Fort Collins CO area

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I lived in Loveland for a year right out of college, it is a really great area. Ft Collins / Loveland would be a great place to raise a family. Moved downtown Denver for a few years after that and as a younger single man enjoyed that lifestyle a lot... Ended up moving back to be closer to the family and outdoors. The longer I lived out there the less I was interested in snowboarding and more I wanted to ice fish and duck hunt.

Went mule deer and elk hunting a few times, never really figured out where to go while I was there but have been accruing points ever since. Lots of very good ice fishing available out there; even in the Denver metro. Went to Chatfield quite a bit, Evergreen Lake, Georgetown Reservoir. Also chased lakers at Blue Mesa and Lake Granby.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's been 20+ years since I've worked out there on construction crew. The service in restaurants was so unbelievable I still remember the stories to this day. I can't imagine it now. The stupidity, and plain lack of effort was so bad where ever you went it was shocking.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's been 20+ years since I've worked out there on construction crew. The service in restaurants was so unbelievable I still remember the stories to this day. I can't imagine it now. The stupidity, and plain lack of effort was so bad where ever you went it was shocking.

#sausagewaitersyndrome
#guywhoisvindicatedaboutstonedstaffperformance

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know about Fort Collins but I was in Denver a few months back and I was not a fan. The smell of marijuana everywhere, homeless on every corner, dirty, people hallucinating on the streets (shrooms are legal as well). I spent most of my time down town so it might different away from there. Also, we were taking the buses up and down 16th street mall. A buddy of mine got onto a bus full of black guys and they started chanting "we hate white people". He said it was very unsettling, imagine if it would've been the other way around. probably would've made national news.
Being stereotypical has saved me a lot of problems. I would have walked onto that bus and seen the odds, turned right around and walked off that bus.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Being stereotypical has saved me a lot of problems. I would have walked onto that bus and seen the odds, turned right around and walked off that bus.

giphy.gif

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member

so pretty much exactly like most places in ND?

#dontjustblameitonlegalweed

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only downfall about Ft Collins/ Loveland area is the higher housing prices. You can get cheaper housing prices if you move farther away from the big towns or up into the mountains! We visit there quite often and enjoy all it has to offer. My wife would move there instantly if I got a job there. I would be more hesitant because of less ice fishing opportunities ( there are some walleye lakes around). It is a really fun place to visit and there is a ton to do so a great place for kids. Sometimes you can smell stoners but most of the time you would never know it was legal there. Traffic can be busy but mainly only a pain on the weekends and on the interstate. If you stay north of Loveland and don’t get too close to Denver you shouldn’t have no problem. PM me with any questions and I can help out!

- - - Updated - - -

Ft Collins is nothing like downtown Denver. Downtown anywhere big is sketchy. Denver does have some fun places to see though: mile high stadium, children’s science museum, Denver zoo, voodoo doughnuts!!!!!, and more.

I agree. We went to a hockey game and football game. Unfortunately the Titans got beat and that was the last time Mariota played. Now they're a game away from the Bowl.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a great representation of Colorado...as a whole. Especially Ft Collins... :::

Thanks Captain obvious.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
Nothing can be any worse than the drive thru at Mcdonald's in Bismarck and Jamestown. I refuse to leave the window until everything has been checked , and I would say about 75% of the time something is missing .

Thanks Captain obvious.[/QUOTE]

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
so pretty much exactly like most places in ND?

#dontjustblameitonlegalweed

Never, and mean NEVER in ND have I ever had that bad of service. In Perkens, one day we had no silverware at our table. We kept asking for it, multiple times. Our food came, no silver ware. Most of the crew ate it with their hands, I had a chicken fried steak smothered in gravy, not gonna eat it with my hands. I get up and go around the counter and start looking for silverware. The manager see's me and comes over, we get our silver ware, most guys are done. Two of them though, never even got their order. And it was pretty much like this wherever we went. And that was 20+ years ago.

The burger king was so dirty and disgusting in the dining area, I'd hate to imagine the cooking area.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing can be any worse than the drive thru at Mcdonald's in Bismarck and Jamestown. I refuse to leave the window until everything has been checked , and I would say about 75% of the time something is missing .

Yep. I once got a cheeseburger with nothing but the bun and cheese. Don't you put the cheese on the burger?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76