Alkaline Lake Access

drayweb

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anyone been out there since this last snowstorm? How's the road into the ramp? Can you get to the lake from the section line road that comes in from the west with a pickup?

JB_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was down there Saturday on the south side of the lake. You can't even get close to the boat ramp because of the snow drifts. We ended up parking along the road that splits alkaline & fresh & pulling our gear down the snow covered rip rap. That seems to be what everyone else was doing also.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
The access off the section line has been plowed open. Not sure who did it but a huge thanks to them!

mills423

The local farmer opened it. The guy that owns the alfalfa field to the south. Not sure who he is or where he lives but definitely needs a thank you. I think he spent quite a bit of time opening it up.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The local farmer opened it. The guy that owns the alfalfa field to the south. Not sure who he is or where he lives but definitely needs a thank you. I think he spent quite a bit of time opening it up.

Very nice guy. If he’s reading this, thank you kind sir.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member

Cool to hear that in this day and age of "property rights" or shutting down roads/shorelines to fishing. Plenty of good guys out there, they just don't make the news.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
(Cool to hear that in this day and age of "property rights" or shutting down roads/shorelines to fishing. Plenty of good guys out there, they just don't make the news. ) …………………….. Yes there are plenty of them that do not want the ATTENTION the others seek. They do it just because they are of the old generation of good old genuine North Dakotans.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is the snow pack like on the ice itself? Pretty deep or no?

there are some deeper spots, we got bogged down with our ranger a couple times but never stuck. Another decent storm would suck though!

tabenson

New to the area, but heard fishing was good this past weekend on this lake. Question to all of you about access to this lake. I have a 16' x 30' ice castle fish house. Can I get onto this lake safely? Thanks for any feedback you can give.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
New to the area, but heard fishing was good this past weekend on this lake. Question to all of you about access to this lake. I have a 16' x 30' ice castle fish house. Can I get onto this lake safely? Thanks for any feedback you can give.

yup, no problem. Lots of big castles out there.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Must take a VERY special permit to get that one to where it is going fishing. 16' x 30' takes up a lot of road, and a very large path to get off the ice if it snows and blows. Very interesting !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
F818A5E4-88AB-444E-B74F-73DA922AF125.jpeg

Only Sconi’s have a 16’ x 30‘ fish house. They need all that extra room for the fish they’re poaching

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you like chipping,chopping,and shoveling when time to remove, have at it. Doesn't even sound like fun.

ImBadAtFishing

Any update on alkaline access. I’m looking to head down there on Saturday. Just curious if we can get on with a side by side? A lot of snow on the lake? Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75