If you didn't hunt/fish

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd probably wind up just like all my other non-hunting friends: obsessed with mediocre professional sports teams, have a very unhealthy relationship with fried foods and booze, and take up something mind-numbingly boring that combined these things, such as bowling or golf.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Snowboarding. Golf. Woodworking. BMX racing (that might happen this summer anyhow). RC Helicopters/drones.

Hanging out on outdoor sites, posting on every thread.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Snowboarding. Golf. Woodworking. BMX racing (that might happen this summer anyhow). RC Helicopters/drones.

wipe-outs take years to heal nowadays - FYI

you have been warned : )

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
wipe-outs take years to heal nowadays - FYI

you have been warned : )

In my mind, I'm too fast to wipeout. Before I hit the ground, I'll have pulled out an amazing save, and win the race.

I jest.

In reality, for the first time in my life, I'll wear a helmet on a bicycle. And pants with padding, and maybe elbow pads, and decent gloves, and I actually won't be barefoot.

I can't not win.

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really like a lot of the pictures posted on here from time to time and my little sister is a photographer by trade, so I could see myself getting more into that. It's even a cool encounter to do a very amateur version of that taking pictures when smaller deer or critters come in while sitting in the ground blind.

Another hobby, that as mentioned earlier almost goes hand in hand with the hunt/fish aspect, would be cooking more and learning to do that to a finer end game.

Maybe play more guitar and brush up on another language.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
No hunting/fishing is a very dark, depressing, sad place to let my mind wander.....

Like others have mentioned, for alot of us I truely believe its been "home base". Savior, church. What have you....

I'm sure i would find some other dumb hobbies, but its impossible they would provide the utter, total fulfillment of life that hunt/fishing does.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
;:;rofl

- - - Updated - - -

poking the bear is fun - it's worth the occasional mauling

Gold star for flawless execution. I'll be forced to hang my head in shame for minutes.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
so hunting/fishing thing ... would that involve shooting? I would probably shoot more, maybe take up axe throwing, chain saw carving definitely more golfing

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Some guys dick would be a foot longer due to more play time.:::

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd likely dabble in some competition BBQ, mobile pizza, competition shooting, more family camping, more winter skiing, maybe 1-2 trips somewhere warm in the Winter.....And I'd probably advance my career if I didn't care about flexibility and time off.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would get even fatter, lazier, and even more citified than I currently am.

Hard pass.

Maybe camping, hiking, or other outdoor/nature activities would work... but the pursuit of game, and the challenge of "solving the puzzle" (finding/fooling/taking the animal) is SO much of the joy I don't think it would work for me.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
What I do when I'm not hunting/fishing.... riding motorcycle, taking care of the dog, house, landscape, etc. I just don't get a LOT of either side of the teeter-totter as it is.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's funny when these types of conversations come up, because my wife used to give me hell about how much I hunted and fished. My rebuttal has always been: Fine, I'll sell my stuff, buy a new gaming system and bigger TV, turn the garage into a man cave, and be like every other husband you hear about from your coworkers. I hope you can picture me with about 50 extra pounds and a much shorter fuse, because that's what you'll get.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shit, I've been living this nightmare for the last 2+ years. Didn't get out ice fishing at all last winter, probably won't again this winter. Went out for a total of 8 hrs in the boat this last summer. Got out pheasant hunting 1x last fall and 1x this fall. Went deer hunting in MN last fall and this fall for 2 day stents. Got a rifle tag here in SD and the most I could do was sit on the deck while the wife was at a scrapebooking retreat. Work messes up my week long vacations for hunting and or fishing. Kids schedules are getting busier with baseball, wrestling, ect. Not to mention there is never enough coaches so I have been coaching T-ball, baseball and am now one of the youth coaches for wrestling.

I have had a project vehicle in the shed for 2 years, so while I would like to do that, it hasn't happened. The most I get to do these days is house projects (new deck last fall, remodeled to add a bathroom last spring, sheetrock and heat garage, shingled this summer and wrapping up new windows and doors all in the last year).

My hobbies consist of obsessing over being debt free (planning), buying guns and fantasizing about hunting trips.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76