One man's quest for 1000 Coyotes

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
...Might be a pretty good test of the ol' marriage also!

What if number 1,000 is full of mange and looks like a chupacabra? Still mount it? :confused:

ABSOLUTELY!!!! The mount would be for me, and me alone, so I wouldn't care what it looked like. Snagging 1000 dogs in one year is something few can claim. Again, I wish him all the best.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I seen or read that he was trying to do this in one trapping season. I am wondering what would be considered a trapping season since you can trap year round up here. Hell if he came back up here and made his goal I would gladly buy him a drink. Just curious

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Robert started I believe Oct 22nd up by Williston. He is only counting the fur season. So Oct 22nd till Feb 4th I believe.

The 4th of Feb he is pulling the plug the way it sounds right now.

The traps are pulled as of today.

#927 & the traps are pulled. This trap is also reserved for the auction. It is a Duke #3. I think this one is past prime.

8QIdSsd.jpg

Last edited:

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
thank 1lessdog just was wondering, it is coyote season for me any time of the year but I would guess this quest needed some kind of boundaries.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
He averaged just under 9 coyotes a day in that span. That is unbelievable! 927 and thats not counting all the coons, badgers, foxes, and bobcats. Hats off to him and his accomplishment. He is truly a master of his trade. I would love to spend a month with him and learn his tactics and be able to pass that down to my kids.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
He averaged just under 9 coyotes a day in that span. That is unbelievable! 927 and thats not counting all the coons, badgers, foxes, and bobcats. Hats off to him and his accomplishment. He is truly a master of his trade. I would love to spend a month with him and learn his tactics and be able to pass that down to my kids.

He has young trappers with him most of the days. Most guys spent a week with him. The rural setting your in would be fun. The trap setting would be easy to master. The knowing where there going to be and to set that trap right in front of them would be the hard part to master.

Robert took 7 days off at Christmas time.

Last edited:

Cooz'sCatches

927 is quite the accomplishment, I feel that him not making the 1000 really puts into perspective how difficult the task really was. Im sure he could have made it happen but there is something special about also not making the goal that really shows how hard this goal was. Congrats and hope he gets some time off to enjoy all that fur haha It has been fun following this thread thats for sure.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77