dollars that directly benefit each and every one of us. If Iran wants to rumble, we will turn them to rubble. As far as the nukes, biological, and chems go, if they have'em, we'd know about'em, and they would be the first piles of rubble to be made. Our leaders aren't stupid either.

Care to amend that last statement since I'm pretty sure 24 freaking ballistic missiles is a hell of a lot more than a car bomb or a couple Rockets!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
So any bets on weather or not they coordinated this strike with the US. Seems slightly odd and very convenient that the missiles all dropped in an area of these bases where US forces were not located Giving Trump a slight window to not be forced into full-on retaliation. If it would have killed multiple US troops Trump would have had no choice but the retaliate against the launch sites at the very least. Just curious if this might not be the equivalent of the Jupiter missiles in Turkey during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Care to amend that last statement since I'm pretty sure 24 freaking ballistic missiles is a hell of a lot more than a car bomb or a couple Rockets!

Nope. So what they did is attack Iraq to get back at us. That's like kicking the dog because the cat crapped on the floor. There are no US casualties that I know of, so they didn't actually do anything to the US that would warrant a counter strike. Missiles are guided munitions that can hit very close to what they are aimed at, unlike rockets, so I suspect the Iranians wanted to make some noise without doing anything to the US that would result in a counter strike. The Iraqis are the ones who should be upset. They were the ones that were actually targeted. Looks like propaganda move to me as this "attack" didn't do anything to us.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had people on those based so we were targeted. There was a larger closer base, but the Iraqis on that base were of the same Muslim sect as Iranian Muslims. The based they targeted had Americans and the Muslim sect they hate.
I don't know how accurate their missile are. I do remember the old joke about Scud beer. It takes 50 of them before it hits you. I'm sure all the old Russian Scud missiles are retired, or they just shoot them at neighbors like we do bottle rockets.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope. So what they did is attack Iraq to get back at us. That's like kicking the dog because the cat crapped on the floor. There are no US casualties that I know of, so they didn't actually do anything to the US that would warrant a counter strike. Missiles are guided munitions that can hit very close to what they are aimed at, unlike rockets, so I suspect the Iranians wanted to make some noise without doing anything to the US that would result in a counter strike. The Iraqis are the ones who should be upset. They were the ones that were actually targeted. Looks like propaganda move to me as this "attack" didn't do anything to us.
As for the convenience that the missiles missed yet all seem to miss equally I would say read my last post that most likely was posted while you were writing Yours by the looks of the timestamp. As far as not requiring retaliation well this will be the first time in the f****** history of this country someone blatantly attack us with ballistic missiles and we acted like it was nothing! So needless to say that statement is a wee bit of a stretch! Like I said in my last post the seems far too convenient as if it was almost coordinated with our people saying hey well fire some missiles at you so we can save face but we'll make sure they don't hit anything so you can have at least some modicum of reason not to obliterate us back. but of course you and I are both WAY into the land of guessing on that right now so Trump's true reaction tomorrow will tell us how much truth there is to this.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67