No Drink January

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
10year2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I began to sleep better than I have ever slept. Alcohol interferes with REM sleep. (I was also exercising, so I was really ready to sleep when I hit the sack at night.) Now I sleep okay, but even when I don’t get a good nights sleep I don’t feel it near as much the next day. It’s a lot easier to operate on 4-5 hours of sleep now.

Yes. I have nearly (not quite) forgotten what a hangover feels like. And while I don't like 4 hour nights, I can make do. I perk up a LOT more quickly in the morning too, when I have slept well. I sleep like the dead now. I go until I sit down, then it's lights out. I bet most nights I'm asleep within four minutes of my head hitting the pillow.

Sotaman

Established Member
I am going to throw my hat in for Feb!!! I have found that lately I have been knocking back a couple crowns on most nights. This is a new thing normally wouldn't touch anything during the week. And I have found with crown once I get going on it its hard to lay off. Plus I don't feel like I way up with any ill effect or hangover. So I am getting a little concerned about the usage if you will.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am going to throw my hat in for Feb!!! I have found that lately I have been knocking back a couple crowns on most nights. This is a new thing normally wouldn't touch anything during the week. And I have found with crown once I get going on it its hard to lay off. Plus I don't feel like I way up with any ill effect or hangover. So I am getting a little concerned about the usage if you will.

that was me to a T with rum/ginger beer

you won't regret it IMO

well... after a while anyway - after quitting stops pissing you off - ha ha

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sort of dreading the first drink (Super Bowl... maybe). I'm hoping this isn't me.

mrperch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank god that month is over! I was starting to feel guilty getting fucked up every night lol

★★★★★ Legendary Member
that was me to a T with rum/ginger beer

you won't regret it IMO

well... after a while anyway - after quitting stops pissing you off - ha ha

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sort of dreading the first drink (Super Bowl... maybe). I'm hoping this isn't me.

Is there some special reason you have to have a drink during the Super Bowl? It's OK to say no thanks I'm not drinking and have something else instead.

Soooooo about that triple dog dare for Feb?

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is there some special reason you have to have a drink during the Super Bowl? It's OK to say no thanks I'm not drinking and have something else instead.

Soooooo about that triple dog dare for Feb?

I'm with 2400! You can do it!

images.jpg

Group Hug.jpg

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's kinda crazy to see all the encouragement to keep drinking and the encouragement to stop.

Me? I say good job!

The only time I've heard someone say that they regret quitting alcohol altogether, is when they probably shouldn't be having a drink anyway. Like when their emotions are running super high (angry, sad, frustrated...). So, I've never heard any logical reason for anyone to go back to drinking. I just can't see how you'll regret stopping. Pros vs. cons type of deal...

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update:

Still dry

Not drinking still seems retarded

Every single bowel movement has been grade 9 or better. Yes, every single one.

In the evenings, if I can't find something to do (TV blows) I just about lose my $hit

Beck's and O"fools amber are the best NA locally (can't find Labatt's). They've begun to taste good. I can't believe I just typed that

Tempted to continue through February - but I'm weak

I will never ever take alcohol for granted again : )

I'm guessing you've lost 5-10 lbs at this point maybe? (Unless you're supplementing the old intake with other fuel to keep your mind off it which I would totally understand being a month in..)

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rut2much, your avatar reminds me of this meme, and for that I salute you:

6EAD0DCD-7760-4D9D-A213-ED5D4A6482E6.jpeg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm guessing you've lost 5-10 lbs at this point maybe? (Unless you're supplementing the old intake with other fuel to keep your mind off it which I would totally understand being a month in..)

yes - but I usually do because I eat like a starving moron through the holidays

- - - Updated - - -

(10lb so far)

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member

When I went on a 2 month hiatus, I gained 15+lbs. The opposite I expected.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rut2much, your avatar reminds me of this meme, and for that I salute you:

Screenshot_20220119-080258_One UI Home.jpg

Hahaha love it! The black wolf, dark coyotes are my absolute kryptonite, nothing but respect for them for some odd reason. #BWM #BCM

- - - Updated - - -

When I went on a 2 month hiatus, I gained 15+lbs. The opposite I expected.

Lost 50 pounds and did the complete opposite of a hiatus, clients were asking me if I got sick and if everything was ok lol.. Learned a lot about how easy it is to put it on and what it takes to lose it over a year or more. So much more damn fun to be happy and put it on, but man a guys gotta watch it at some point when that metabolism just doesnt cut it anymore without being as active. Portions, portions, portions: A basket or 2 of wings from bdubs that I'd eat in one sitting would go home with me and snacked on over the course of the next 3 days for instance.

That initial water weight falls off rather quickly..

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drinking a jack water as we speak, contemplating me entire life’s existence.
thinking I should grab 2 beers and jump... haha

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 153
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 86