Kicker mount removal

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m currently kind of shopping around for a used walleye boat, and came across one that checks all the boxes. Except the fact that it has a big ugly kicker mounting bracket on the transom. I absolutely hate clutter and things that get in the way, and I also have no interest at all running a kicker motor. If this bracket is removed, will I end up with holes? Are the holes patchable without some sort of unsightly filler? It looks like this:
E03C8E18-4A94-4491-B852-C8D431D2486B.jpg

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would just take it off, put the bolts/screws back in with clear silicone and call it good. You can always touch it up if there are scratches your worried about.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
You could remove the bracket, drill matching holes on the other side and install brake lights and turn signals on the transom so as to be polite to the rest of the boating public. Or, instead of turn signals and brake lights you could install headlights for back trolling.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would just take it off, put the bolts/screws back in with clear silicone and call it good. You can always touch it up if there are scratches your worried about.

Thats’s sort of what I was thinking. I was hoping there was some type of filler I didn’t know about that would flawlessly hide holes in aluminum.

- - - Updated - - -

You could remove the bracket, drill matching holes on the other side and install brake lights and turn signals on the transom so as to be polite to the rest of the boating public. Or, instead of turn signals and brake lights you could install headlights for back trolling.

Now these are some great ideas. I’m actually tempted to drill more holes to see what you can come up with.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just mount a nice step on it. You could drop it down for kids/people to climb back in the boat.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
seems like a good spot for an NDA sticker or LED NDA light...

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Find matching screws to those used in the boats construction. Fill the holes with JB Marine epoxy and when hardened drill, fill new holes with silicone, and add the matching screws. This is assuming the holes are larger than the construction screws require.

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Put a kicker on it! You'll se it more than you think. Don't you like walleye?

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha, I do like walleye. I’ve just always done fine with the electric. Plus instead of buying a motor, I could put that cash towards new electronics.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74