Spinner/lindy rig line

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get low on spinners and plan to make a bunch up sometime this winter if I get stormed in for a day. Few years ago I tied up a bunch and used Berkley vanish line. Is that still a good line to use? Any tips/tricks the experts on her got?

Riverbottoms

★★★★ Legendary Member
I have had some issues with the small diameter lines of vanish, I only run seaguar red label now. Best line I have ever used!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I use the Berkley Vanish with no problems. Puts them in the livewell.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't do much with spinners but have been using Seaguar lines more and more lately. I believe my buddy has been running Seaguar Red Label for the last few years and has been happy with it.

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Any live bait rigs I have always stuck with the old berkley trilene extra tough in 8 pound. Never had an issue and I've been doing this for over 20 years.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife and I tie 10k+ per year as we own a tackle business. Everything we tie is on suffix elite 10#. I've been using it for a long time in my personal use and have never had a problem with it. It is very durable line

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe I'll get a spool of a couple different lines and try to keep them on separate tackle buddys and see what I like better. Is 10 pound line what most are using. I think thats what I used last time too.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife and I tie 10k+ per year as we own a tackle business. Everything we tie is on suffix elite 10#. I've been using it for a long time in my personal use and have never had a problem with it. It is very durable line

those were some quality spinners you sent me along with the cap last year (or was it 2 years ago). They worked great chasing walleye and provided me with many a walleye fillet. Thanks again!!

Last edited:

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
those were some quality spinners you sent me along with the cap last year (or was it 2 years ago). They worked great chasing walleye and provided me with many a walleye fillet. Thanks again!!

Thats awesome! I'm glad you liked them!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76