No Drink January

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
8 days without booze, and going to try and give it up for Lent. So far so good. Don’t even miss it that much although lm sure there will be moments haha.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
still dry here

now I’m too addicted to the energy to try going back

damn these addictions

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Give me that energy. No drink here since Xmas to busy to go out. My body feels like sht stress deadlines promises are killing me no time to exercise not getting enough sleep. Hitting the cafiene once in a while and that is compounding the problem

What is needed. A good bender but I don't have the time

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If GUYWHOFISHES has stress there is not much hope for the rest of us,

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I stretched my young 20's hard drinking days into my 30's and didn't let up much all the way to 40.
So I figured I'd stretch my no drink January also...so far made it all the way through February. Hopefully my body is getting a much needed breather. It helps that I found a couple NA beers that I really like.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nicely done! Keep it up homie! :;:thumbsup

Stress sucks...I've replaced some of my bad habits with exercise. I have to get up a lot earlier than I want to, but after two months of constant gym time I can't stop going. It's like a drug. Love it! Went to the chiropractor yesterday, knees and posture suck. Will be working on that...

I've also started making to-do lists. Keep myself on task and accomplish things daily. Then focus on the accomplishments. This helps a ton too.

Now, my major hurdle is nutrition. I've created the habit of exercise, but without proper nutrition it feels almost pointless. This might be harder than waking up early to go to the gym...I'm fat and I love food! Plus with four kids it's hard to get everyone eating the same thing and it's expensive to do it separate. Challenge accepted!

Don't quit! You're too much of an inspiration for me now!

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So I’ve also changed my diet Quite a bit in the past year and dropped 30 pounds. I’m happy about that but what I found discouraging is how much more expensive it is to eat healthy. That is so ass backwards to me and frustrating. It’s probably a big reason a lot of folks are less healthy. It’s not just a lifestyle choice but a necessary financial sacrifice.

So all the money I should be saving by not buying booze is going straight to buying fruits and veggies rather than hunting licenses and bullets like I had hoped!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I’ve also changed my diet Quite a bit in the past year and dropped 30 pounds. I’m happy about that but what I found discouraging is how much more expensive it is to eat healthy. That is so ass backwards to me and frustrating. It’s probably a big reason a lot of folks are less healthy. It’s not just a lifestyle choice but a necessary financial sacrifice.

So all the money I should be saving by not buying booze is going straight to buying fruits and veggies rather than hunting licenses and bullets like I had hoped!

I have found the opposite with my family . In stead of eating out or buying pre made garbage i can control the portions( portion control is the devil for me put a 25 oz prime rib down and i think i have to eat it all) and not have a bunch of shit going in the garbage when every one is done. staying out of the gas station not buying garbage has saved me alot also. It would be even cheaper but living in a small town our groceries just cost more. I really like summer when i go out to the garden pick what i want and eat or cook it right there. Either way a little up front cost probably save thousands down the road in health cost. Look at it as the 401k to your heath and longevity

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I should have mentioned we never ate out at restaurants but have changed what we eat at home now...a LOT more produce and just leaner, healthier choices all around rather than so many pre-made or almost pre-made meals.
Our menu before may be the real reason our menu now seems so much more expensive.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Paging Superintendent Baesler... You’re wanted at the red courtesy phone.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are literally kicking me out of the Dominican Republic tomorrow for the decimation of their rum supply. I did not go quietly into the night and I dud not fear any rum challenge thrown my way.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are literally kicking me out of the Dominican Republic tomorrow for the decimation of their rum supply. I did not go quietly into the night and I dud not fear any rum challenge thrown my way.[/QUOTE

guywhowouldbe in both heaven/hell

- - - Updated - - -

Are you now on the weed again #guywhosmokesblunts
if I had it I probably would

but I don’t

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So now what. It’s March.

So conflicted.

I'm gonna give it a shot guy...no pun intended! We'll see how many days I go without a drink. My typical evening when I get home from work or the gym is to have a glass of wine before dinner. Will have a beer whenever we go out for dinner. So by no means a "heavy" drinker, but I have come to really enjoy my wine before dinner...so thinking that will be the hardest part for me. We'll see how it goes, but I do appreciate you starting this thread and sharing...at the very least it has prompted lot's of good discussion!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 57